Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Extremely hot this week…

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up early so I can go for breakfast and cruise around the wharf with my family before they have to go. We decided to go to grandpa's favorite place Gildas, grandpa used to go in there all the time and knew her personally. We went in there and she came over to say hello and we told her that grandpa had passed and she started crying, it was so sad… Maybe we shouldn't have said anything? The next day or the day after that she had a heart attack coming into work and pass away. I remember growing up whenever we came to the Santa Cruz wharf that's where we ate no matter what time of day. Every time I go by that place I think of grandpa. Usually when I go there I have a crab omelette but this time I had poached eggs, bacon, fruit and an English muffin. Almost everybody else had chicken fried steak and eggs, Carmen had pancakes and Sherry had strawberry Belgian waffle… Everybody was happy with what they got and what a beautiful view. We cruised around the wharf for a little while but had to get back, they were going to Palo Alto to visit friends they haven't seen for three years and then on to San Francisco for a couple of days. I think they're going to stop back by here on Wednesday before they head home. It was really hot and I was overheated again so after they left I had my mom take off as much as she could and I did cool down before Rosa got here, I should wear this much spandex/polyester on such a hot day. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and I watched TV until I fell asleep.

 Tuesday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and fed Robby and I and she did some stuff around the house, put me on my side and then went to work. The rest of the day I just watched TV, got caught up on my blog and edited some pictures. Rosa came in and set me back up to my computer and I just watched TV until I fell asleep.

Wednesday was a pretty busy day. Karen came in and got me up and Debbie texted me and said they wanted to come by for an hour or so before they headed back to San Diego. A couple of guys from AT&T digital came by to install the keyless entry on my back door, I thought they were going to take off my old keyless entry and put a deadbolt but that's not what happened so now I have two keyless entries with different codes on the back door… Seriously?? Debbie and her family came back to spend a little bit more time and celebrate Carmens birthday with us, they brought a chocolate raspberry cake and it was awesome. It was nice to see them again, the whole family is just so cool and I just feel so comfortable with them. Right after we sang happy birthday Daniel from Numotion came by to take a look at my chair. I know I need new batteries and after he oiled it it sounded pretty good. I went back inside and everybody said goodbye again, I hope they come back really soon. Robby and I took off for a little cruise through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park where I ran into about four ladies walking about 20 dogs. I have seen them a couple times before and wanted to get their information for when I'm not feeling good or during the winter so Robby can get some exercise and hang out with a pack. We cruised down to the Santa Cruz wharf and then back home. I ran into Bill and his friend, Bill is the guy that fixes my ceiling lift. They were looking for a good restaurant to have some prawns and I think they ended up going to Stagnaro's. I stopped to take a picture and I saw this little boy, maybe two years old, crawling up on the rail and I was about to say something when somebody came up behind me and asked him to get down because he was going to fall in. I thought it was somebody he was with but it was just some random lady that was just trying to warn him. His mom was on the other side of the dumpster but assured us that she had her eye on him, poor kid. We cruised back home and rested for a bit until Rosa came in, she brought some chicken and a salad from the farmers market. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. I watched TV for a while until I fell asleep.

Thursday was a really great day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I cruise downtown to meet with my psychologist, the time went by really fast because I have a lot to say. After my appointment Robby and I cruised down to the Santa Cruz wharf and then over to the boardwalk, I really didn't want to come back because the weather was perfect but my chair batteries were dying so I had to come back. Robby and I hung out outside for a while until Rosa came in. She put me to bed and fed us and after she left I just watched TV for a while until I fell asleep.

Friday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I went for a nice long cruise around Santa Cruz, our usual route. We cruised over to the boardwalk to see what they were doing to set up for the 150th  year anniversary of Santa Cruz. They are supposed to have bounce houses, a concert featuring James Durbin and fireworks… I'm so excited! We cruised home and my back porch and by pergola were stuffed with boxes, it's time to decorate for Halloween again… I love Halloween! Meaghan came in to put me to bed, do some personal care and of course a nice long hot bath. I watch TV until I fell asleep.

Saturday was a really awesome day! Cindy came in and got me up and then took me shopping to Staff of Life and safely, and trying to more or less eat gluten-free and I can never find cinnamon/raisin gluten-free bagels… They are always sold out. We found them at Safeway and got about four packages of them, maybe that's why they're sold out? We came back and I really wanted to take Robby out for a little cruise but the battery on my chair hasn't been lasting very long and I want to be able to make it over to the 150th anniversary celebration at the Boardwalk so I just rested, watch TV and organize my photos. I decided to leave Robby here because there's always so many intoxicated people at these events and I don't want Robby to get stepped on or mauled by drunk people. My intention was to go down to the boardwalk and see how everything is set up and try to find the best place to view everything but I made it to the beginning of the wharf and there was live music, I never made it any further than that. I listened for a while and then noticed Foster, from Shared Adventures, sitting right in front of me. He turned around and said hello, he is always such a sweet man. I thought he said he was going back to his van to get something because he was getting cold but he turned around and started listening to the music again, maybe he was afraid of losing this place… It was getting really crowded. I forgot that I have my hot hands, little packets that you shake and they keep you warm for about 6 to 8 hours. By the time I thought about asking him if he wanted some he was already turned around and back into the music. Omar told me the best place to be would be on the wharf, that way I could get some really good pictures but I didn't make it that far. I heard them announce that James Durbin was going to say next so I wanted to stay there until he was through and then go down to the wharf but there wasn't enough time. When I turned to head that way there were so many people standing around me and looking at the fireworks that had already started I couldn't even move, everybody was looking up in the air and didn't even see me trying to get out. While I was listening/watching the bands of course an intoxicated lady went and stood right in front of me and kept swaying back and forth so I couldn't see the end of the concert. I thought about moving forward and tapping her with my foot rests and asked her to get out of my way but there were benches in between us so I could, it's so frustrating. When I turned around to watch the fireworks three more people stepped in front of me, two of them got on the bench so I didn't get to see anything. Usually people around me will step up and say something if people walk in front of me but nobody did. After the fireworks I came home and Meaghan put me to bed.

Sunday was a really long day. I got a skin breakdown so I decided to stay in bed and organize my iPhoto albums, I do that every once in a while but I can't seem to make myself stop after I start so I don't get much sleep until I'm done. Cindy came in and got Robby and I something to eat and turn me on my side for the day. Meaghan came in and sat me up and got me something to eat, this is the last day before I start getting food again from the chef… His kitchen broke down for a week.

1 comment:

betty said...

You got some good pictures of the fireworks, Tammie. Seemed like it was a good week for you.