Sunday, May 21, 2017

Karen on vacation…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and we get some personal care and a nice long hot bath, it felt so good. Karen got me dressed and then took Penny to the vet, her eyes keep getting goopy and I was supposed to bring her back for a urine test a couple of weeks ago but I forgot. I want to have Karen bring her in before her vacation because she likes Karen the most. Penny figured out that Karen lives next door so she keeps going over there and laying on the porch or underneath the tree by the door. When Karen came in she told me that on Friday Luis propose to her! I'm so excited for her! We have been together for a long time and have so much fun together.  Theresa came in for a couple of hours to one of the plants and do some other stuff around here, she's going to come in a couple times a week… It's really nice to have somebody to do all of these things that never seem to get done. The Woofpack came to get Robby For his weekly hike, he gets so excited! After Karen got me up I went for a cruise through Depot Park, I was hoping table tennis was still going on but I missed it. I cruised over to the boardwalk and then to the wharf, it was a little bit cold so I thought I'd go over to the boardwalk to warm up a bit before I go to the wharf where it's really breezy. I cruised back home and waited for them to drop Robby off. I left Robby here to rest and cruised over to the wharf again, I get bored just sitting around and when I'm in pain or frustrated it's nice to cruise around and forget about everything. I cruised home and Rosa was here put me to bed and get me something to eat. My uncle, my aunt, Jan, Claudia, my mom and I played cribbage… My aunt was my partner and we did pretty good. I was really tired and fell right to sleep.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up and I took Robby for a short cruise through the lagoon, down to the end of the wharf and back, I had to stop and take pictures because there were a bunch of pelicans at the beginning of the wharf flame in the air and divebombing, I love Pelican's… and then home. That was a little embarrassing going out in my paper surgeons outfit, I had to be at Stanford at 1 PM for my fMRI. Cindy drove me there and helped load me into the fMRI tube, there's a little helmet like thing that they have to shut your head into. Last time I took to lorazepam's because I am so claustrophobic, antsy and I have so much anxiety it's hard for me to lay still. This time I didn't take anything because last time it wasn't so bad. At least have a glimpse of the outside world when I looked down so that helped a lot, they also gave me a panic button and asked me about every five minutes if I was okay. I love going to Stanford, everybody is so nice, funny and friendly. After the appointment Cindy drove me back just in time to rest for about 15 minutes before Rosa came in. She put me to bed and fed Robby and I and then my uncle, my aunt, my mom, Jan and I played cribbage… I lost five dollars :-( I watched a little bit more of the Netflix series called 13 reasons why before I fell asleep.

Wednesday turned out to be a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up and just as I was getting ready to go for a cruise my uncle came over and told me that last night after we played cards Jan fell down my front steps, she thought there was only one step and there was two. Apparently she was out in the front yard screaming for help and nobody in the house heard her, a lady from next-door heard her and came and helped her up and she went home. She was hurting last night but didn't want to go to the ER so she just went to bed. This morning she was hurting so bad that my aunt took her to the ER, I texted my aunt to see how she was doing but of course she didn't have her phone on because she was in the hospital. I went ahead and took Robby for a nice long cruise through the lagoon, down to the end of the wharf and back down to the end of the boardwalk and back. On my way home my mom texted me and said that Jan was back and we could go across the street and visit her, we played a couple of games of cribbage and Jan decided she wanted to go lay down so I left Robby here and started to go for a cruise down to the wharf when I noticed my battery was dead so I came home. Rosa came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long bath, I fell asleep shortly after Rosa put me back to bed. My friends Elizabeth and Marshall came in but I was sleeping, they're going to stay here for a couple of days.

Thursday was a great day. Cindy came in, Karen is on vacation for three weeks, and got me up and Elizabeth, Marshall and I cruised over to The Picnic Basket by the wharf for lunch. Elizabeth and I split a beet sandwich and a Reuben sandwich and Marshall had a beet sandwich, they are so delicious… It has beets, chickpeas and spinach. We got one to go for my mom. We cruised down to the end of the wharf, took some pictures and then came back. Rosa came in and put me to bed and then Elizabeth, Marshall and I tried to figure out how to put Netflix on the TV… We can figure it out so we just watched Netflix on my computer, we watched Dana Carvey… It was so funny. I think we all were falling asleep by the end so we went to bed. Jan is doing much better…

 Friday was not such a good day. All night long I had really bad spasms and my stomach was making really loud noises, after I ate and started getting dressed I decided it would be too miserable to get up and be in the chair all day so I decided to stay in bed. Cindy came in to get me up but she had to go to work, luckily Theresa was here and agreed to help me out with some personal care and also the hot bath… I felt so much better afterward but there was not enough time to get up and cruise around. Marshall and Elizabeth decided to leave early, they were going to leave tomorrow morning, so they can get back and do some work. After personal care at a bath I pretty much exhausted and not a lot of fun to be around anyway so they left in the afternoon. Jan came by to say goodbye, she is leaving in the morning. Because of her injury we do get a lot of time to hang out but she will be back and hopefully often.

Saturday was a pretty good day. I still wasn't feeling my greatest and I was hoping I wasn't getting sick, there's a really bad stomach flu going around. Cindy came in and got me up and the Woofpack came to get Robby for his play date. Cindy took me to New Leaf so I can do some grocery shopping and she dropped me off at the wharf so I can cruise around for a little bit. After she left I remembered that we didn't turn my Google glass on so I can't take any pictures, I tried to take it off and person on button myself but all I did was severe at the lenses. I cruised around the wharf and up and down the boardwalk, I forgot they were celebrating deaf people on the boardwalk… I even saw the ASL interpreter that signs for the Friday night concerts on the beach Mac. I wanted to go up and say hi but he was busy talking to people and I didn't want to bother him, I couldn't even take a picture because my Google glass was off. I cruise down the wharf again and then headed home, it's almost time for them to drop off Robby. I still wasn't feeling very good and I had this terrible annoying pain behind my left shoulder so my mom gave me a lorazepam and massage it for a while, I don't know if it got better or I just relaxed from the lorazepam. Meghan came in and put me to bed and I fell asleep while she was making me dinner, I woke up long enough to eat but then I was out again.

Sunday was a really good day. Cindy came in and got me up and the therapist from Restorative Therapies came in to assemble my EFS cycle and show us how to use it, Cindy took notes and videos. It looks pretty easy to use and it felt so great to exercise, I really feel like I got a good workout. Meaghan came in and put me to bed and made me some sausage, pineapple and cheese pizza with cauliflower crest… It was awesome!! I watched TV for the rest of the evening, I am in such a great mood.

1 comment:

betty said...

That pizza did look delicious. The sandwich with the beets and chickpeas sounds interesting.