Sunday, March 20, 2011

This weather is unbelievable...




Monday I ended up staying in bed once again, very frustrating. The massage therapist was supposed to be here at 8:30 AM but is still sick. Karen had a steady party and didn’t expect to come in until 9 AM and I knew she would be tired so we just kept it at 9 AM. It was supposed to rain all day so I kind of planned on staying in bed but still went a little stir crazy. I just watched TV and goes on and off all day. Heather came by about 3 PM and cooked a bunch of wonderful stuff and fed Robby. I told Teresa not to bother to come because there wasn’t much for her to do. I hope it doesn’t rain a lot tomorrow.

Tuesday I got up early and took Robby for a really long cruise, the usual cruise. I was supposed to go to Valley medical center for a presentation on the world's first embryonic stem cell trial but I didn’t make it. One of my tires on my van was low and wanted to get in on Friday he said it was in really bad shape and recommended I didn’t take it to San Jose until I got the tire replaced. It would’ve been nice to go but better to be safe, it was also raining that day. My uncle and my aunt, Steve, Lee and Claudia and my mom and I played cribbage, I didn’t do very good.

Wednesday morning the survey or came by to see if they really thought I needed a residential handicap parking place in front of my house, the lady told me right off that she didn’t think her boss would go for it because I had such a long driveway. You never know unless you ask? I do have a really long driveway but it’s very narrow. Robby and I went for our daily cruise and of course again I forgot to set the odometer on my iPhone to see how long it is, I’m so curious but I always forget. I came home and did the standing frame and went to bed. I looked in my cameras and I can see about four or five men coming up the driveway so I asked Cassy to see what was going on. I could see read out the front door and she said it was a fire truck and that somebody had complained about some kind of car fluid leaking in the driveway but apparently they didn’t have the address, they walked up and down my driveway a couple of times. I asked Cassy to go out and asked them if she needs to put me back in my chair in case we need to get the heck out, they said no everything was fine. Teresa came by after work to get everything ready to go in the crockpot for corned beef and cabbage dinner tomorrow, she is always there for me and I don’t know what I would do without her. Were going to put it in the crockpot tomorrow morning and let it cook all day, last year it was awesome.

‎"When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful." ~ Gene Hill

Thursday I decided to let everyone know that Robby is getting a little bit too socially aggressive so no more puppy play dates or pet therapy for a while or maybe even for ever, depending on whether I can get him back in shape. We went for our regular long cruise and I remembered to set tAhe odometer when I left so I could see how long our cruises are but for some reason when I got back it had shut itself off, maybe I hit it with my arm or something. When I got back and into the house the smell was INCREDIBLE, the corned beef and cabbage cooking in the crockpot all day. It was huge but everybody loved it so much that by the end of the day most of it was gone, I’m definitely going back to Costco to get at least one more. My aunt and uncle, Cassy, Teresa, Claudia, Rich and my mom and I finished it off. My uncle, Claudia and my mom and I ended up playing cribbage and we double skunked them... I have never double skunked anyone in my life and it felt great.

Friday was a very long morning so I just took a nice long hot bath and went back to bed, for some reason I was just really sleepy all day and the day went by fast. Cassy came by at three to treat Robby and I. Heather came by and made some raviolis with Cale, a bunch of different kinds of mushrooms and feta cheese... she had made it for me before and it was awesome. I must’ve fell asleep and slept really hard because I woke up at seven and was wondering where Karen was. It got to be 730 and I just assumed that she slept in. When I looked up there was a PM after the 730 and I couldn’t believe it, I could sleep a lot more before Karen got here at 7 AM. I can go back to sleep right now so I’m listening to the rain outside and playing cribbage online, I love that sound.


Saturday was just a really cold, rainy day. I knew I wasn’t going to be able to cruise down to the support group with Robby because of the weather. We even got really hard hail for about 10 minutes, Karen got a video of it on her camera. I didn’t really think there would be too many people at the support group but there was five, that is a really good group. We had so much fun talking about everything that the group went on for about two hours. We were talking about maybe having another potluck next support group. Cassy text me about 10 minutes to three and said that she was out of school so she would get my van and come and pick me up. It’s supposed to rain all weekend until Tuesday, it looks like thunderstorms on Monday.

Sunday it was supposed to rain all day so I already knew I was just going to stay in bed and watch movies. The night before the electricity went out four times, all after 8 PM of course. Luckily I have a generator that works in my room, the thermostat and the refrigerator in the kitchen. Unfortunately my computer has to be turned on manually each time the electricity goes out, my brother gave me instructions on how to get your computer to automatically reboot after a power outage. The last time the electricity went out was 7 AM this morning and it was out for about three or four hours. By the time Karen got here I was freezing in my arms hurt the rest of the day from my muscles tensing up. We brought the coffee pot in my room so luckily we had coffee, we both really needed it. We had fun watching a squirrel try to get some food out of the squirrel proof bird feeder, it was hilarious. I really hate not being able to feed the squirrels anymore but it just attracts too many raccoons and rats. The little neighbor girls FINALLY brought my Girl Scout cookies, I can’t wait to dig in.

1 comment:

betty said...

that was a cute video with the squirrel trying to get some bird seed, Tammie. Where I used to live, the neighbor next door had bird feeders and had problems with squirrels. He would catch the squirrels and take them away only to have them come back a week or so later. We wouldn't see them and then they would be back, that cycle repeated a lot, LOL. Koda, of course, would go crazy when he saw them in the backyard.

I bet the corned beef/cabbage tasted so good! I have yet to make corned beef that wasn't really tough and not tender, but never though of cooking it in the crockpot, will have to try that next year!!

we are getting quite a bit of rain tonight; real windy here too!

betty