Wednesday, October 8, 2008


Today was the day of my wheelchair evaluation, I have been waiting for this for a long time. I actually got my new chair about eight months ago but have only been in it about six times. Every time I turned it on it starts beeping constantly and then shuts off and when I called Rehab Specialist they tell me it needs to be charged, make sure the charger is plugged into the wall and of course make sure the charger is plugged into the chair... I have been injured or 13 years now and I think I know how to charge of chair. It wasn't until my nephew ran it into a parked car and I had to take it in to get fixed but they finally saw for themselves. While the guy was moving it around the shop it started beeping and shut off several times so he called the manufacturer and they told him how to fix it so he fixed it. When my mom went to pick it up the guy was driving it out of the van and it started beeping and shut off so they decided to keep it and found out that the driving mechanism was faulty so they ordered a new part... why does nobody listened to me?
I saw my new rehab doctor yesterday and she said she would be at the wheelchair evaluation, she wasn't there. We were told that a representative from Rehab Specialist would be there, he wasn't there. Luckily the OT showed up so we got to do the pressure mapping and she recommended a Roho cushion and wrote down everything else we wanted to change and we will go back and a couple of weeks when she can get somebody out there from Rehab Specialist.
After my appointment on the way out of the hospital we just happen to run into Roger. Dr. Jet told me about Roger the day before, he has the support group. He said that he had a support group that was really going strong but that he really hasn't had time to keep it going strong so it kind of fizzled out but he said he really wants to get one going again, I told him I would be glad to do anything I could to help and he was really excited. He's going to call a bunch of peers to get together and decide how to go from there.
Teresa came over tonight and got my Halloween decorations out of the garage and we sorted them and she's going to come back on Saturday so we can decorate, I LOVE Halloween.

1 comment:

a corgi said...

so neat you are going to get the support group running again!!