Sunday, November 24, 2013

Next week Thanksgiving is finally here…

Monday was a pretty good day. I got to sleep in and I got my two hour massage, what a great way to start the day. I got up and took Robby for a really long Cruise, our regular route. It got to be 58° and while we were cruising down Westcliff Drive a guy passed me nothing but a thong and not the kind you wear on your feet. Again here I am without my Google glass. It would have been interesting to get his picture but the more interesting thing was get the expression of the people that he passed by, my favorite pictures. We practiced a couple of commands on the deserted boardwalk and then came home. I got home just in time to rest for a couple minutes before Rosa came to put me to bed. Tom message me and said that Kelly's car had a flat tire in Martinez California. My brother is about an hour and a half from there but luckily Kelly has a friend about 5 miles from there. She decided to call a tow truck, get it fixed and drive home. It always makes me nervous when I find out somebody I care about is stuck or in a bad position. My brother from Georgia and his wife went to Illinois where they had tornadoes. I left him a message a couple of days ago to see if he was okay and he answered me tonight, there not too close to where the tornadoes are and they plan on coming home on Wednesday. I'm glad everybody is okay, now I can relax and try to get some sleep.

Tuesday was a pretty good day also. I got up and took Robby for a long cruise through the Lagoon and down with Cliff Drive and back. I had two appointments so Teresa came by to take me to them. The first one was at the sleep disorder clinic, hopefully they can figure out why I don't sleep. Here it is 2:50 AM and I'm wide-awake. The second appointment was at the chiropractor, I missed her last week and sure was good to see her. She also works on dogs so I think I'm going to have her give Robby a couple of sessions and see if I notice anything, I figure it can't Hurt? We're both really hungry so we stopped at Subway and got sandwiches, I got a roast beef and it was really good. We came home and Teresa put me to bed and we did some personal care and I got my nice long hot bath. I am really relaxed but I just can't sleep.

Wednesday was a good day, not as cold as it has been because it was raining. I got up and Kelly took Karen and I over to Costco to get some stuff, I love that place. Of course we had to stop and get a hotdog, they have the best hotdogs ever. We came back and I ran Robby through the Lagoon and down to the end of the wharf and back, it was a little cold and I was sore I think I'm going to the chiropractor yesterday. We came back and rested for a while and then Rosa came and put me to bed. Lee and Claudia, my uncle and aunt and my mom and I cribbage, my uncle was my partner and I lost a dollar.

Thursday was another day spent in bed, I've been staying in bed a lot seems like. Of course it looks like it's beautiful outside, it was supposed to be cold. Teresa is going to take me over to Watsonville Hospital to get a bone density test, I guess were going to do it next week. I was really bloated again this morning so care some personal care and after a while I did feel a lot better. I think I have cut back on just about everything trying to figure out what keeps making me bloated, I'm starting to think it's just hormonal or something. Maybe it's just something I'm going to have to live with? I guess there are a lot of worse things to have to live with? I saw the movie we are the Miller's at the theater but I saw it on pay-per-view and just had to watch it again, it's a really good movie I think.

Friday turned out to be a really good day, it wasn't as cold as I thought it was going to be. I got up and had a couple of pork tacos and some zucchini and mushroom medley, Heather makes the best pulled pork. I ran Robby down to Petsmart, I signed him up to get a bath and his toenails done every two weeks. I came back home and talk to Tom, Kelly and seth for a while and then we decided to go to Zachary's for breakfast, I love that place. Kelly and I split an order of corn beef hash and eggs and an order of lemon coffeecake. We cruise down to the movie theater to see if they were going to be playing any Christmas movies but it was too early to check, I headed on to Petsmart to pick up Robby and cruised him home along the reservoir. He had to P really bad and he seemed like he was so happy to get out of there he was just prancing the whole way home. I got an email from the vet but it was time for one of his shots so I made an appointment. Tom and Kelly took him and Bailey for a cruise and then we went down to get his shot. When we came back we decided to break out the salami, prosciutto, cheese, grilled artichoke hearts, pickles and olives and some kind of fruit I can't remember what it's called but it's half pineapple and half kiwi, The perfect snack. My uncle, my aunt and Seth came by and we visited for a while. Teresa came and put me to bed and then Seth came over to watch a movie with me.

Saturday was a really great day. As I was getting up Angie text me and said they were coming to Santa Cruz for the day and what I need them at the boardwalk, I haven't seen them for a very long. I went out through the front door, I usually go through my bedroom door, and I could see my living room all decorated for Thanksgiving. Teresa does such an amazing job with the decorations and it always makes me happy. I took Robbie for a cruise through the Lagoon and down to the surf museum lighthouse I was going to cruise down the wharf but it was only like 12:50 so I decided just to head over to the boardwalk. Just as I entered the boardwalk they were right in front of me, they had just gotten there also. We cruised around and watch the kids go on some rides and got caught up, there was a lot of catching up to do. The time went by way too fast and it was 3:30, time for the kids to take a nap and for me to go home so we all left. I got home and the rest of my patio furniture was put together on the porch, it looks really cool. I rested for a bit and then Rosa came to put me to bed, do some personal care and give me a nice long hot bath. I slept so great. It really was a nice day.

Sunday I decided to stay in bed, it was a hard call because it looked like it was going to be just like it was yesterday outside. I hate to waste the beautiful days inside but I was exhausted and it's nice to have a day to lay around and watch movies. I woke up about 11 AM, it sure is nice to sleep in. My aunt came over to see if I wanted anything to eat and some coffee, coffee sounded really good. A little while later my uncle came over with some nice hot beef stroganoff, I just couldn't say no. It was a little hot so I waited a while and my mom came down and help me with it, I swear they are such great cooks. I watch the movie Turbo on pay-per-view. I heard the door open and all of a sudden Stanley and Robert appeared in my room, it was a nice surprise. Tom, Kelly, my uncle and my aunt came over and everybody pitched in and we had an awesome dinner of barbecue pork, roasted brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes and a walnut and apple pie.


betty said...

Tammie, I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving!


chippertue said...

I hope you have an awesome Thanksgiving also betty.