Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Getting ready for Halloween…

 Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and put me on my side and started decorating for Halloween, I have a skin breakdown so I have to stay in bed and can't see the process but I know it's going on so I'm still excited. I watched TV and edited some more of my iPhoto albums, I just can't stop myself. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, it felt great. I watched TV until I fell asleep.

Tuesday was a very exciting day. Cindy came in and got me up and Karen came over and started decorating, I didn't get to see very much because I had two appointments. Before my appointments I took Robby for a quick cruise down to the boardwalk. The first one was with Jennifer to get my facial and the second one was with Kay to get my hair done, it has been about five weeks and my hair was in pretty bad shape. After my appointment with Jennifer I came back and Omar was still outside decorating, Karen went home. I got to take some pictures before Kay showed up to do my hair. Karen does such a great job, everything looks so amazing! I just love this time of year! Kay finished my hair just as Rosa came in to put me to bed. It's really nice to get back to eating well, I kinda took advantage of not having food from chef Jamie and now I'm ready to get back into my routine. I watched TV and edit some more of my iPhoto album until I got sleepy.

Wednesday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and of course I had to take a look around to see all of the Halloween decorations, I swear they get better and better every year. Robby and I took off for a cruise through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive a little bit and then back and down to the end of the wharf and back. We cruised back here and sat outside for a while, I'm afraid to go any farther because I'm only getting about 6 miles on my chair these days and I don't want to get stuck in the middle of nowhere when I have nobody to come and rescue me. I love hanging out and looking at my yard anyway. Rosa came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot bath. Right after Rosa left I was listening to an audible book and I heard a big crash upstairs, I'm always afraid of my mom falling and nobody finding her until the morning. I turned everything off and I was about to call her when I heard her walking around so I didn't give it another thought. I listen to more of the audiobook until I fell sleep.

Thursday was an okay day. As Karen came in when mom came downstairs and asked me if I heard her fall the night before, she is a mess. She has a couple of lacerations on her elbow and a bunch of welts and bruises on her legs, hips, shoulders and back. Karen change the bandages on her elbow because they were bleeding through. Karen got me up and I went downtown to my appointment with Carol and then over to Bank of America to see if I can put some money on the principal of my mortgage to pay down a little faster, I would love to pay my house off and get some more property… Either here or in Oregon. Since I was already there I cruised down to cost plus world market and then over to Ross to see what kind of Halloween decorations they have, of course I wanted one of everything but I did buy anything because I keep telling myself I already have enough… Who am I kidding?? Robby and I cruised home and when Rosa came in and saw my mom she immediately called her daughter Cindy to come and take her to urgent care, I was wondering if she needed to go but she said she was okay. Cindy came by and took my mom to urgent care and they put some Steri-Strips to close her elbow wound and gave her a chest x-ray. Everything seemed to be okay so they sent her home. They made her some tomato soup and garlic bread and she seemed to be okay for the evening. Rosa put me to bed and when Cindy got back with my mom they went home. I slept really good, the night before I didn't sleep at all.

Friday was a nice relaxing day. I didn't have an evening caregiver because Meaghan was going to some kind of retreat tonight and tomorrow night so I thought I would just stay in bed and watch some movies, as it turned out it was 80° outside so I'm but I decided to stay in where it's cool. I watch TV all day and organize some more of my photos on iPhoto. After Karen fed Robby and I she did a little bit more decorating and then went home for the weekend. Adele and her cousin finished cleaning and they went home also. Omar came in for a little while and did some more decorating outside, I can't wait to see how it looks and especially at night. He put a black light on the front porch. My mom came down and fed Robby and I and she looked like she was feeling really sore but better. I started watching this movie called lady in a box and found myself having an anxiety attack, I'm so claustrophobic and I didn't realize how much it was affecting me. When my mom came down later I had her give me a couple of Advil PMs and a lorazepam and of course like a dummy finished watching the movie, I couldn't stop watching it? I fell asleep and slept really good.

Saturday was another day in bed. It was also another 80° day so I was glad to stay inside, watch TV and mess with my iPhoto albums. Cindy came in and fed Robby and I and changed by most bandages. She straightened out the cupboards in my room and took inventory of all the supplies in here and in the garage, she is really quick and thorough. She looked around to see if I had file folders and drop folders so I could move my files into the spare bedroom closet, I got a new file cabinet the other day and I want to make sure I have everything so we can get started. Omar came over again and did some more decorating, I can't wait to get up tomorrow and check it all out. I got some more of those Halloween fatheads and Karen put some on the walls around the house. I watched TV the rest of the day until my mom came down to feed Robby and I, the days go by so fast. I listen to a little bit more of the audiobook and then watch TV until I fell asleep.

Sunday was a great day, it felt so good to be out and about. Robby and I were both so wound up. Cindy came in and got me up and I took Robby for a nice little cruise, first stop was computer zone to pick up my mom's iPad but it was closed so we cruised down to the wharf, over to the boardwalk and then home because it was getting really warm. Meaghan came in early to put me to bed so she could go to Capitola and watch the fireworks, I bet they were beautiful. I just watched TV until I fell asleep.

1 comment:

betty said...

Too funny with the Santa Claus among the Halloween decorations! I hope your mom makes a quick recovery from her fall, Tammie. Sounded like a nasty one.

Love all your decorations! I know you like to go all out to decorate for it!