Sunday, December 15, 2013

The cold weather is definitely here…

Monday was really good day. It's Monday so you know that means massage day, I really needed it after all this cold weather. Not only because it's cold but because I think I'm starting to get hot flashes and I'm just overheated or time, My body is hot so I turn the air conditioner on and open the windows and then my arms get sore from the cold… It's a losing battle. I got up and took Robby for a cruise down Westcliff Drive. It wasn't as cold as I thought it was going to be, it has been like in the lower 50s today was 60. After I got back my mom and Kelly came down and we were talking about having a Christmas party, I wanted to have one but I couldn't get anybody excited about it. We usually play cribbage and have a gift exchange and it's a lot of fun. Rosa came and put me to bed.

Tuesday was a really nice day. I got up and took Robby to his appointment at Westside Animal Hospital. Robbie has been throwing up and has had diarrhea since Saturday, I think he got out into the front yard and the cat poops. I thought he was getting better and I almost canceled the appointment I'm glad I didn't, he even seemed better at the appointment and the doctor didn't prescribe anything except Prilosec and told me that he is better but if he has anymore diarrhea or throws up or coughs to bring him back in. For some reason I thought it was 11 AM when I left but when I got down to the hospital I noticed it was only 10:30 AM, I was an hour early. Luckily it was really beautiful outside so Robby and I just hung out and practice some commands in the parking lot. He still acting a little lethargic and he did have diarrhea so Teresa took a sample and I'm going to bring it in tomorrow morning. I thought maybe some fresh air would do him good so we went for cruise down to the wash, we had to turn around and come back because they were doing work and blocking the path. We cruised over to the boardwalk and it was vacant so luckily I had my Google glass and I took a bunch of pictures. I cruised back home and Teresa came and picked me up and we went to the chiropractor appointment. We came home and did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. we decided to have our Christmas party, cribbage and gift exchange here this year again so I ordered a larger ham and message to couple of people to see if they could come. We always have a lot of fun at the Christmas parties.

Wednesday was another great day. The vet check over yesterday and said that he was fine but last night he had another bout with diarrhea so we took a sample over to the vet, I hope he's okay, he acts okay but I still worry about him. I got up and took Bobby for a cruise down Westcliff Drive, to the end of the wharf and back and down to the boardwalk and back. I came home and hung out for a while and then Rosa came and brought me a whopper and fries and put me to bed. The usual game came over and we played cribbage, Claudia was my partner and I want a Dollar. My aunt had to leave after the first game so Kelly filled in, I had not seen Kelly for a while so it was nice.

Thursday was such a great day. A friend that I haven't seen for two years and her long time boyfriend came over to visit my mom and I. Cissy and Dick used to work with my dad repairing appliances at not only Montgomery wards but Sears, longtime friends. They came to my 50th birthday party and it was so great to see them. Cissy paints rocks, I'm redoing my front yard with river Rocks and I have been looking for some painted rocks to place around. Since he Hurt her knee a couple of weeks ago and had an operation and decided since she had so much time on her hands to start painting rocks so she picked up a book and started painting them, she is a natural and they are adorable. It was so great to catch up with them and I hope to see them again soon. Tom, Kelly and I decided to take the dogs for a walk through the lagoon, it was just beautiful and we talked about how it's only two blocks away and we don't go there very often together. We stopped and got tacos on the way… What a perfect day.

Friday was another great day.I got up and got dressed and Tom, Kelly and I decided to go down to the Roadhouse Restaurant for breakfast. I had eggs, bacon and greens on focaccia bread with home fries… I swear they have the best food there. We decided to drive down Highway 12 Pescadero and cruised around a little bit and went into the country store there to get some artichoke/garlic bread, garlic/herb bread, a scone and a macaroon  We ate the macaroon on the way back and it was awesome . We came back in my door was hanging by the bottom hinge, apparently the screws that were holding them into the frame were less than a inch long. Of course stuff like this always happens on Friday towards the end of the day. I hung out with Tom and Kelly for a while and then Teresa came to put me to bed. I had some more of the fish stew that Teresa made, it just keeps getting better every day. She also made some garlic butter and made me garlic toast with the artichokes/garlic bread. We did some personal care and of course a nice long hot bath.

Saturday was a great day also. I got up and took Robby for cruise down Westcliff Drive to the lighthouse Museum, it was so unbelievably beautiful and not as crowded as I thought it would be. I was cruising back down to the wharf and Kelly texted me and said she saw the G string jogging guy riding his bike, he is starting to be a frequent viewer around Santa Cruz. I met them at the arcade, they were making souvenir coin Christmas ornaments out of the souvenir coin machine… There looked really cool. We were talking about taking the puppies over to pet smart to get their picture taken with Santa, today was the only day, when I looked behind me and there was a little Santa photo room so we decided to wait for Santa to come back from his break, I hope you didn't go all the way back to the North Pole but that's how long it took. Robby didn't seem to like Santa very well and Robby likes EVERYBODY so we didn't get a picture of him actually close to Santa but close enough. We got a hot dog and some garlic fries and then I came on home while Tom and Kelly cruise around for a while. I rested for a bit and then Rosa came to put me to bed. My left arm has been really sore the last couple of days and I couldn't figure out why, I thought this was something new I was going to have to live with. Rosa touched a place on my shoulder and the back and it just sent me through the roof and my left arm started hurting so she gave me a little massage and said I was a mess with all the little knots in my back. After the massage she put me to bed and got one of those microwave beanbag things and put it behind my shoulder, it felt really good, in fact it felt so good I was asleep by the time she left and I slept all the way through till 5 PM.

Sunday was such a nice relaxing day. Teresa came in but we were both tired so she went Home so we could both get some more sleep. I fell back asleep and didn't wake up until about 3 PM, it was a nice deep sleep. My mom came down and got me some coffee and then I went back to sleep again. Tom, Kelly and Seth came over to watch how the Grinch stole Christmas and Rudolph the red nose reindeer. I fell asleep little while watching both but not much. Kelly heated me up some lamb roast, carrots Kale and I just watched to go and rested the rest of the evening. Our friend Cissy, the one that paints rocks, did one one that looks like Robby and one that looks like Bailey, they are so adorable.

1 comment:

betty said...

Those painted rocks, especially of Robby, came out great, Tammie! Your friend really is talented! Glad you got a chance to spend some time with her! Loved the pictures from the boardwalk and the pictures with Robby and Santa! I'm sure Koda would have felt the same way about Santa! Hope Robby's diarrhea/stomach problems have settled down by now. Koda has times when his tummy acts up like that, no rhyme or reason, then he settles back down again.