Sunday, August 25, 2013

I think this week we will start construction…

Monday turned out to be a really good day. I got up in time to say goodbye to Kelly, she's heading to Sacramento this week for a job. The sun kept coming out and then going away so I hung out in the driveway with Tom to see if the sun would come out and stay, it finally did. Robby and I cruised through the lagoon, we haven't done that for a while, and then cruised down to the end of the Boardwalk and back and down to the end of the wharf and back. It was still a little chilly and I could feel my muscles tighten up so I just came home and hung out with Tom a little bit more. Rosa came and put me to bed and I just relaxed and watched TiVo the rest of the evening.

Tuesday was another great day. Another day of cold one minute and hot the next but I took Robby for a cruise and I was comfortable. We cruise down Westcliff, down to the end of the wharf at back and down to the end of the boardwalk back. I came home and rested for a bit and talk to Tom and we decided to go back to the ideal restaurant and get something to eat, we sat outside and it was really nice… The sun finally came out to stay. Tom had fish and chips and I had fried calamari, prawns, fish and fries, I was so hungry but couldn't eat much so I brought it home. Teresa came and put me to bed and we did some personal care.

Wednesday was a nerve-racking but pretty good day. Jonathan Bloom from ABC local channel 7 news came by to interview me with my Google glass, people are starting to get a real positive attitude about it for the differently abled. They were really bad mouthing it at first thinking of it as a toy but now that people are thinking of it as a necessity for the differently abled everyone wants to hear about it. I was really nervous and can't even really remember what I said so I hope I did okay. I got an answer back from Dunton construction and they are going to start next week, Thursday I think, with the deck and then go from there. Tom and I took a walk downtown and cruised around and then came back to rest for a while. Rosa came and put me to bed and Lee and Claudia, my uncle and my aunt and my mom and I had spaghetti, garlic bread and a salad for dinner and then we played cribbage… It didn't suck this time and I broke even.

Thursday was such a beautiful day. I got up and took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon and then down to Dominican rehab where Teresa and I met with the PT to make a video for range of motion. I got there and went through the lobby and ran into Andrei, it is always so great to see him. I was cruising down the hallway and I heard somebody say "hey Tammie" and when I turned around there was Andrei. I talked to him for a couple of minutes and then he said he would come down to the gym where I had my appointment so we could catch up a little bit. He has been following me with the Google class and he wanted to find out what was going on. While he was there he looked at my laterals and my heels, my heels for some reason are about 2 inches off the pedals and my laterals are crooked. We have an appointment on the 10th but he wanted to see what he was going to need to do. I told the PT that I would bring my Google glass so that she could check them out and everybody in the gym was very interested in what they can do. They put me on the map and videotaped some stretches and then we talked about the Google glass. Teresa and I decided to stop at the burger place up on the hill so we texted Tom and my mom to see if they wanted anything. I usually get an ahi tuna burger is usually pretty good but this time it wasn't so good, I also got some sweet potato fries and they were kind of cold. Three separate me to bed and we did some personal care I got a nice long hot bath. I get to sleep in the morning.







Friday was a really great day. As usual I got a massage so I got to sleep in early, it always feels so great. I got up and took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, across the Bay St., Park, halfway down Westcliff and back into the end of the wharf and back. I ran into Tammy, she runs the Segway shop down by the wharf. I see her all the time and so we just started saying hello and then talking. She was trying out the child Segway with a friend. I came back and rested for a bit and then Tom and I cruised over to the boardwalk to see Eddie Money, he was this week's band on the beach. He always puts on such a fantastic show and everybody loved him, I have never missed his concert. We came back and Teresa put me to bed. I saw one of my friends comment on Facebook that he saw me in the news with my Google glass so I looked it up and sure enough…
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/technology&id=9215989

Saturday was a really nice day. I got up and went out to breakfast with Tom to Zachary's, I think Zachary's has about the best breakfast in Santa Cruz. We came back and Kelley was here, back from her weeklong stay in Sacramento. She had fun but she looked really tired and I think she was glad to be back home. Tommy Kelly took me to Costco to get some much-needed supplies and by the time we got back I had time to rest for a bit before Rosa came to put me to bed, do some personal care and give me a nice long hot bath.

Sunday turned out to be a little disappointing. I wasn't feeling very good but I was going to get up anyway, I felt really prickly and couldn't get warm. As Adriana was getting dressed my stomach started cramping a little and making weird noises so I figured it was a good day to stay in bed. Of course this on a day when none of my home automation was working. I slept most of the day, listen to music and visited with family. Kelly smoked some corn and make chowder, smoke some potatoes and we had pulled pork sandwiches… Kelly and I had pulled pork tacos. All in all I guess it was a pretty good day and there were no mishaps.

1 comment:

betty said...

How cool with the concert with Eddie Money, Tammie! Glad you were able to go. I never had smoked corn, I bet it was delicious! Neat to see all the good publicity about the Google Glass; I think it is such a wonderful invention myself!!

betty