Sunday, May 26, 2013

Finishing up and unpacking…

Monday was a pretty good day. It was supposed to be warm so I wanted to get up early and cruise around before it got too hot, it ended up being 80°. I always like going for a cruise after the weekend is over because it's not as crowded but there is a lot of maintenance work done on Mondays. I came back and rested for a while and Heather came to visit, she came back a couple of days early from her vacation so she told me all about it… It sounds like she had a really great time. Rosa came and put me to bed and I just rested for the rest of the evening.

Tuesday I got up and took Robbie for really long cruise, through the lagoon, up through Bay St., Park, along with Cliff and back, to the end of the wharf and back and home. I can tell that Robby is getting old because I had to slow down to 4 miles an hour and he gets tired a lot quicker, maybe it's just because it's summer and were out and about a lot more than we are during the winter? I hope that's the case because we love cruising around during the summer. I came back home and Teresa and I did payroll, she put me to bed and we did some personal care. I think I fell asleep before she even left.

Wednesday to a little bit longer to get up because we forgot to charge my chair on Tuesday Evening. We went on our regular long cruise and I ran into more people than I usually do. I ran into Andrew and Raul at the lagoon and again upon Westcliff Drive. Andrew lives around the corner from me and they both work for the city of Santa Cruz, cruising around doing just about everything. At the beginning of Westcliff I ran into Katran, the realtor that helped me find this place. We talked for a little bit and we cruised on. At the lighthouse Museum I ran into Tim, he gives to wares on the Segways, I see them cruising all over town and he stops and talks to me whenever he can. I curse back and we rested for a bit. It looks like they are done painting my house and now they are putting everything back together, they are moving my furniture back tomorrow. It feels like a whole new house. Vicente was putting the things back on the wall and hanging the curtain rods back up, he came in to hang the blades back on my fan… They painted the same color as the trim and I love it. I decided to take Robby for one more cruise through the lagoon before was time for Rosa to come and put me to bed. Usually I just cruised right through but this time I decided to stop and just enjoy the sun for a while and watch the ducks and the turtles, I have never done that before and it was very relaxing. It seems to me like I'm always in a hurry, trying to get somewhere are trying to get home, and I don't know why. It seems like wherever I am want to be somewhere else. I'm going to try to make myself stop and relax and not be in such a hurry. I slowed my chair down from 6 miles an hour to 4 miles an hour and sometimes it's a frustrating but I think it's going to be okay once I get used to it. I came back and Rosa put me to bed and heated me up some spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread and salad that Teresa had made the other day. Lee and Claudia, my uncle and aunt and my mom and I played cribbage. Lee was my partner and we lost a dollar but we had fun and I got a lot of compliments on my new place. My arms were really sore from having the windows open all day, the warm wind is okay but the cold wind just seems to make the muscles in my arms tighten up.

Thursday was a great day. I got up and wanted to get out of the way because they were finally moving all of my furniture back into my house, I'm so excited to almost have my home back to normal. I went for cruise through the lagoon, up to Bay St. Park, to the end of the wharf and back and home. I wanted to be around as much as possible in case they needed to be reminded where anything went but also wanted to be out of the way so they can do what they needed to do. I came back and rested for a while and then went on another cruise, the same route. On the way back home I ran into Melanie, I met Melanie a couple of years ago at the lagoon. She works for mosquito abatement and keeps the lagoon stocked with fish that eat the mosquitoes, I told her that I had a little pond that I could see mosquito larvae in and asked her if I could have a few fish, she has been bringing them by my house ever since. She stopped me to let me know that I wouldn't see her for a while because she was going on maternity leave soon, her first baby she says. I asked her when the baby was due and she said June 19th, I said "oh my God, my birthday is June 18th, you're going to have a Gemini baby your lucky lady. Unfortunately I didn't get to talk to her for very long because cars were backing up behind her but I know I will see her again. I came back home and rested for a while and decided to go hang out at the lagoon for a while, it was really pleasant yesterday's ongoing to start doing it more often. As beautiful as this place is there is not a lot of people there and I like that. I came back and Teresa put me to bed and started to put my house back together, I didn't realize how much stuff I had and how much stuff I need to get rid of.

Friday was of course massage day. I decided to get a massage only one day for two hours instead of two days, that way I don't have to stay in bed more than one day a week while the weather is nice. When the concert starts I will just get up later on Fridays because I don't usually get back home until 8 PM, I love being able to stay up later. Karen came in early to give Robby a bath and cut his toenails, actually drummel his toenails. I rested for a bit and watch Dr. Phil. Teresa came by to give me a bath and put my kitchen back together, it always feels so great to have a bath and it's nice to get my kitchen back. The girls have been doing pretty much everything in my bedroom. I had the toaster oven, the coffee pot and the kettle to make my tea right next to my bed. A couple more days and I think everything will be back to normal around here, whatever normal is for around here. Robby was acting really weird today, every time somebody would move or get up he would jump up and follow them. We took them out to go potty several times but that didn't seem to be what he wanted, we even gave him some coconut chips but it still didn't change his behavior. We did put his food container outside to fill up and for a while we thought that's what it was because we saw a cat trying to eat out of it but we chase the cat away, filled it out and brought it in and he was still acting weird. I had some artichoke bottoms so Teresa chopped up some roasted garlic and added butter, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese… They were so good but I had to stop myself from eating more than one or I would probably be sorry tomorrow morning. She made me a couple more for tomorrow night.


Saturday was a great day. The weather was beautiful, there was a nice breeze and I FINALLY got to go to Costco. I was pretty much out of everything. We filled up the cart and decided we needed to come back the next day because we needed more stuff. Of course we got a chicken bake and got back just in time to rest for a bit before Rosa came to put me to bed. I thought it would be a lot more crowded at Costco because it was Memorial Day weekend but it wasn't that bad at all, it only took us an hour. Rosen came and we did some personal care and I ate a chicken bake, you can buy them frozen and bring them home but they're just not as good as when you get them at Costco. It was late by the time Rosa left and I was exhausted so I fell right to sleep.

Santa Cruz was so crazy on Saturday I decided to just stay in bed on Sunday. I thought it was going to be a relaxing normal day but it turned out to be one of the most exciting days in my life. I got an email from Google glass that said I have 14 days to go to Google headquarters in Mountain View and pick up my Google class. I picked June 4th so I would have them in time for the R puppy reunion. One time we were passing through and Teresa and I found a really awesome Ramen noodle place in Mountain View so we will probably hit that place also. Appointment isn't until 2 PM so we should be able to eat and shop for a little bit before we go.Rosa came and wanted everything outside and cleaned up my porch and put it back together, she is amazing. Heather came by and made some lamb chops, fresh corn on the cob… Off the cob, roasted potatoes and greens for dinner for me. Needless to say it was amazing! I was just complaining about it being Memorial Day and I wasn't going to have any barbecue and Heather came by and made it all perfect. I'm glad she's back in and thought she had a good time in Hawaii.

1 comment:

betty said...

Glad you are going to be able to do the Google Glass, Tammie!! I bet you are looking forward to that! And I'm sure you are glad to have your house back in the order you like. I know that is always a good feeling!

Enjoy your Memorial Day!

betty