Monday, May 18, 2015

It looks like it's going to be perfect weather this week…

 Monday was pretty much the same old boring thing. Karen came in and we did some personal care. Kay came by to do Karen's hair, she's going on a cruise next week, it looks really good. Yvonne called from Numotion and said that the parts came in for my chair and they would have done and delivered by Thursday, this is really great news but also kind of bad news. I'm so thrilled that I'm getting my chair back but Wednesday is our second support group meeting and I'm really going to be sad if I have to miss it. Andrei emailed me to see how it was going and he was very upset to hear that my chair wasn't ready and I never did give me a loaner. He said that somebody had just called him and wanted to donate a power chair and said that I could use it until I get my other one back. Andrei always has a way of getting stuff done, I think because everybody likes and respects so much… I know I do. Rosa came in and I got to take a nice long hot bath and for some reason by the time she left I couldn't keep my eyes open so I was out.

Tuesday was a really exciting day, I think my last day spent in bed. Andrei messaged me and said that he heard from Jack and Jack said he would have my chair back here by this afternoon! He said he was going to go ahead and pick up the spare chair so if I don't get my chair back and can borrow that one. Omar came in and fix the button on my bathtub spa so we don't have to go outside to turn on the bubbles each time we use it, it looks great but then everything that he does looks awesome… He really takes pride and makes everything look.  Jack just messaged me and said that my chair is ready and loaded on his truck and he will bring it right today at 5 PM, he sent me a picture. Jack's last client of the day was a no-show so he dropped off my chair early, I can't wait to charge it and get in it tomorrow. We found a spare chair and Omar went to pick it up, it looks really nice. One of these days I'm going to have to get in it and see what I need to do to make it good for me… I'm so glad to have a backup chair. Omar finished my burrel table and him and Lisa brought into the living room, it looks so cool in there now, he sent me a picture but I can't wait to see it in person tomorrow. Rosa came in and flipped me on my back and again I couldn't keep my eyes open so I drifted off.

 Wednesday was an awesome day, the day I have been waiting for for three weeks. Karen came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, I didn't want to get up too early because I'm going to have to ease myself back into the chair. I was wondering if going all the way down to the rehab hospital would be a good idea since I haven't been in my chair for about a month but it was fine, I was so excited to get out! The support was amazing, there was about 11 people there and we have so much fun chatting that I think we went over about half an hour. I hope that's a good indication of how it's going to be. I cruised home with robby and rested for a bit, I don't want to overdo it for Robby or I on the first day. Rose came in and put me to bed and I chatted with a couple of friends online and then I was out, I was really tired.

Thursday was a pretty good day, another day out is bed. So far I haven't had a lot of time to cruise around because I have had a lot of appointments. I got up today and my psychologist called and said the elevator was broken so she wanted me to meet her downtown at a coffee shop, I passed by the coffee shop a lot but I never stopped in… It is a pretty cool place and it's big. After my psychology appointment I cruised down to the wharf but then have to cruise back home because Kay was coming in to do my hair, it really needs it. After Kay left there wasn't really much time to do anything before Rosa came in so I just hung around. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I was out.

Friday was a pretty good day,  I started my day off with a massage so that's always great. I'm not really comfortable in my chair and it's going to take a while to get used to it again but as uncomfortable as I am I'm so glad to be up in my chair. Karen's vacation starts today and she will be gone for about a week, a little longer. Luckily Lisa agreed to come in for Karen. It's been kind of crazy around here because Lisa said the hours on her other job are changing so she's not going to be able to do weekend mornings, she wanted to trade days with Karen but Karen likes her schedule and has other clients so she can't do it. Teresa is finishing up school so she's going to be looking for a job so that means I need to find somebody on Friday evenings, Saturday mornings and evenings and Sunday mornings and evenings. I put it out at UCSC, Cabrillo College, and so I hope something comes of that… Those are really hard shifts to fill. Robby and I cruised around for a while and it felt great, we went through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive a little, to the wharf and then down to Dr. Owens for my doctors appointment. Everything went great and she is really happy with my health, that's always good to hear. My phone was dying and I was really sore so I have Teresa come and pick me up. She drove Robby and I home, put me too bed and gave me some KFC… I can't have it very often but it sure was a great treat. We had some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath.  My niece Corrine sent me a message and asked if her and some of her friends could come down for the day, the more the merrier I say.

Saturday was a great day! A day I have been looking forward to for a long time. My childhood friends that I grew up with were coming to visit… Marica, Sheri and Melodie. Marica, Sheri and I got together last year that Melodie couldn't make it. It was so great to have everybody together again and it was so much fun to reminisce. We hung out for a while to catch up and then we cruised over to the wharf and then to the boardwalk, there's so many changes going on down there but something's always stay the same. We came back and hung out some more and then unfortunately I had to go to bed, it was 9:00 PM and I still had to help my caregiver put me to bed. It was really a great day but went by way too fast.

 Sunday was another Perfect day! Unfortunately Melodie and her husband had to leave and get home but it sure was great to see her and to meet him. I'm pretty sure the year will go by fast and we will get together again. I got up and Marica, Sheri and I decided to go downtown to Pete's coffee to surprise another girl we went to school with names Jill, apparently she hasn't there for over a year so we cruised around for a little bit and we were going to go have breakfast at Zachary's but the line was so long we just decided to go to the bagelry and have a bagel, good choice.  They have a beautiful patio and it was not a lot of people there so it was nice to relax and chat for a little bit. We could hear a gentleman on the other side of the bushes repeating whatever he said and you can't help but laugh? I don't know if he was trying to be funny but he was. We cruised back here because I was time for everybody to hit the road, it's always so sad to say goodbye but it's great knowing that they will be back and that they felt comfortable and at home here. After saying goodbye and took Robby for cruise through the Lagoon, down Westcliff Drive and to the wharf and back. It's still a little chilly out and I wanted to come back home and warm up a little bit. Teresa came in and put me to bed and I just relaxed and watched TV until I fell asleep… It was really a great weekend.

1 comment:

betty said...

Glad you were finally able to get out and about again, Tammie! I bet it did feel good to be able to cruise around again! Glad to hear also the support group seems to be a good thing with lots of people participating!