Sunday, December 1, 2013

The week I have been waiting for, let's est…

Monday was a good day, Starting off with a massage always makes it better. While I was getting dressed Stanley came down with an awesome breakfast, bacon and cheese omelette and a biscuit. Before I even got up him and Robert headed for home, it was a short but nice visit. Angie texted me to meet her down at natural Bridges State Park to see the Monarch butterflies, supposedly are a lot there now. Because of my massage I didn't get up and out of here until two and I had to be back at four so I didn't leave enough time. I Cruz Robby down to the wharf and then down to the boardwalk and then back down to the wharf and then home. I rested for a bit and then Tom and Kelly came over to visit. They helped me rearrange my furniture on the patio, I get excited every time I see it. Rosa came and put me to bed, got me something to eat, cleaned up a little and did a couple loads of laundry.

Tuesday was a good day. I got up and took Robby for a cruise, the weather was beautiful and everyone I ran into seem to be so happy. We came back and rest for a while and I had my appointment with my chiropractor, Monday massage and Tuesday chiropractor… I always feel great by the end of the week. On the way back we stopped by whole foods and Teresa went in and got my Brie and garlic and my Brie and fig croute, I can't wait to dig into that. Teresa also got me corn pudding, that looks pretty awesome too. We came home and true so perfect then and I just relaxed and watched TV. I found about 2000 pictures on shutter fly that I downloaded and forgot about so I went through them and pick out the pictures of me before my injury.

Wednesday was just another great day, it's just unbelievably beautiful here. I took Robby for a cruise through the Lagoon, down Westcliff past the museum White House and then down to the wharf to meet Peter, Angie Parker, Pipper and Phoebe… They didn't catch anything but they look like they were having a good time. I cruised back home and went across the street to see what they were up to. Kelly was fixing some stuffing, cranberry sauce and getting the sweet potatoes ready when my aunt was in her house getting the turkey ready… All pretty exciting and smell really good. I came home and Rosa was waiting for me, she was earning. She back in my room which was nice and then she put me to bed and got me something to eat. My uncle and aunt came over and my mom came downstairs and we played cribbage.

Thursday was Thanksgiving and what a great day, perfect weather. I got up and took Robby for a cruise through the Lagoon, to the end of the wharf and back to the end of the boardwalk and back. I rested for a while and then went across the street to see what was going on, it smells so good and everybody was rushing around getting everything ready to eat. There was turkey, ham, Home make focaccia bread, cauliflower, spinach, corn, two kinds of stuffing, mashed potatoe, homemade and canned cranberry sauces and gravy and of course pumpkin pie and Apple Galette. Everything was so amazing I wanted to eat more but I didn't dare… Thank God for leftovers. I can't wait to have turkey and cranberry on the focaccia bread for lunch tomorrow. Teresa came to put me to bed so she could go home and have her Thanksgiving with her family and friends. What a perfect day. We even got to face time with my cousin Kevin.

Friday was another great day, the weather was perfect. I got up and took Robby for a cruise down Wescliff to the second dog beach and back, I was wondering why it was so crowded and then I remembered that it is still a holiday, I think everybody came to Santa Cruz. Kelly invited us over for a repeat of Thanksgiving dinner, I think it's almost better the second day. I visited with him for a while and then decided to take Robby for another cruise down to the wharf and back. As I was cruising back I noticed my chair was going slow so I looked down and I only had one bar left, my chair was almost dead. I was trying to decide if I should just stop and call Teresa and have her come get me or try to make it as far as I can, I was really nervous crossing the street. I made it back and parked my chair and waited for Teresa to get to work. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, it sure felt great.

Saturday was another awesome day, the weather was perfect once again. I got up and took Robby for a walk, when I was leaving Teresa, Karen and Omar were getting ready to put up the Christmas decorations. Robby and I took our regular long cruise, it was just so beautiful I didn't want to come home. I don't even know how to express how beautiful Santa Cruz is and how much I love cruising around. Kelly texted me to let me know that they were putting out the Thanksgiving leftovers again if I was interested, everything was so good but my stomach wasn't feeling very good so I passed. I came home and everything looked so beautiful, Omar was working in the front yard and Teresa and Karen were working inside. I can't believe how fast the seasons are going by so fast and I just love the Christmas decorations. I can't wait to see the finished product. Rosa came to put me to bed and I just rested and watch TV for a while. I saw commercial that jobs was on pay-per-view but I couldn't find it, those big liars.

Sunday was a pretty good day, I ended up staying in bed. I hate to stay in bed when the weather is like this because I don't want to miss out on these gorgeous days. But I got to sleep in and I pretty much slept on and off all day. Kelly and Tom came by and visited for a while to see if I wanted something to eat, I just wasn't hungry for anything. My mom also came down and asked me a couple of times but nothing really sounded good. Teresa called me and said she was on her way over and she was stopping at Burger King to get a whopper and asked me if I wanted one, boy did I want one. That sounded awesome, I can't even remember the last time I had a whopper and fries and she also brought onion rings and 7-Up, I was in heaven. Teresa put up the tree and some more decorations, it really looks awesome out there. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to have a nice long hot bath, I guess it really did turn out to be a pretty good day.

1 comment:

betty said...

Your Christmas tree looks so pretty, Tammie! And what a feast you had on Thanksgiving! I always like to cook a lot and then have the leftovers for the next two days. It must have been interesting to find those pictures from before your injury; a flash from the past so to speak! All great pictures of your views in Santa Cruz!