Sunday, September 11, 2011

Roaring Camp Railroad...






Monday was a holiday and another long morning for me so again I ended up staying in bed, my neck is really getting sore from staying in bed. My brother and his family left around noon so I just relaxed the rest of the day.

Tuesday was a busy day for everyone. Robby had a bath, the housekeeper’s were coming to clean and I had a dentist appointment. After my dentist appointment I met Tom and Kelly at the bagelry and had an everything bagel with light cream cheese, tomato and capers and some chai tea, my new favorites. I came back and waited for Robby and then we took a nice long cruise down past the lighthouse, it was so beautiful. It has been really warm here the last couple of days so it’s nice to go down by the lighthouse where there is a nice breeze. I came back and Tom, Kelly and I talked about what we wanted on the back porch. The last time we had a barbecue we talked about how nice it would be to have a sink and a pass-through from the kitchen to the porch. There’s not a lot of room but I do have a big Burrell table out there so we decided to incorporate that, it is going to look so awesome. We’re also going to put up some lights.

Wednesday again I ended up staying in bed. My personal care took a really long time and I was really wiped out. I did get to take a nice long hot bath and then just relax the rest of the day.

Thursday I got up and took Robby for a really long cruise through the lagoon, over to the lighthouse and down to the wharf. It was really warm out so it’s nice to get the breeze down by the lighthouse. I came back home and Teresa waxed Karen and I and then we went to Hong Kong Charlie’s to get some noodles, man that place is good. Tom joked about wanting a Slim Jim, a Moon pie and RC Cola instead of noodles so we ran around Santa Cruz to get him what he wanted, the Moon pie was the hardest to find.

Friday I got my much-needed massage, I love Fridays because I get a massage and I get to sleep in. I got up and ran Robby through the lagoon, down to the lighthouse, to the end of the wharf and back. Kelly and I went to see our idiot brother and then we were going to go have sushi but then decided to come back home and order pizza from Woodstock pizza, it was awesome. I wasn’t feeling very good and I think it’s because I haven’t been drinking very much water during the day or tea during the night and my urine was really dark, I think I’m getting a bladder infection. I went to bed and drink as much tea as I could hoping to flush it out.

Saturday was another long, exhausting morning and I just took a bath, went back to bed and rested.

Sunday was such an awesome day. Tom, Kelly and I decided to take the Roaring Camp Railroad ride. We have been trying to find a good day to do it for a long time, we got the tickets months ago. It looked overcast outside but it was really warm so we headed down to the boardwalk and waited by the carousel ride. At first we were thinking maybe they canceled the train again, we try to take it a couple of weeks ago and they canceled it, but pretty soon we saw it coming down the tracks... I was so excited to finally get to ride it. I was surprised how secure I felt in their wheelchair lift. The ride was as awesome as I had imagined, it was just so beautiful. The conductor explained a lot and was very funny. We were running late so we only had about half an hour to eat and we didn’t get to explore as much as we had liked. We boarded the train and headed for home. Such a great day.

3 comments:

betty said...

Glad you were able to take that train ride, Tammie! It looked like it was fun!

hope this week is a good one; cooling down a bit down here!

betty

Prof. Jardson Pires said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Prof. Jardson Pires said...

I'm happy for her.
God bless.
Happiness.

(I'm from Brazil, and I'm following your blog)