Sunday, November 3, 2013

Ready for Halloween…

Monday was a pretty good day. I got to sleep in for a little bit and I got a nice long massage, that always feel so great. Teresa came by and made me some chorizo, egg and cheese tacos for breakfast, I love chorizo. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. That was pretty much my day but not bad. I did get an email from the Google glass explorer program and they said that I could nominate three people who I think could greatly benefit from Google glass. The funny thing is in the last couple of days I have heard from three quadriplegics will have CCI dogs that asked me to please let them know how they can get the glass, How does that fit perfect timing? I emailed a couple of people to see if they would be interested, I think it's a really great opportunity for one of them. I also emailed a guy that I have met a couple of times and I think he would be the perfect candidate. He runs an organization called Shared adventures and does a lot and does a lot of places. I'm excited to see who wants to take the challenge.

Tuesday turned out pretty a pretty good day. I got up to Robby for a cruise through the Lagoon into the wharf and back. I wanted to be back here by 1 PM because the guy was when the guy was coming to do maintenance on the generator, after looking at my calendar again that is tomorrow. Teresa took me over to see Sandy, the chiropractor, again. I am feeling better and better and looser and looser, it feels so great not to have pain in the back of my neck and shooting down my arms. After that we went to the pumpkin patch to get some pumpkins, we got some really cool ones. We went to Beverlys to get some tule bedding for Teresa and jess's beekeeping costumes but of course we came home with way more than that. Finally we ended up at the Roadhouse Restaurant in Davenport, I love this place. I had a really hard time choosing what I wanted because everything sounded so amazing but I finally settled on a steak, brussels sprouts, potatoes, calamari and this really awesome warm bread. I ate half of it and brought the other half home for breakfast tomorrow, I can't wait. By the time we got back here Teresa and I were exhausted so she put me to bed and then went home. I picked two people already to become a new explorer for Google glass and I'm waiting to find one more, I'm so excited about nominating these people.

Wednesday was a pretty good day. I had to wait to get up because Jack was coming over to take the back rest of my chair and oil it. I got until probably four cruise through the lagoon and down on Westcliff Drive past the lighthouse when Karen message me and said that the guy was there to fix the generator, I had forgotten all about him. Usually the generator primes itself every Thursday morning and I remember how annoying that was but then I remembered that I had not heard it for a while so I decided I better call to have somebody do maintenance, I have Artie lived here almost 6 years so I guess it's about time. The guy told me that it was a good thing I called him because the battery was dead and it was almost out of oil and shut itself off, if we needed it it would not have worked. He fixed it and then put me on a maintenance program so that they will come out every six months and check everything and come out every year put oil and do what ever it needs. I'm so glad I didn't wait until I needed it and then call, that's how I usually do it. While the guy was here Teresa came by to die Robby orange and make sure everything is working for Halloween, I can't believe it's Halloween already. I am going to be Gumby and Robby is going to be pokey. I don't think Robby was very thrilled but he looks adorable, we use sugar-free and caffeine free Kool-Aid, we found the way to do it online. Resa came and put me to bed, feed me, do some personal care and gave me a nice long hot bath.
Thursday was Halloween and it was an awesome day. I got up and took Robby for a cruise through the Lagoon, down Westcliff past the lighthouse museum and back. Unfortunately after we rinsed Robby off he faded quite a bit so we were trying to think of something else that we could use to harmlessly die him orange, We called Beverly's fabric and they had cake die so we decided to try that. It worked a little bit better or maybe because we didn't print it off but he looked good. We replace the batteries in everything and filled up the fog machines so everything was working great and we took off for downtown. we cruised around and then had dinner and then cruised around a little bit more, I was a little disappointed that I couldn't see very well to take pictures with my Google glass. Next year I'm going to find a costume that won't cover my face and I will be able to take better pictures. we cruised home and I can't believe it but all of the candy was gone, I hardly ever get rid of any candy so I can buy as much this year as I usually do. Luckily I had a ton of Lifesavers underneath the cabinet, for a while everybody was craving Lifesavers so I bought a ton and now nobody eats them anymore, why do I keep doing that? Thank goodness the little kids love them and took them all. I was really glad to get that costume off and go to bed. And I'm really sure that Robby was glad to get a bath and get all of that Kool-Aid off of his body.

Friday was a really great day that I have been waiting for for a long time. The first time I got to tour Google was with my brother David to pick up my Google glass, I was so nervous I don't remember a lot of it. My last interview with USA today Anna, PR for Google, came along so we could meet… We talked a lot through email and she introduced me to the people that I have interviewed with. I got to meet her husband, they both work there and are very cool people. Tom, Kelly and Seth went along with me and I think they had just as good a time as I did. It is such a cool place to work and everybody is so happy and friendly, Google makes every effort to make everybody. you can't go hundred feet without a café or snack bar. After the tour we had lunch at one of the cafés, there was every kind of ethnic food that you could imagine and it was so hard to choose. Tom, Kelly and I chose Indian food and it was just amazing. Seth went for a burrito and pizza and he also liked it very much. After the Google tour Tom and Kelly took us on a tour through Palo Alto and we got to see where they used to live, such a cute little place. We came home and rested for a bit and then Teresa came and put me to bed and made some chicken tenders and mustard potatoes, we did some personal care and I got a nice long hot bath. What an awesome day!

Saturday was a pretty good day, the weather was great. Today was jinx his day to do everything by herself she did great. I took off for a nice long cruise with Robby and as we got to the park at the top of Neary Lagoon my headrest fell down so I hadb to come back and have Teresa fix it. I cruised up along Westcliff and then back down to the wharf and I got a text from Kelly asking if I wanted to go to Cosco, I will never turn down a trip to Cosco. Saturday it wasn't too bad we didn't get any food to eat there, usually I like to get a chicken bake for a hotdog. Because it was a little late in the afternoon I texted Rosa to see if she can come in at 6 PM. We got back at 4:30 and I texted Resa to say that we got back early so she could come in early if she wanted. I didn't hear anything from her so about a 6:45 I texted her and asked her if she was coming, sometimes she misunderstands my text and I never know what's going to happen. I was about to have my mom come down and help me and Rosa called, they got lost and so she ended up showing up about 7:30 PM. She said that they got lost but they were now on their way. Rosa put me to bed and I try to relax the rest of the evening, my arms and neck really sore.

Sunday was a nice relaxing day, I decided to stay in bed. Teresa came over to put away the rest of the decorations and heated up my dinner that I had at the roadhouse restaurant the other night plus an egg, it was awesome. I pretty much just watch TiVo and slept on and off. I found a small smoker on Groupon so I got it and Teresa smoked a pork chop for me today, it was really awesome ...the Porkchop weighed a pound. She also made me some mashed potatoes, I have been craving those for a long time and they were also absolutely awesome. Rosa came and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, I'm so glad tomorrow I get to sleep in and have a massage.

1 comment:

betty said...

Looked like you had a great week, Tammie, and a fun Halloween! Robby looked cute orange and I love your Gumby costume!

It is neat you get to nominate people who could benefit from Google Glass. I'm sure whoever gets picked will find just as much enjoyment with it as you do!