Saturday, October 22, 2016

I love Halloween…

Monday was a great day. It was so nice to finally get out of bed and get out of here.  Susan came in and gave me a long overdue massage, it's been a long time and I was so sore. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I cruised over to the computer zone to pick up my mom's iPad, she's been without it for a while and I'm sure she misses it. We came back here and hung out the rest of the day, my battery is not keeping a charge for very long and I'm afraid to get stranded so I have to keep the miles down. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot bath, it's always nice to get up but it's always nice to get back into bed.







Tuesday was another great day. Cindy came in and got me up and I went to the Arata's pumpkin patch in half Moon Bay with Vicente, he took me there last year and I fell in love with it. Before we went to the pumpkin patch he took me to the lighthouse over by East Cliff, I've always wanted to go over there but didn't know how to go about it so he showed me. Luckily the pumpkin patch wasn't very crowded.   The cruise down Highway one is just beautiful, he showed me where he fishes and hasn't been very lucky lately. We came back with a bunch of pumpkins and some cornstalks. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I just relaxed and watched TV the rest of the evening, I finally got caught up organizing my iPhoto album… It feels great.




































































Wednesday was another pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and I hung around here for a while until it was time to go to the life on wheels support group, Karen brought a bunch of treats and I got some water but there was only about five people there… I wonder if were going to have to start think about giving up again? Maybe it could pick up, you never know. We talked about trying to have people come in and talk about stuff everybody might be interested in, maybe next month will have a dietitian come in. I cruised back and noticed that my mom's car was not in the garage and the door was open, that's kind of strange for so late in the afternoon. I came in the house and her chair was at the bottom of the stairs, that's strange also. Rosa came in and as she was getting ready to put me to bed my aunt came in and said that she had taken my mom to the doctor because she didn't feel well and they admitted her into the hospital again with low heart rate and very low blood pressure. Stanley was on his way home from Oregon so he dropped Janet off and came down. He got in about midnight and said that mom had leveled out and was going to be okay. Rosa came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and a nice relaxing bath. I fell asleep right away.

Thursday was some good news. I canceled my appointment with Carol that I was going to go to the hospital was Stanley to spend the day but he came in and said that they were releasing her to come home so I took Robby for a loop forms through the lagoon and over to the wharf and back and waited for them to come home. Stanley brought my mom home and she looked pretty good, I was surprised they let her leave so early. They took her off all of her meds and she has to go back every day until they figure them out. Almost every day when I cruise through the parking lot of depot park I hear a guy practicing on his trumpet and it always reminds me of Charlie Brown's teacher. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I relax and watch TV for the rest of the evening.



















Friday was a nice relaxing day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath and for some reason I just couldn't keep my eyes open and I fell sleep until about 2 PM. Stanley took my mom to her doctors appointment and they decided to put in a pacemaker next Wednesday, they went out to lunch at Santa Cruz diner and brought me back some Pho, last time they went they were told you had to bring an empty container because they didn't have to go bowls for Pho so Stanley took an empty Tupperware container, I swear he thinks of everything. It was really good. Later on he brought me some decaffeinated coffee and a pumpkin muffin with cream cheese frosting, delicious!

Saturday was a nice relaxing day. I kept looking at the weather throughout the night wondering if I should try to get up or not and it said it was supposed to rain from about noon till 6 PM so I decided to just stay in bed and it did rain most of the morning but the sun came out for a little bit. Cindy came in and put me on my side and started organizing some of my files to put in the front bedroom closet, I bought a file cabinet. Stanley made a killer breakfast, filet mignon, a fried egg cooked inside of an onion ring and roasted red potatoes with onions… It was awesome! The rest of the day I just relaxed and watched TV, my remote was delay so depressed a button it took like a minute or two for it to do what I wanted… Very frustrating but I made it through the day. Meaghan came in and sat me back up and I had a salad for dinner. My mom and Stanley came back from their errands and brought me some lasagna, garlic bread and some tiramisu… My brother mentioned it yesterday and I told him I had never had it. He brought me down some decaffeinated coffee and the tiramisu and it was awesome! I watched TV until I fell sleep.





Sunday was another relaxing day. It rained pretty much all day again and I thought about getting up but I bought I didn't, if I'm going to stay home it's just more profitable staying in bed. Hopefully I will get the new batteries for my chair this week so I can go for more than 6 miles, 6 miles sounds like a lot but it's really not in the chair. I know Robby's getting a little stir crazy, Stanley took him for a walk yesterday so that helps. Cindy came in and work some more on the files and I think were done, she sent me pictures and it looks great. Stanley made another killer breakfast so I am stuffed. I got a call yesterday from Geico regarding the property damage and they finally accepted the claim and they are sending me a check out this week so I can finally let Omar fix everything.


1 comment:

betty said...

That looked like a nice pumpkin patch you went to, Tammie. Hard to believe Halloween is around the corner! I hope they can figure out your mom's meds so she doesn't have any more problems and starts feeling better.

betty