Sunday, October 3, 2010

A great puppy play date week...

Monday my brother and I decided to go to Best Buy to get my mom a notebook computer, she has wanted one for a long time and my brother was here to switch everything over so it was perfect timing. As we got ready to leave the ramp on my van broke once again, this is getting really old. He wasn’t able to fix it but he was able to manually work it but he’s the only one who knows how to do it so I’m stranded for a couple of days. I had to cancel Santa Cruz skilled nursing facility visit. A bunch of us went to the wooden nickel in Watsonville for dinner, as usual it was awesome and we all had a great time.

Tuesday I had an appointment at Dominican rehab with Terryn to adapt my phone so I can use it in my chair. She had a couple of really good ideas and then Andrei came in with an awesome idea. He cut a section out of my arm rests and embedded my cell phone, it was genius. I also ran into Roger and we all talked about the spinal cord injury support group Halloween party, it is so exciting. I couldn’t get my phone to work so I called Tom and Kelly to come and pick me up, I thought it was going to be a lot hotter than it was and I didn’t want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere without my phone. I had a dentist appointment at 3 PM but it’s kind of far away and I didn’t want to go out there in this heat and my van is not working. I came home and took a bath and went to bed, there is nothing better than a nice hot bath.

Wednesday I had a dentist appointment to get my teeth cleaned. I have them cleaned every three months because I’m really not that good about flossing. I meant to use the odometer on my cell phone so that I would know how many miles it is but of course I forgot, I know that it takes me about half an hour to get there in my chair. It didn’t take her very long and she said that my teeth look really good. After the dentist we went to pet Smart to pick up a couple of balls for Robby to play with, there is really only two things that he will play with. One is a big rubber ball with holes all over it, which is easy for me also to get a hold of AND an empty water bottle. I came back home and found out that Gabe fixed my van so that I could use it but has to rebuild the moving parts inside the door so I will be able to use it, Gabe is awesome.

Thursday I had an appointment at Dominican rehab with Carl and Livnot to get fitted for my new standing frame. It was incredible. I got right in and was comfortable, only a few adjustments. I was able to stand in it almost instantly, in the past it has taken me up to three or four visits to just stand up. I came back home so excited and Carl delivered it that evening. I have been working on getting a standing frame since before I flap surgery.

On Friday I took Robby for a really long cruise and it was really great to get out. We went along Westcliff Drive and there was hardly anybody out at all, it felt like we had it all to ourselves and it was so gorgeous. I came home and Heather made me a killer dinner and then went to bed.

Saturday Kelly took Karen and I to Cosco to get a bunch of stuff that I have needed for a long time, mostly medical supplies. After we came back and unloaded and put everything away Kelly and I went to Ross, cost plus, OfficeMax and bed Bath and beyond. We were looking for a couple of barstools for my mom and a double drawer filing cabinet. We found a filing cabinet and OfficeMax and ended up going back there and picking out a couple of barstools. Of course I got some Halloween decorations at cost plus and Ross that I couldn’t do without. Kelly and I went out to dinner at Ristorante Italiano. We had both been there before and as usual it was a killer dinner. Kelly had cioppino and I had Veal Piccata with the calamari appetizer, of course we brought about half of everything home for lunch tomorrow.

Sunday was puppy play date and Robby and I both were so glad. We missed the last two weeks so Robby had a lot of pent up playing to get out of his system. Robby and Bella ran around like crazy, it was so cute. When I came back we were supposed to go to a neighborhood block party but we ended up not going, it was time to decorate for Halloween and it was too cold. I got my living room decorated and it looks awesome, we will start on the outside and the rest of the house next weekend. I really love Halloween.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

I bet Robby did enjoy his puppy date!! it did seem like you had a good buy busy week, Tammie! hope we get to see some pictures of your Halloween decorations; I just can't believe we are already in October!!