Friday, May 27, 2011

Puppy play day, it's been a while...






Monday was really cold and windy. I took Robby out for a cruise a couple of times but we only made it to the wharf, through the boardwalk and back. I can stand the cold and rain a little bit but I just can’t take the wind. I came home and Heather was cooking a bunch of food in the kitchen smelled wonderful. Teresa came and put me to bed and we kind of try to figure out a bunch of stuff that needs to be done, kind of spring cleaning and organizing. She is off from school in June so hopeful we will get a lot done.

Tuesday was supposed to be cold and rainy so I ended up staying in bed all day again, it really was rainy, windy and cold so I’m glad I did but I just get so frustrated at everything when I have to stay in bed. Teresa came by and gave me a nice long hot bath and put me back to bed and now I just wish I could sleep until the morning.

If you are going down a road and don't like what's in front of you and look behind you and don't like what you see, get off the road. Create a new path! Maya Angelou

Wednesday was such a great day. I got dressed and got up early and took Robby for our usual long cruise, the weather was perfect. I came back and Heather was cooking, it always smells so amazing in here when Heather’s around. Cassy came and put me in the standing frame and told me that she gets to go to San Diego for some classes and she’s going to be helping her parents with their business, that is so great for her. She also has 21 units at college, I don’t know how she does it. I’m again looking for a part-time evening caregiver. Lee and Claudia, my uncle and aunt and my mom and I played cribbage. My uncle was my partner and we won almost every game, I think we won at least four dollars... woo hoo!!

"Practice enjoying the present moment, rather than using it up consumed with guilt over the past or worry about the future. Refuse to allow any thoughts based on your past to define you." - Dr. Wayne Dyer

Thursday after I got up I kept waiting for the weather to get nice, it was supposed to be 70°, but it was cold and windy all day long. I waited as long as possible and then I decided I better take Robby out for cruise. We cruised down the wharf and the boardwalk but then noticed a couple of off leash dogs along the reservoir so we turned around and came back, it’s getting pretty frustrating and everybody is surprised when “all of a sudden their dog is aggressive”. We cruised through town just to practice pushing the button to change the light, he gets a little over anxious sometimes but he’s pretty accurate. I’m hoping that when my cousin gets here I can get a video of all the stuff that he does because he does it with such enthusiasm, it is adorable. Maybe I just think it is because he’s my guy?

Via Vatican: Faced with the death of a man, a Christian never rejoices, but reflects on the serious responsibility of everyone before God and man, and hopes and pledges that every event is not an opportunity for a further growth of hatred, but of peace.

Friday was a good day but a not so good day. I got to sleep in until 8:30 AM and then I got a nice long massage. My personal care took way too long but I got a nice long hot bath and then went back to bed, of course it looked like it was really nice outside so I’m kind of bummed that I didn’t get to go out and run around but tomorrow I will be up and out of here early.

Saturday was a gorgeous day. Time and again for our monthly support group. Only two people besides me showed up but we had a good time and decided it was about time for a barbecue. I sent an e-mail to everyone asking if they would attend and what day would be good for them... we’ll see how it goes. On the way back I ran into a lady who was looking for the support group, she was running late and missed it. I talked to her for a while and took down her e-mail so I can send her reminders for the next one, I hope she can make it. I cruised home and Heather was cooking up some more stuff in the kitchen, she is going to be gone for a little over a week and wanted to make sure I had enough food to get me through until she got back... she is always so sweet.

Sunday was such an awesome day. I sent a message to Dr. Owens asking her if the dogs could come back and play again, Robby missed them so much. I never heard from her so we took our usual long cruise around Santa Cruz and Dr. Owens called me on the way back so I had her come over with Bella and Ozzy, she brought over her daughters Brooke and Nina also. We dug out the pool that I got for them for the summer and they have such a great time. You could tell they really missed each other a lot. Robby is now sleeping like a baby. My uncle came over with a huge bowl of popcorn, he makes a perfect with a lap of butter and salt. Unfortunately I cannot have any butter because I’m on the elimination diet. It’s not doing me any good and I really really miss cheese and butter. I know I can make it until June 10.

1 comment:

betty said...

enjoyed looking at the dogs playing, Tammie! I think they were having a great time!! that is neat that Heather precooked some meals for you! I have to agree, she is such a sweetie! Other than the weather being up and down a lot with the wind and cool days, sounds like things are going good for you!! have a good Memorial Day!

betty