Sunday, May 31, 2015

The sun is starting to come out again…

 Monday it looked like it was going to rain so I decided to stay in bed and of course it's beautiful and the sun is out, that's okay because I'm kind of tired and towards the end of the day my chair gets so uncomfortable… One of these days is really going to be fixed. Lisa took pictures of some of the really beautiful plants/flowers in my yard, I haven't been watering anything and they still look really great… I think I have really great soil here. We planted some really cool colored roses and are starting to sprout…

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Robby and I didn't have to cruise around too much because I had two appointments at my house. The first one was with a lady from CCI, I wasn't really sure why she wanted to meet and talk to me… I wasn't sure if they were randomly coming around and checking on service dogs or if Robby was getting recertified.  In her email she said something about an invitation to donor appreciation day in Palo Alto but I don't really have anybody to drive me around and she said she was going to be in this area so she agreed to meet me here. She told me about a lot of changes at CCI and everything was so exciting. She was very nice but then everybody that I have met who is affiliated with CCI are great people. I got to cruise around for an hour and a half with Robby until my next appointment at 2 PM. I saw a commercial on TV of a place where they come out and put a coating on your window to keep your house cooler, your furniture from fading and some people can't see in your house very well so I decided to have the guy come out and tell me about it. It sounded pretty good so while my mom and I and the windows on the front of our house tinted. After he left there wasn't really enough time to go anymore so Robby and I just stay here and relaxed until Rosa came in. She put me to bed, we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath.

Wednesday was okay. I got up and waited for Kristen from Columbia University spinal cord injury department to call me to finish our over the phone interview, I end up doing it every year.  After the interview Robby and I cruised through the lagoon, up to the circle church and over to Safeway to pick up my prescription… When I got there it ended up being about six prescriptions. From there we cruised down Westcliff Drive, to the end of the wharf and back into the boardwalk. Every year they build a deck and put in picnic benches on the sand and I never really checked it out but I decided to go check it out and see how accessible it was, totally accessible. It was nice to be that close to the sand so we hung out for a while and then headed home. Rosa came in and put me to bed and the rest of the evening and just relaxed and watched TV, and fell asleep before Rosa left.

Thursday was a great day. The weather is starting to get really nice and although my chair isn't as comfortable as it should be I was glad to be up and out of my bed. I went to my appointment with Carol, my psychologist, and I decided to cruise down to world market to see what they have… They always have such cool stuff there. After that I cruised over to Ross, of course they always have cool stuff there also. I didn't buy anything but I looked around and I think I will have Lisa bring me back there Saturday because I did see a couple of things that I would like to look closer. I cruised down the levy to the boardwalk, for the second time today I ran into somebody who put a service vest on their dog so they can take them wherever they wanted to. The first one was downtown and I saw the lady coming towards me and when she saw Robby she quickly ducked into one of the businesses downtown. They had a bowl of water out front so I stopped to give Robby some water and dog came charging at Robby parking and snarling, I didn't think about it until I got down to the end of the street but I should have taken a picture… I'm going to start taking pictures of all the fraudulent service dog owners and post it on Facebook. I ran into another one on the boardwalk so I turned around and follow them and took pictures. We cruise up and down the wharf and then back home just in time to rest for a bit before Rosa came in. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath.

Friday was a really great day. I can't remember the last time I didn't have an appointment and I could just leave here in the morning, cruise around all day and come back… It felt great. We went on our regular cruise in the weather was just so nice I didn't want to come home but I had to. This is our second day of training Elana to take over for the weekend evening shift, she is just as cool as the rest of her family and I know she's going to work out grate.

 Saturday was a nice relaxing day. I decided to stay in bed and just rest and I am glad that I did because it was nice. I had a couple of red marks on my butt and I didn't want it to turn into anything more so I laid on my side all day. Lisa did my fingernails, I swear she gets better and better every time. Omar came in and cleaned it out your conditioning units, I love how he just thinks of everything. Kelly came in and show be some pictures of my uncle, he and my cousin got attacked on Bear Creek Road. What is wrong with people?? The guy was pestering my uncle to pull over where there was no place to pull over and then when he finally did the guy came out and started yelling at him. My cousin was right behind them so he got out to tell the guy to quit yelling at his father and a guy pulled out a knife… I still can't belive this. My uncle ended up with a bunch of bruises and scrapes on his arms and head and the guy knocked my cousin out and broke his jaw. Both my uncle and my cousin are pretty big and I can't believe anyone would try to mess with them. They didn't get pictures of the guys license plate and there was a bunch of witnesses so I hope this guy ends up in jail.  Last Wednesday Karen took a couple of really adorable pictures of Robby and Penny, I want to print them out and hang them up because they are so cute. Lisa texted us to see if we knew anybody that wanted a German Shepherd puppy, a friend of hers was trying to get rid of some. Do I dare?? They are so adorable I think I just might have to…

Sunday was a really great day. Lisa came in and I got up and cruised over to Ross to get some new sports bras and while I was there I also got some tank tops, you know that hippie kind?? I have a feeling it's going to be pretty warm in Oregon when we go in July so I want to make sure I have all my bases covered. I got everything I wanted to gather and then Lisa came over to Ross to help me pay for it and to bring it home so I could go on my cruise with Robby. I cruised down the levy through the boardwalk, down to the end of the wharf and back and by that time it was unfortunately time to come home and rest before Elena and Teresa came in. This is really only Elena's second day here and she is doing right, she is going to be perfect. The weather was also great, it was just a perfect day… Only if it could have been longer.


betty said...

You are right, Tammie, Oregon can be quite warm in July. When we lived in Medford, Oregon, the warmest it got in July was 116 degrees!

So sorry to hear about your uncle and cousin getting beat up! Hope they make a quick recovery from their injuries!

I liked the pictures of Robbie like he was smelling the flowers; too cute!

I do not like when someone represents their dog as a service animal and it hasn't been trained to be one. There's lots of debate here where I now live with people bringing their animals into stores and saying they are service animals. I'm all for service animals being allowed in, but not just "any" dog. We never took Koda anywhere like that except for Pet Smart or Petco where he was allowed to be in there.


susie said...

I liked Robbie rolling around and the pic of the German Shepard pups.
Speaking of nails, mine are the same color as your blog background...the bluer part.