Monday, October 18, 2010

All decorated for Halloween...

Monday I had my mammogram, I used to have it every year on my birthday but since I moved here they just give me such a bad time because I’m in a chair that my prescription keeps running out. I finally got the right person on the phone, or whenever, and got it over with. Luckily the lady who was helping me, the lady that was taking the x-rays, had experience maneuvering a wheelchair because her sister is in one. She was very creative and tilted everything just the right way and got it done really fast. By the time my appointment was over it was already really hot so I just came home and went back to bed. Heather came over and made an egg plant, portobello mushroom and artichoke heart casserole with marinara sauce... needless to say it was awesome. While it was cooking she took Robby for a walk so everybody was happy.

Tuesday was my weekly massage from Susan, always a great experience. My massage is usually at 8:30 AM so Karen doesn’t come in until 10 AM, that means I’m not usually up in my chair until 1 PM. I got my home automation system back from Dave and Teresa installed it back for me, you don’t realize how much you miss technology until it’s gone. Robby and I went for a really long cruise past the lighthouse on Westcliff Drive and then down to the wharf. And then back home for a nice hot Jacuzzi bath and then off to bed, it doesn’t get any better than this.

Wednesday I had an appointment with Dr. Owens to get my Depo-Provera shot and my flu/h1n1 shot. I like going up there a lot better since I found an alternative route, cruising my chair all the way down Mission St. is really dangerous. After I left the doctor’s office Robby and I cruised down the wharf and through the boardwalk. Robby is out cold right now.

Thursday I had no plans so I just decided to take Robby and cruise around for awhile. Rachel gave him a bath so I took him out without his vest to the wharf and back so he could dry off. I came back and put his best on and we cruised back down to the wharf, through the boardwalk, down the Levy and I went into OfficeMax to see if I could find a clipboard. When I came back out it was cold and foggy, I didn’t put on a sweatshirt because I thought it was going to be very warm so Robby and I cruised home in the cold. When I got home Teresa and Cassidy were here to finish putting up my Halloween decorations, my house is so cool. I can’t wait for the Halloween party a week from Sunday.

Friday I didn’t make it over to Santa Cruz skilled nursing. Cassidy forgot that we were going over there on Fridays, we used to go on Mondays, so she was late getting here so we just took some stuff over to Goodwill and then went over to the Spirit store to get a couple more things that I needed. We were both having a really bad day so I just came home and went to bed and watched movies. I watched million Dollar baby. I remember when the movie came out my aunt was really worried about me watching it but I really liked it, I love Clint Eastwood and Hilary Swank.

Saturday was our fourth support group. There were six people there, one new guy that I met for the first time. Apparently he used to go to the support groups when Roger had them years ago. He works for Plantronics and gave me a Bluetooth earpiece to try out, it has a very light touch and is easy to use if you have a limited use of your hands... I’m really excited to try it out. I am so awful with names so I’m not even going to try. Roger asked me to take over the e-mail part of it, I told him I had plenty of time on my hands and I would help him in any way that I could. We have a face book page but decided it would be a good idea to have an Internet website, not everybody has faced book. So many exciting things are happening with the support group. After the support group I met Heather downtown and we went to the taco bar and then went to see Secretariat, it was a really good movie and I actually stayed awake the whole time.

Sunday I couldn’t believe it was raining, no puppy play date. We kind of sat around thinking of what to do. We decided to go to Woodworm party store to get a couple more spiders and then go to Costco to get sodas and a cake for the Halloween party. The first party store that we went to didn’t have very much so we decided to go to the other one and they had a lot, we never made it to Costco. I came home and had a nice hot bath and went to bed. We got all the decorations for Halloween up so there’s just a few things that we have to do before the party, I’m so excited.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

house looks great, Tammie! I love the ghost around the mirror! all is sooo festive for Halloween!! so glad you made it through Secretarit without falling asleep :)