Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010...

Monday Robby and I cruised over to the Boardwalk and then down the canal to pet Smart to see if we could find a dog toy that resembles bacon. Teresa and I are going to be witches for Halloween and Teresa’s boyfriend is going to be an egg with devil horns... deviled egg or bacon and eggs. Robby is going to be a devil so we were going to find him some bacon but I think I should’ve looked for an egg instead, did that make any sense? I got home and Heather made me some killer fish, spinach with mushrooms and mashed potatoes... of course it was awesome. I hung out in my standing frame for a while and then went to bed. Later on my uncle and aunt came over and we played some cribbage, my mom and I were partners and we took a dollar from them... what a great way to end the day.

Tuesday is always a great day, massage Day. After my massage I got dressed and got up and I had an appointment with Dr. jet. Dr. jet specializes in spinal cord injury patients among other things, I see her every six months. When I came home Adrian was cleaning out my garage. She has been working on it for a couple of days and it looks AWESOME, and I always feel so better when my garage is organized. I took a nice long hot bath and went to bed.

Wednesday I unexpectedly stayed in bed, I always get so cranky and crazy when I stay in bed... so does poor Robby. My morning caregiver came in and said she was late because she woke up really sick, just about the first thing I tell them is to not come into work if you’re sick. She took Robby out to go potty, fed him and then left. I called another caregiver but she couldn’t make it so there I was. Cassy brought Jack over and he played with Robby out in the yard for a while, that made Robby feel better. I ordered my new van today, it should take about three or four months and I am so excited. I have had the same van since 2000 and although it’s been a great van it’s time for a new one.

Thursday after I got up in my chair Robby and I went for a really long cruise down West Cliff, past the lighthouse. It was such a beautiful day, the weather was perfect. We cruised back down to the wharf and hung out for a while just watching the beautiful surroundings. Then we cruised down to the boardwalk and along the Levy. I love living here. We cruised back home and Adrian was finishing up for the day cleaning the garage, it’s looking better and better. I took a nice long hot bath and went to bed.

Friday I went to Santa Cruz skilled nursing facility so Robby and I could visit with everyone. It was really nice to see them, I missed it last week because my morning caregiver was late. After Cassy and I went to the Peach Garden for Chinese food, in my opinion the best around. We ate way too much and then came home and Cassy put me in the standing frame, this is the first time that she has done it all by herself and she did an awesome job. I was not nervous at all and I stayed up for 20 minutes, working my way to an hour. I got some leather braces so we can strap my hands on the glider bars, trying to exercise my arms are little bit. My arms are usually really sore after but feel really good the next couple of days. I went to bed and couldn’t keep my eyes open and now here it is 9 PM and I’m wide awake. Somebody told me today that as we get older we don’t need as much sleep, I really miss sleep.

Saturday I got up late, which turned out to be okay because it rained most of the day. I did cruise around for a little bit with Robby but they closed off the parking lot that we cross through to get to the wharf so we turned around and came back. We worked on some of our commands in the yard, we practice three commands every day to keep us both sharp. Cassy put me to bed and then gave Robby a bath, hopefully he won’t be so itchy.

Sunday was Halloween, one of my favorite holidays obviously. I got up and Robby and I went to our puppy play date and met about four new dogs, Robby was so worn out and it was awesome. We came back and rested for a while and then got dressed up in our costumes and went downtown to the red room lounge. Teresa goes to school with a guy who works there and was supposed to dress up as Lady Gaga but when we showed up we found out he wasn’t going to be there until about 7 PM. We decided to have dinner there and it was AWESOME. I had a hamburger with mozzarella cheese and prosciutto. We ended up staying long enough to meet her friend and I’m glad we did, he was a really neat person. After that we cruised around downtown and we ran into Karen and her boyfriend. What a great Halloween, spending the evening with Teresa and Jess, her boyfriend was one of the best evenings I have ever had.


That corgi :) said...

loved your costume, Tammie, along with your friends! very clever your ideas/theme for the costumes! sounds like it was a very nice Halloween!

How exciting to get your new van (down the road of course). I bet it will be neat to have something newer and more reliable to cruise around in!


The Bohemian Teacher said...

Your blog is so lovely Tammie Lou!! and you have such nice things to say! I will keep reading!