Monday, October 25, 2010

Santa Cruz SCI Halloween Party...

Monday I decided to stay in bed all day. I have a really busy and long weekend and I cannot afford to get a pressure sore, I already have three blisters and I don’t want them to turn into something more. I always get really antsy when I have to stay in bed and of course it was a beautiful day outside, it has been overcast and raining. Heather came by and cooked a bunch of stuff and it smelled wonderful, I cannot wait to try everything she made. Cassy took back a ghost that I had bought it wasn’t working, I hope this one works.

Tuesday was massage Day, I love massage Day. On massage Day I don’t usually get up until around 1 PM and this day was no exception. I took Robby for a cruise and got back just in time to go to Costco with Teresa, I needed to get some stuff for the Halloween party Sunday and she agreed to take me. Of course we got a chicken bake. I took a bath and then went to bed.

Wednesday I really didn’t want to get up. Robby was scratching all night long and I felt so bad for him. He is on antibiotics and an antihistamine but still scratching like crazy, I noticed a little sore on the bottom of his lip the day before. Rachel gave him a bath with his medicated shampoo and he seems to be better. I had an appointment to get a manicure and pedicure, I got black for Halloween. And we cruised down the wharf, through the boardwalk, down the Levy to pet Smart and then back. I was supposed to get in my standing frame tonight but it didn’t happen. I swear starting next week I’m going to get up and it Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Thursday Robby and I went for a long cruise and ended up at pet Smart, Robby needed some more bitter apple spray. I hear him at night licking his paws and although I’m not sure whether it helps or not it makes me feel better. He has been a lot better since his last bath. I took a nice long bath and went to bed.

Friday I ended up staying in bed again. My morning caregiver overslept and came in about two hours late, she’s hardly ever late. I was supposed to be over at the Santa Cruz skilled nursing facility at 11 and there was no way I was going to make it so I had Cassady take Robby over there and then she drove to Scotts Valley to get his dog food. Friday night my uncle and aunt and Lee and Claudia came over to play cribbage with us, I just love playing cribbage.

Saturday I was supposed to go to a CCI new grad seminar in Santa Rosa but I decided it would be best not to go. I’m starting to get blisters on my butt and it’s about a three hour ride each way and if we stop every hour so I can relieve the pressure for 15 minutes we would probably have to leave here at 5 AM, my caregiver comes in at 6 AM and I’m usually not up in my chair until 10 AM. I’m really sad that I’m not going to be able to go but is for the best. I ended up taking Robby for a cruise over to the boardwalk and they were having their first annual chili cookoff. If I would’ve known that before I would have come later to taste the chili but it sure did smell incredible. I remember hearing about it and even seeing the advertisement for one of the contestants on my friends face book, I did get to see my friend and say hello really quick. I came home and Cassy gave Robby a bath so he could be all white and fluffy for the Halloween party on Sunday. It looks like it’s going to rain so I have a feeling that none is many people will show up as originally planned but whatever happens we will have fun and definitely lots of food and drinks.

Sunday was our Santa Cruz Spinal Cord Injury Halloween party here at my house. I have been so nervous about it and I haven’t been able to sleep but it was really nice. Not a lot of people showed up but we had a really good time. A therapist from Dominican rehab, Terryn, a lady I met at Dominican rehab and at Santa Cruz skilled nursing facility, Karen, a couple that I knew from the support groups in the Valley medical center center, Marv and Connie. Marv is going up in a week to get his CCI dog, I am so excited for him. I’m going up in two weeks to watch them graduate. It was windy and rainy, that’s why I was so afraid that nobody would show up to the party. I was the only one, well Robby and I, to dress in a costume but that’s okay. I’m pretty sure I’ll sleep much better tonight. We are going to try it again Thanksgiving and Christmas I hope.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

that cake looked delicious Tammie! how exciting that your friend is going to be getting his CCI dog! I know he will enjoy the bond between his dog and him like you have with Robby!!