Sunday, October 23, 2016

Friends and family…

 Monday was a great day. Susan came in to give me a massage, I really needed it. I was so excited to get dressed and get out after staying in bed all weekend, thank goodness it rained so that made it a little bit easier. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I couldn't get out of here fast enough, I had to leave my Google glass because Karen was going to fix them, there's a little piece of foil in the prism and when it gets wet it breaks up and it's hard to see the screen so I found a repair kit and she was going to give it a try. I still can't go farther than 6 miles but we went as far as we could go. Through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive to the first turnabout and then down to the end of the Santa Cruz wharf, to the end of the boardwalk and back home… It felt great. When I got back home Karen was finished fixing my Google glass and it worked perfectly, I could read everything on the screen. I hope nothing else happens to my Google glass because they quit replacing it. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and of course my favorite nice long hot bath.

Tuesday was another great day, it's so nice to be getting up again and the weather is so beautiful. Cindy came in and got me up and Stanley, Robby and I cruised over to the Santa Cruz wharf. It was a nice relaxing cruise, knowing that mom is finally on her way back to health. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I think I was asleep before she left.

 Wednesday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and I decided to stay in bed and rest, I knew it was going to be a busy week and weekend so I just wanted to relax and watch movies… The day went by so fast I didn't do either. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot bath. That's all I remember…

Thursday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I headed off downtown for my appointment with Carol, my psychologist. It went by really fast because I missed last week so I have a lot to say. After my appointment Robby and I headed down to the Santa Cruz wharf to meet up with a friend I met on Facebook, actually Angie introduced us. Mark is in a wheelchair and he lives in San Jose. He goes around to parks and takes pictures and videos and has a blog about how accessible all the parts are, he is so busy and does a great job. He was there with his sister Kathy and they will both super sweet people, I felt really comfortable and it was a really nice visit. Robby and I cruised around for a little bit and then headed home. Stanley came back from Ubering all day and said that he took one of his clients to a place called The Crêpe Place and asked me if I had ever been there, I went there once and loved it but I forgot all about it. My mom, Stanley and I went over there for dinner. I had a crêpe called mama Mia and it was awesome, it was kind of like eggplant Parmesan in a crepe. Stanley had a seafood crepe and my mom had soup and salad. I wanted to get a dessert to bring home but nobody else did so I decided I didn't really need it anyway. Rosa came in and put me to bed.

Friday was a great day.  Stanley decided to Uber his way home since everything was under control here now. Karen came in and got me up and worked on the decorations for Halloween, she is so creative and does such a great job. My friend Lisa, we went to high school together, came to visit with her family. She moved to New York a couple of years ago and she was back visiting and I was so excited to find out that she wanted to spend some time here with me. I had met her daughter before and her son lived the next street over for a while, she also brought her new boyfriend Nick. The time went by way too fast but we did get to visit for a while and then went over to the wharf for lunch at Gilda's, she said that's where she always goes and I love that place. As I was cruising down the wharf I remember passing a pile of dog poop and thinking to myself how rude people are to just leave it there. A guy pulls up on his bicycle and says "do you have a bag, do you want me to pick that up for you" I said "my dog didn't do that and I brought my own cleanup crew just in case he did" he sat there for a while and then moved on, at first I wasn't insulted but after I started thinking about it for a while I was. Some nerve? Gilda's was also my grandpa's favorite place and he knew everybody in there. We all had a bowl of clam chowder, Lisa wanted it in a bread bowl but I think Gilda's is the only place on the wharf that doesn't have a bread bowl so we decided in a regular bowl and then everybody decided to get calamari and fries, fish and chips, clam strips and fries and fried oysters and fries… It was so much food and it was so good I had to finally make myself stop. Lisa's cousin Tammy met us on the wharf after lunch and we hung out for a while, the weather was perfect. We cruised back here and then everybody left. Meaghan came in and put me to bed.

Saturday was a nice relaxing day. Cindy came in and put me on my side, I decided to stay bad and relax because I have a sore opening up on my butt. My intention again was to watch movies all day but again that didn't happen but it was nice.  Omar came in and finally move the barbecue back where it belongs, we talked for a while and try to figure out the best way to keep the barbecue covered… There are two palm trees on the other side of the fence and they are constantly dropping tons of palm tree leaves all over my yard. I tried to get Omar to secretly go over there and kill them but they would probably fall in my yard so we decided to just cover everything. Gabe came by, I haven't seen him for months. He is so funny and such a cool and amazing guy, he always cheers me up. He said that his wife Virginia had passed away a couple of months ago, she had a brain tumor and was really going downhill fast. She would call 911 several times a day just because she was board and after so many calls you have to pay fines, they would learn to call him while she was on the phone and make sure everything was okay. It was a really nice visit and we decided to go have lunch and catch up. Meaghan came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice relaxing, long hot bath.

Sunday was a great day. My friend Andree and her three kids were going to come and visit but they forgot about an appointment they had in San Francisco so we rescheduled so they're going to come and celebrate Robby's 9th birthday with Robby and I on November 6th. Cindy came in and got me up and then took me over to staff of life and Safeway for some grocery shopping. We came back and Robby and I took off for a cruise through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive to the first turnabout, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home. It was so beautiful I didn't really want to come home but my battery was dying and it was almost time for Meaghan to come in and put me to bed. I rested for a bit and then Meaghan came into put me to bed, I spent the rest of the evening watching Dr. Phil.

1 comment:

betty said...

Glad to hear your mom might be on the bend, Tammie! Sounds like lots of fun with company coming to visit!