Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My new rehab doctor...

Today was a very productive day. I had an appointment with my new rehab doctor and she recommended a urologist. I also found a primary care doctor, my new primary care doctors nurse is my new part-time caregiver, and I have a wheelchair in evaluation for my new chair tomorrow. They are going to write me a prescription for a new bed frame, the one I have right now is not compatible with my rotating air mattress. During my appointment with Dr. Jet I mentioned that I used to go to a support group at Valley Medical Center and that I really miss it. She told me that they do have a support group at Dominican and she gave me the number of the guy that runs it. She said that there's not a lot of females but that was a good group, I always seem to get along better with males anyway, I'm really excited about the fact that I might be going to support groups again.
Somebody told me that they had computer classes at the Senior Center so I want to find out more about that. My aunt happened to be going by so she stopped to talk to them and found out that the computer courses were only for seniors but they were looking for volunteers to teach them how to get on the Internet and maneuver their way around, I think I would like to do that so I am going to go down and see when they need volunteers.
Heather came by today with some kind of fish called Cobia that she's that you cannot buy and it sure tasted good, I looked it up and said that Cobia mostly feed on crab so you know if it has good taste it must taste good. She also brought some prawns and made some rice and some mixed sautéed vegetables, I can not brag about this woman enough. She made me another veggie wrap and she said she will be by tomorrow.

1 comment:

betty said...

just so happy you are over here with us :)

betty