Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The other is warming up again…

 Monday was a really good day. We have to wait on the visiting nurse and she didn't bring my paperwork that I need for my new chair cushion so that delete everything. Yesterday was Karen's birthday so we got her bacon-opaly, monopoly's bacon version. When Teresa went to Karen's house she noticed that she collected Monopoly games so this is perfect and I think she loved it. After I got up while I was leaving I ran into Karen, a Fed ex driver that I seem to run into all over the place. We chatted for a while and then I took Robby for a long regular cruise. The weather was perfect, and think it got to at least 70° here today and there were a lot of people out cruising around so that's always nice.  There was a bunch of pelicans flying around and just sitting on the water service trying to get a good picture of them. They put a new piece of artwork at the end of the wharf so I took a picture of it with Google glass, it looks pretty cool. As I was coming back from the wharf Kelly texted me to see if I was still out and about. I met her at the end of the wharf and we cruised back down a little bit and then decided to go over to the boardwalk and check out the new deck in front of the arcade. On our way over there I noticed that it was 3:40 so I decided I better get home because Rosa was coming in at 4:00 PM. Rossa came in and put me to bed and her two daughters Adriana and Cindy came over to say hello and to bring her some pizza, Rosa is always so generous and of course she shared a piece with me. Her daughters are both so sweet, Adriana I used to work for me and Cindy stops by to say hello once in a while. Rosa has a really awesome family!
































Tuesday was another great day. I started out just cruising a little ways down Westcliff and it was so beautiful and so uncrowded and I decided to close all the way down to see the monarch butterflies. I stopped a couple of times to being back and just watch the ocean, so warm and relaxing. I only made it about halfway and then I decided I should probably turn around because of my batteries are going to die I would rather be closer to home. I cruised down to the end of the wharf and by the time I got back my batteries were almost dead so it's a good thing I didn't decide to go any further down Westcliff Drive. I rested for a bit and then roast came in to put me to bed. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, it felt amazing!
























 Wednesday is another awesome day, I can't believe we are such great weather. I got up and took Robby for our regular cruise around Santa Cruz. On my way over to the lagoon and ran into my neighbor Mark, he's the one that makes those really cool trees out of rocks, sea glass and succulent plants. He was showing me his new bike that he put together from bike parts that he has found or given from around Santa Cruz. I told him that I really wish that I could cruise around over by the harbor, it's hard to get over there because the sidewalks are too narrow for both my chair and Robby, he told me away that I could get to there from over by the boardwalk and I was so excited to check it out. We cruised through the lagoon, down Westcliff to the lighthouse Museum, down to the end of the wharf and back and down to the end of the boardwalk and back…  I did check out the overpass that Mark was telling me about to get over to the harbor but they were working on it and had it all closed off.  Again there was not a lot of people and the weather was gorgeous so we took our time and rested a lot.  Again my battery was almost dead so we came home, I forgot all about the farmers market.  I came home and rested for a bit and then Rosa came in to put me to bed. There wasn't a lot else to do so I got to watch TV with my glasses on for a couple of hours before my mom came down and put my CPAP machine on, I have to take my glasses off because in the past I have knocked them off of my face.






























Thursday was a good day. I got up and Kay came over to do my hair, just a touch up and a trim. I'm trying to get back to having it shorter on top and longer on the sides and back. It seems like every time I find somebody to do my hair they do it just like I like it the first time and then they slowly seem to mold my hair into what they think it should look like, I just need to keep a picture of the first time I had it done and bring it up to show her every time... she has so many clients I'm sure it's hard to keep all of them straight. I really like the way it looks. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive to the lighthouse Museum, to the end of the wharf and back home. Unfortunately I forgot to put on my Google glass and of course the view everywhere was incredible, overcast does make for a really great pictures. It was a little bit colder than it has been and I just wanted to get home and turn on the heater. Rosa came in and put me to bed, got me something to eat, did some personal care and gave me a shower. I was really tired and falling asleep when she left.

Friday was a great day. By the time I got up and got dressed the sun was out it was already warm outside, it wasn't supposed to be so was just a really nice surprise. Robby and I cruised through the lagoon and down W. Cliff Dr., we didn't make it any further than that because the waves were huge and the weather was gorgeous. They had a bunch of those pop-up canvas tents lined up just down from the lighthouse Museum, it was some kind of surfing competition. It looked like mostly kids, I saw a bunch of kids running around with wetsuits on. We ended up cruising past the lighthouse Museum and just trying to catch the waves splashing off the rocks with Google Glass. The view was amazing and the weather was perfect and I didn't even want to come home but I knew that I had to. I rested for a bit and then Teresa came in, she brought pad Thai noodles with garlic tofu, prawns and vegetables steamed with ginger from Charlie Hong Kong's... it is always so good. She put me to bed and then I just watched the rest of the evening. An amazing week!









































Saturday was a really great day. By the time I got up and got dressed the sun was already out and it was already warm outside. I took Robby for a cruise to the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive, to the end of the wharf and back into the end of the boardwalk and back. I wanted to check out the overpass/train bridge from the boardwalk to the harbor to see if I could get over there in my chair. I saw a couple of people coming around on bikes and a couple people with strollers and they didn't have any problem so I think I could do it, I'm going to wait until they get totally finished with whatever work they are doing right there and then see if there's a possibility of me going across… I hope so. While I was coming back to the boardwalk I saw a message on Facebook that said my brother was at sunshine Villa, right above the boardwalk, with my mom… My mom goes there to get her hair cut and manicure/pedicure. I was about to text her and ask her if that was a mistake when she texted me and said that they were both there and I should cruise on over so I did. I hung out with them there for a little while and then I decided to leave, I wanted to check out the fungus Festival and get a T-shirt. As I was leaving a gentleman came out of the elevator and started talking to me, he had the most amazing life he was telling me how lucky he was and all the stuff that he did. He said his name was Douglas Greer and to Google  "Doug turkey egg" and I can read all about him.  All of the things he did in the places he told me stories about were in this article. Apparently he was one of the little rascals, alfalfa. He was also telling me about when he was in the Armed Forces and a one point he lost his whole troop, she started crying and then it made me cry. He's 93 years old and just so amazing. I left and headed down towards the fungus Festival and ran into Seth, I hadn't seen him for a long time so we visited for a bit and then I asked him to come to the fungus Festival with me… He said okay. He didn't have a chain to lock up his bike so he waited outside while I went inside to check it out, I only have like an hour before I was going to meet my mom and brother for dinner so I decided to just wait and come back Sunday. They have a lot of T-shirts and I should've just went ahead and got one because on the way home Lisa texted me and said that she ended up going to the doctor because she had a bad reaction to something in her eye was swollen shut. Hopefully I can find the T-shirt online because I'm going to have to stay in bed tomorrow and will be able to go get one. My mom, brother and I decided to go to stagnaro's on the wharf… Really good choice. I had calamari parmigiana over polenta and it was so good, I had had it once before and again I was not disappointed. My brother had fried seafood with fries, there was a little bit of everything and my mom had chicken Parmesan. We cruised to the end of the wharf and took a couple of pictures before we came home. Teresa came in and put me to bed and I just watched properly brothers for the rest of the evening.
http://ourgang.wikia.com/wiki/Douglas_Greer_(actor)


























Sunday was not such a great day. Lisa wasn't feeling well and she didn't have in so I stayed in bed. My mom, my brother, Tom and Kelly went to breakfast and brought me back and avocado/bacon omelette, hash browns and in English muffin. I'm so mad that I didn't just get a T-shirt yesterday while I was at the fungus Festival because now I don't have a chance to get one, I emailed them to find out where I can get one so hopefully I can get one after all. After breakfast Stanley left to go home and I just watched TV the rest of the day until Teresa got here with Surfrider's CafĂ© food, she brought me Gorgonzola and bacon sliders, sweet potato fries, breaded pickles and fried avocado… I really love that place. She told me that the Greek place next to it was gone so I looked it up and sure enough the guy is retiring, he has two places here in Santa Cruz and I hope they're not both closing… The film there was awesome also and I would have eaten there one last time if I had known. We did some personal care and I fell asleep before she left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. A Busy week!

My favorite photos were the beach shots with the boulders, the wave shots, and the crashing wave photos.