Sunday, May 7, 2017

It's starting to get really really hot…

Monday was a really great day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, what a great way to start the day. The Woofpack came to get Robby and I sent him off with his cooling vest. Karen got me up and Riggy and I went for a nice long cruise through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back, down to the end of the wharf and back again and home. Riggy Was doing his little hot paw dance so I decided it's time to go home and watch TV. We hung out in the driveway for a while when it got too warm for even that so we came inside. They brought Robby back and the boys were just too hot to play outside so we stayed inside. Rosa came in and put me to bed and my uncle, my aunt and Claudia came over to play cribbage… My aunt was my partner and we won two bucks. I watched TV for a while and drifted off…





























Tuesday was a really good day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and I and got me up late for the day. We loaded up the boys in the van and headed over to my appointment, I had to get an echocardiogram. I went to visit my doctor about a month ago and she told me I had a heart murmur and I should go get an echocardiogram, that was a month ago but this was the first appointment I could get… I'm glad it wasn't urgent. After my appointment we cruised over to staff of life and Walgreens for a little bit of shopping. We cruised over to kindred care to visit Lisa, she just looks better and better every time. I can't wait until she can go home and then come over for visits. Of course she was really happy to see Riggy and Riggy was really glad to see her. She's only been in the rehab center for a couple of days and already ever body on the staff is in love with her. We hung out for a while and had a really good chat, lots of people came in to say hello to the boys. We left to go home and half of the street was blocked off so they detoured us and it took a lot longer than we had hoped. Omar came by today and fixed one of the cabinet on wheels I have outside, it got ruined when the truck came through my fence and wrecked my barbecue and the bumper on my car. He does such a good job at everything he does! We cruised back home and Fred and Joanna were here to say goodbye, they just got here a few days ago so I can't believe they're leaving already. They said they would be back in June. I came in and Rosa was already here so she fed the boys, put me to bed and got me something to eat. I watched TV and rested until he drifted off to sleep.





Wednesday was a pretty good day, it's starting to cool down a little bit. Susan came in to give me a massage and asked me if I would be her test patient for her lymphatic massage, she's going back to school, and of course I agreed. Karen came in and fed the boys and I and we did some personal care and of course a nice long hot bath. I took the boys for a little cruise through the lagoon, that's about all we had time for before my appointment with Jessica to get my hair done, I really like this girl! As usual she did a really good job, okay this is only the second time she's done it but I love it! I cruised back home and Rosa was already here and already fed the boys so she put me to bed and I ate a little bit but my stomach was a little upset from the chemicals. I watch TV for a while before I drifted off to sleep.





Thursday was another really great day. Karen came in and got me up and the mobile groomer came for Robby so Karen gave Riggy a shower while I cruised around, I got a little carried away and ended up going through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive all the way to the surf Museum, down to the wharf and then I realized it was time to head downtown for my appointment with my psychologist. After my appointment I cruised home, I was going to take the boys for a couple our cruise before my next appointment but I realized my battery was almost dead... I didn't mean to go as far as I went.  I did take them for a short cruise to the lagoon and back. I came home and charged my battery for an hour as I lay back and watch TV. After an hour the battery looked full but after I got down to my appointment, only a couple of miles away, my battery was almost dead again so I texted my mom and asked her to come and get me when my appointment was over at 3 PM. I heard the doorbell chime on my phone and noticed that Rosa was already here, she's been getting off work on time lately I think because corporate is in town for the week where she works, she works at a care facility. She put me to bed and use the massager on my shoulders, arms and back… I was so sore from rushing around all day. I relaxed and watched TV for a while and drifted off to sleep.


















Friday was a really great day.  Karen came in and fed the boys and got me up. All week I tried to talk myself out of going to the wheelchair table tennis get-togethers, not that I didn't want to go but it's just my social anxiety kicking in… It makes me crazy sometimes. I talked Karen into going down there with me and it wasn't so bad, everybody is so nice and helpful. I'm so out of shape, it didn't take long before my wrists started getting really weak and it was hard to hold it up. Every time I would rest but after resting my wrist just didn't last that long, I finally just said that I was going home. I felt like I needed to have some time to take the boys for a cruise but my arms were just too tired so we just hung out here at the house. I can't wait until my wrists got stronger and I can play longer, I really like table tennis a lot.  I headed home so I could be there when my FES exercise machine came. I waited and waited and visited with my mom for a while and then I got an email saying it was delivered, I didn't hear either of the motion doorbells so I panicked and emailed restorative therapies where I got the machine and told them… I was so afraid they delivered it to the wrong place. We didn't see it anywhere on the front or back porch but when my mom went outside she saw the boxes in the garage, they had put them in their thankfully. I can't wait to get started with the exercise program. Meaghan came in and put me to bed and although I really wanted to rest my arms all night long I just couldn't make myself, when I have the computer in front of me I have to be doing things and if I don't have in front of me I would probably have an anxiety attack. It was an exciting day!




































Saturday was another great day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and I and got me up, the Woofpack came and got Robby so it was just Riggy and I for the day. I decided to take him over to Depot Park for the wheelchair table tennis practice. I figured he'd have more fun being with everyone else then here by himself. I lasted a little bit longer today but I'm still really frustrated with myself, I wish I was in better shape and can play longer. Jim, the guy who originally drug me in the building to try out, is so sweet and patient. Apparently he lives in Florida but came here to get this group together, I'm so glad that he did. Jack, the guy that fixes my chair, introduced me to Cindy before when I told him I wanted to play table tennis and we emailed back and forth a little bit but they usually get started a lot earlier than I can usually get up, maybe now that it's summer and Karen lives next door and can come in at 6 AM I'll be able to make it more. They keep talking about tournaments and traveling around, a lot of them have a lot of experience and are really professional. I just want to have some fun and play ping-pong, I'm not really able to travel… If I can't get there in my chair it's hard for me to go anywhere. Unfortunately just before 3:00 PM I had to go, I needed to be home when Robby gets there… Eventually I'm hoping they will just be able to open the door with the code and let Robby in so I don't have to be back. I texted Meaghan on the way home and asked her if she wanted to come in early and she said yes. She fed the boys and put me to bed, my arms were really tired so I thought I would try a piece of medical marijuana chocolate on an empty stomach… Needless to say by the time we were done with the personal care and a bath I just wanted to go to sleep, I wasn't even hungry… I thought the stuff was supposed to give you the munchies? I ate half of a salad, some pistachio bark and a cup of coffee and I was out. I woke up a couple hours later for a little while and then went back to sleep for the rest of the evening.











Sunday was a really great day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and I and got me dress and up so I can take the boys for a short cruise before the barbecue. Trish texted me a couple of days ago to see if we could get together for a barbecue so we agreed on today. It was just trash, her friend Angelica, her son Noah and I… Her husband Andrew and other plans. Trish brought over some chicken to barbecue and a salad, Angelica brought over some pinto beans, fried rice and tortillas… I had a meat/cheese/cracker platter, a carrot cake and a poppyseed cake. Nobody knew how to start the barbecue so we just all stood there and made guesses for a while and then looked it up on YouTube and eventually we got it, next time it'll be a lot easier. We ate chicken tacos and had a really nice visit. Noah ate and they got the keys from his mom to take off in their vehicle, typical teenager. Trish and Angelica left so I decided to take the boys for cruise over to the wharf, I'm glad I did because it was really nice and because I ran into Vince. He is the sweetest man I have ever met and everybody loves him, he's just so generous and genuinely cares about everyone… He definitely puts me in a good mood every time I see him. We cruised back home and Meaghan was here cleaning up after the barbecue and then she fed the boys and put me too bad, she brushed my teeth and wash my face before I fell asleep on her.













1 comment:

betty said...

Glad you pursued the table tennis, Tammie. Keep up with it and you will get stronger and stronger each time you play!

betty