Monday, December 23, 2013

The weather is getting warmer again…

Monday was such a great day, the weather was just gorgeous. I got my morning massage and I was up and out of here by 1 PM. Robby and I took a cruise through the lagoon and down Westcliff Drive. The weather was really warm so I thought if I cruise down a little further it would get cooler, it's usually cooler by the ocean. I found myself at the end at natural Bridges Beach and went down to natural Bridges Park to go check out the monarch butterflies. They had assigned there that said they prefer no dogs at all because even service dogs frighten the nature so he decided to turn around and come back. As I was coming back I noticed that my chair was extremely low on batteries, used to be able to cruise all the way down there and back with no problem but today I was holding my breath. I thought about stopping and asking somebody to come and pick me up but then I chose to see how far I could get, I made it all the way home. Tom and Kelly came over to visit for a while and then rose and came to put me to bed. We did some personal care and I got a nice long hot bath and put some muscle relaxing gel on the back of my shoulder, Rosa gave me a massage in my chair and said I still have a bunch of knots around my muscles. This is getting ridiculous.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. I had two appointments in the first one was at 10:15 AM so I didn't have time to run Robby, I always feel bad when I can give him a little run. The first one was to pick up my sleep disorder kit so hopefully we can find out why I don't sleep, it didn't look very comfortable so now I just have to pick a day to do it. After that we had some time to kill before my next appointment so we went to the mall, it wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be. We went to Ross and got some sheets to make draw sheets out of, mine are all ripping and pretty old. We went to Carl's Jr. and got some lunch, probably not the best choice but it was so good. My second appointment was a chiropractor, we can't really do anything after the chiropractor because we have to take my brace off and I am crooked in the chair. Teresa put me to bed and I just relaxed and watched TV for the rest of the evening.

Wednesday was just really cold. I got up and went with Kelly and Karen to Costco, I thought it was going to be really crowded but it was really nice. I made the mistake of eating before I went there so I didn't buy as much and I wasn't hungry enough to get a hot dog. I came back and rested for a bit and Kelly and I decided to go down to the farmers market, we got about a block and it was so cold and misty we decided to forget it and come home. And now with Tom and Kelly for a while and then Rosa came to put me to bed. The usual gang came over and we played cribbage, Lee was my partner and we didn't do very good.

Thursday was a rotten day, I ended up staying in bed. I have been craving fast food and food that is not very good for me and it all caught up to me. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath so I feel better now, it was cold and really windy outside anyway. They took a little nap and my uncle showed up with some pizza from Costco, I never had Costco pizza before and I thought it was pretty good. I know I shouldn't of had any and I hope I'm not going to be sorry tomorrow. My aunt and uncle came over and my mom came down and we played cribbage, my mom was my partner at first but then my aunt was too tired and went home so he played with just three people, I won four dollars. As we were putting everything away Tom and Kelly showed up with Tom's mom Dolores, I met her on the trip we took from here to Florida. It was so nice to see her and she is just so cute.

Friday was a pretty good day, nice and warm if you stayed in the sun. I got up and took Robby over to pet smart to get his biweekly bath. While I was in there I saw this one girl brushing out a beautiful black cocker spaniel, she was being really rough and the dog was of course pulling away and very uncomfortable. She was not very gentle and I heard her say "stop that, your owners don't brush you out" I wanted to look at  at and say "really??" Needless to say I won't be taking Robby back. I have only taken Robby there are a couple of times but I just don't get a good vibe. I found a mobile groomer on yelp that got good reviews and does the whole doggie spa thing with massage and all plus they come here someone to give that a try. I came back and Teresa waxed my face and then put me to bed. My uncle came over and brought Teresa and I plate with pork chops, mashed potatoes and sauerkraut, it was so good. My uncle and aunt, Jim and Jan and my mom and I played cribbage… My uncle with my partner until he got tired and then it was Kelly and I lost three dollars. Jim and Jan came to spend the night and help for the Christmas party tomorrow.

Saturday was such a nice day. I wanted to get up in time to take Robby for a short cruise but the time just seemed to get away from us and before renewing people were arriving for our Christmas party. We got up and had our gift exchange, that is always so much fun. I ended up with the beautiful tile painted by a local artist of an ocean scene. We had ham, scalloped potatoes, corn bread with honey butter, a couple different kinds of salads and for dessert Ursula made an eggnog cake soaked in rum and Lee made lemon bars, everything was so good I ate way too much even though I promised myself I wouldn't. With my cribbage for a couple of hours and I think I won about four dollars, Jim was my partner. It was so much fun I'm going to make sure we do it at least every year and hopefully a couple of times during the year. Rosen agreed to come in late, for me in the clock is late, and put me to bed and I slept really good.

Sunday I decided to just stay in bed and relax. Saturday was a long day and I was just exhausted and didn't sleep well. Rosa came over in the evening and we did some personal care, I took a nice long hot bath and went back to bed.

1 comment:

betty said...

Merry Christmas Tammie! I hope you have a great day!

Your Christmas party looked like fun and it sounds like you got a great gift in the exchange!

That is sad about the groomer at Pet Smart. It takes a special person to be a groomer and I don't think she's in that category. We get Koda groomed at the vet we use and she seems like she's gentle with him.