Wednesday, May 31, 2017

It's starting to cool down again…

Monday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up in the Woofpack came by to get Robby for his weekly hike with the other dogs, they all have such a great time and I think it's really good for them. I took off for cruise through the lagoon, the last couple times that I've been there there's been two guys with this really elaborate set up for their drone… Canvas platform, landing pad and all those other equipment. I bet the pictures are amazing! Maybe one of these days I'll get up enough nerve to ask them where I can view the pictures. I cruised up through Bay St., Park and down Westcliff for a little bit, I wanted to cruise all the way down to the end but it was just too cold so I turned around and went down to the wharf, to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home to wait for Robby. Whenever Robby comes in he flies right past me drinks a lot of water and then looks to see if his food is there yet. Rosa came in and fed Robby and put me to bed. We did some personal care and I got to take a really nice long hot bath, it's really hard during the personal-care and bad since I got used to doing it in the commode chair but it's only for a few weeks. I took some PMs and a lorazepam and slept it off.













































Tuesday was another pretty good day, not as cold. Cindy came in and fed Robby, I didn't eat because I had to get some blood work done. She got me up and we headed over to Palo Alto medical group. They gave me my third series of hepatitis B shot and took some blood and urine, so glad I don't have to do that for three more months. We came back and Cindy made me an egg and sausage taco with salsa, cheese and avocado… I put salsa, cheese and avocado on everything. I rested for a bit and then Robby and I took off for the wharf, we cruised down to the end and back and then down to the end of the boardwalk and back… The crowns are starting to come, this is just a light indication of what it's going to be like the summer. I came back home and Omar was putting together my new table tennis table, he went and picked it up for me at big 5 sporting goods. I'm so excited! I've been wanting to get into table tennis for a long time. My mom, my aunt and I went over to the police station for a meeting they had about the local scams going around the neighborhood, scammers are so clever. You just have to watch everything you say and do and don't answer the phone or the door unless you know who it is. Luckily this is the age of caller ID and video cameras. Rosa came in and put me to bed and my nephew called and said that they held a friend in the neighborhood and asked if she could stay here, of course. She came in long enough to say hello and she seems super sweet, all of my nieces and nephews are awesome! She went upstairs and talk to my mom for a while while Rosa put me to bed, I still have a little headache from the day before so I went right to sleep.

























Wednesday was a pretty boring day but it went by fast. Cindy had the day off so Theresa came in to feed Robby and I, I just stayed in bed. Theresa made me a killer breakfast, she's actually a really good cook. She put me on my side and there I stayed for the day. The night before while I was out cruising around I noticed I missed a phone call from Melissa, David called my mom and said that they had a friend that was in the neighborhood and asked if she could stay here for the night. She lives in Oregon and she is a friend of Melissa and she's cruising around and I guess just sleeping in her car from town to town. She hung out upstairs with my mom for a while and then slept in the spare bedroom downstairs. My mom took her out for breakfast and then she was on her way to her last couple cities before she went home for Hannah's wedding. Omar came in and finished putting together my table tennis table, it looks great. Rosa came in and we due to personal care and my nice long hot bath, it was so nice to get back to bed and I slept all night. I've been sleeping really good and feeling really great during the day, usually when I stay in bed I sleep all day but I didn't sleep at all. And I don't really need damps during the day anymore, it feels great. My nieces and nephews had some really nice photos taken for their mom for Mother's Day, I swiped them from off-line.









Thursday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and fed Robby and I and got me up. My second appointment canceled, my hair appointment, the lady who usually does my hair was sick. I was running late so I left Robby here while I went to my first appointment downtown, my psychologist. It had been a couple of weeks since I had seen her and that always makes the time go by faster. I came back home and rested for a bit and then got Robby and we went for cruise through the lagoon, down West cliff Drive, to the end of the wharf and back into the boardwalk. It looks like they were having the ceremony to open the new boardwalk entrance, rides and attractions… They weren't supposed to do that until the 28th of the 29th. I rushed back home and dropped off Robby and grabbed by Google glass, I left it here this morning because it was sprinkling, and headed back down to the boardwalk to take pictures. I got down to the wharf and noticed the battery on my chair was almost dead so I decided I better turn around and come back home.  Rosa came in and fed Robby and I and put me to bed.

Friday was an okay day. Cindy had the day off so Theresa came in, I decided to stay in bed. Teresa may be a killer breakfast and put me on my side for the day then left. The housekeepers also wanted to get out of here early, it was really nice to stay in bed and have it nice and quiet and have all day to myself. Meaghan got caught up in traffic and didn't get here until almost 6 PM, she sent me back up and fixed me a really nice vegetarian dinner with an artichoke, asparagus, green beans and snap peas… Everything was from my aunts garden except the artichoke and it was a really killer dinner. I watched TV for a while before I drifted off.

Saturday was a really exciting day! Cindy came in and got me up and I headed over to Depot Park, Cindy, a lady I met through table tennis, was having her 70th birthday there. She wanted to play 70 games of table tennis on her 70th birthday… It was so clever and so fun! I met a lot of really nice people and I wasn't the worst table tennis player there, that was my fear. I'm sure she ended up playing 70 games but I had to leave so I can't wait to hear about it. Meaghan was coming in it 2 PM and I'm trying to stay off my butt as much as I can until my pressure sore gets under control. I'm hoping if I stay in bed Sunday, Monday and Tuesday I'll be able to get up on Wednesday and play some more table tennis with these guys at depot Park. I feel really comfortable around them because they are always so sweet! Meaghan came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and my nice long hot bath, it felt wonderful! She got me something to eat, cleaned up and then went home.






































Sunday was a pretty long day. The first day of my long stay in bed. I got a pressure sore and I don't wanted to get worse so I'm going to stay in bed until it's gone or almost gone, sometimes it feels better when I get up. It's also better for my mental health and sanity if I get up at least every couple of days. Cindy came in and we did a couple of things, I'm on a cleaning campaign in my room. It always makes me feel so much better when my room is clean and organized. I bought a series of tickets at the Saratoga Mountain winery so they gave me free tickets to see War and los lonely boys, unfortunately they were not wheelchair accessible. I offered them to Cindy and her mom but her mom was going away to a tournament with her son so Cindy asked her sister but they didn't want to go so I offered them to Julie but she has something else to do. I offer them to Theresa and she seemed really excited. Cindy put me on my side for the day and then was done for the day. I remember in the past, before I got my CPAP machine, I didn't sleep very well so when I would stay in bed I would sleep all day… Not anymore. I am a lot healthier since I get more sleep but I do miss my naps. Meaghan came in and sat me up and got me something to eat, tonight is Meaghan's last night and I'm kind of sad… She has so much fun to work with and I'm going to miss her. She took a picture of us before she left… She also took a picture of her and Robby, I wasn't real thrilled with the picture because I was laying down in my neck looks really big and fat.



1 comment:

betty said...

How fun with the table tennis, Tammie! Lots of games I'm sure will be played on your table! That was a cute idea with the lady turning 70 who wanted to play 70 games in a day!

betty