Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Spin Doctors...






Monday I had an appointment at Dominican rehab with Andre to finally get the laterals put on my chair, we have been trying to do this for a long time. One of them fit on the frame of the chair but the other one couldn’t be put on without modifying the back of the chair. Apparently Andre could not find anybody to do it so he was going to bring in his tools the next day and do it himself, he is such a neat guy. After we left we went to get something to eat at KFC, I have not had a twister for a long time. We went to Santa Cruz skilled nursing so Robby could visit with the residents, I decided to take off his vest when we got there so I wouldn’t have problems with him trying to visit people outside of the care facility. Robby really loves all the attention.

Tuesday I took Robby for a really long cruise to the boardwalk and to the wharf, it is good practice to make sure he ignores the people. It’s really hard for me to say no to people that want to pet him but I have learned that is best for Robby and she is my main concern. We went back to Dominican rehab so Andre could put the other lateral on my chair, it really felt good and I think it’s going to help a lot. I had laterals on my other chair but I can’t remember why I took them off. Teresa and I picked up Heather and we went to have Greek food. The first place that we went was closed so we went to another place and the food was really good. By the time we ate the appetizers and the salad we were all full so we ended up taking our dinner home. I ordered a Greek style ribs and took a few bites, it was really good and I cannot wait until lunch tomorrow.

Wednesday was pretty uneventful, I took Robby for a couple of cruises around Santa Cruz. We ended up at pet Smart looking for ideas to cage in my motor on my pond so it doesn’t suck everything up into it.

Thursday Robby and I hung out with Trish, Noah and Bean from around the corner in the purple house. Robby and Bean have puppy play dates every once in a while and they have a really good time, Robby always has a good time when playing with other puppies. After the puppy play date Cassidy took me over to Pet Smart to get a couple of things. I’m looking for something to cover the motor/pump in my little pond/waterfall. It keeps getting leaves and pond debris stuck in it, that along with the Raccoons knocking stuff into it is just making it a mess. I found a cheese cloth bag with a drawstring that I thought would fit but it was too small, we tried cutting it but that didn’t work so back to the drawing board. She also took me over to Costco to get a couple of things that I needed there and on the way back we stopped at Dave’s albacore and got crab rolls, they were awesome.

Friday Heather Made a killer dinner of calamari and prawns, cauliflower, stuffed baked potato, quinoa and green beans... as you can imagine it was AWESOME. Teresa and I stopped at the Ideal Restaurant at the beginning of the wharf for drinks and calamari Before we headed off to the concert on the beach. Tonight was the Spin Doctors and they put on a really great show. The lead singer was so entertaining and I remembered a couple more songs than I thought I would. Teresa got a new camera so we got some really awesome pictures. On the way home we saw Heather, Linda, Alex and a couple of the neighbors hanging out in front of Heather’s house so we stopped by to visit for a while and take some pictures. Heather has some really good friends.

Saturday ended up being a long morning and I was really tired so I stayed in bed. I don’t know why everybody makes a big deal about me staying in bed, it’s really annoying and it makes me feel lazy. The first thing everybody says when they walk in the room is “oh, you didn’t get up today?” I don’t even know what to say to that because to me the answer is so obvious. I watched a couple of movies and my niece Alexia and a couple of her friends Mike and Ayla came down to visit for a while. I think mostly I feel guilty when I stay in bed because of Robby but he’s just laying on his bed resting, why can’t people just relax and accept it like Robby does?


Sunday we didn’t have puppy play date so I decided to take Robby for a nice long cruise. We started down towards the boardwalk and it was so crowded so I decided to go to the wharf. I didn’t realize until I got down to the end that they were having a Hawaiian festival. They have a lot of arts and crafts and Hawaiian massage tables set up. I sat and listened to the music for awhile, it was really beautiful and calming. We cruised around for a while and then came back and went to Ross, I LOVE Ross because you never know what you’re going to find. While I was there a guy walked up and asked me if he could keep me in his prayers, I didn’t really know what to say. Sometimes when strangers approach you you get that creepy I want to run away feeling, I didn’t get that with him at all. I didn’t know what to say so I said sure and he started praying right there in the store, I thought he meant at home. It was very short and he was very sweet. I finally got my porch moved around and I love it, before it just looked really crowded. I love my place more and more every day.

1 comment:

betty said...

I'm with you, Tammie, about not letting people pet Robbie if you think it is better for him if they don't; I'm the same way with Koda, especially little kids who want to pet him. They mean well, but sometimes they are a bit rough in their petting and I wouldn't want him to do anything to hurt them so I always say "no" when they ask (but I'm glad they ask, LOL, rather than just pet him on their own)

I also don't think it is wrong if you want to spend time in bed; LOL I would do that if I didn't have to work, it is so relaxing sometimes just to read and hang out without having too much going on

betty