Sunday, May 14, 2017

Cooling down this week…

Monday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and fed the boys and Woofpack came to pick up Robby for their Monday hike, Robby is always so eager to go. While we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath Riggy waited politely. I was going to go down to Depot Park to play some more table tennis but everything took a little bit longer and I got up late, I message Jim but I didn't hear back from him so I just took Riggy and went for cruise through the lagoon, down Westcliff to the lighthouse Museum and back, down to the end of the wharf and back and I was going to go down to the boardwalk to see how they're coming on the entrance but it was just too cold so I headed on home. I rested for a bit and Robby came home from his day camp and him and Riggy played for a while until Rosa came in. She fed the boys, put me to bed, fed me and it was time to play cribbage. My uncle and aunt, Claudia, my mom and I played cribbage I started out with five dollars and ended up with one. I watched TV for a while and drifted off to sleep.

Tuesday was a really long day. Cindy came in and fed the boys and I, got me up and dressed and we all took off for Stanford in Palo Alto. I noticed that Riggy was limping really bad, I was hoping after going out and going potty it would feel better but he just didn't want to put any weight on it. I thought about leaving here at home but thought he would feel better with us so we took him, we took all his stuff so we could drop him off at home on the way back… His mom is getting discharged today. We got up to Palo Alto pretty fast but it was really warm. Lisa met us in the parking lot and took us to where we needed to go and we put the dogs on the yoga mat. They slept with the electrode wires in my muscles and restarted the test, the test was a lot easier this time and I did a lot better… It's pretty amazing how well you can do when you keep up the exercise, I wish I could keep it up here around. I'm really going to try this time especially since I want to get my arms stronger for table tennis and lose my angel wings. The testing went by really fast but it was hot and the freeways were crowded On the way home so we took a back route and found a lot of vineyards, really beautiful houses and even a lake… It was a beautiful drive but I was nervous the whole way about bringing back a hurt dog to someone who has just been through hell at the hospital and in rehab, I would have done anything to make the dog be okay. We dropped him off and headed home. Rosa put me to bed and then my uncle and aunt, Lee and Claudia, my mom and Jan came over to play cribbage… I think I lost everything I had. After the game I fell right to sleep, I was so exhausted!

Wednesday was a pretty good day. Susan is off for a couple of weeks so Karen came in early so we could do some personal care, a nice long hot bath and still be able to get up fairly early. Good thing I have her check my calendar because I didn't realize it was the second Wednesday of the month, time for the Life on Wheels Support Group. Today Dr. Brown was coming in to talk about medical marijuana and how it can help for different situations, I really learned a lot and listen to everything she said. I can't believe I forgot to take pictures but I think we have the most people we've ever had, 10 people showed up. Towards the end of the group meeting I started to get really nauseous and I left immediately after. I couldn't stop thinking about Riggy and I think I just made myself sick. Nobody wants to hurt somebody else's baby while you're responsible, it's just an awful feeling. I'm hoping just a few days of rest and he will be back to normal, his ankle wasn't swollen and there were no scuffs or bleeding marks. I think he just sprained or pulled something Sunday while he was playing with the soccer ball. I cruised down to the wharf one last time before I headed home, I don't want to get there too early before my evening attending. I got home and rested for a while and then Rosa came in to put me to bed and my uncle and aunt, Jan, my mom and I played cribbage until everybody was just about falling asleep.

Thursday was a great day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I headed downtown for my appointment with Carol, it went by really fast and then we headed back to rest for a bit. I was really excited to spend the day with Jan, we just cruised around the wharf and in the boardwalk and did some shopping of course. We cruised back and Rosa came in to put me to bed. My neck, shoulders and left arm were so sore I could hardly stand it, I have never been in this much pain before. The last three nights we played cribbage and I think I have a tendency to hold my hand up and of course look to the right to see the cards and the people and my neck is just not used to that. They wanted to play cards again but I thought I should rest my neck so they played across the street. This is really awful.

Friday was a pretty miserable day. I woke up just as sore as the night before if not more, I seriously thought about staying in bed but I thought moving around would be better or at least I don't have to stay in bed and think about it. I wanted to go to depot Park and play table tennis but I didn't dare, I meant to take something before I left for the pain but I forgot. I slowly and carefully cruised around the lagoon, the wharf, the boardwalk and then back home. I made an appointment for Robby at the vet because he looks like his back and might be a little sore, I hope it's just something that a couple days rest will fix and not hip dysplasia… I'm so paranoid about him getting that. I left Robby here and went back out for a short cruise thinking I would be able to take my mind off the pain but I couldn't go very far because my battery was dying. I did see Rafael on my way back home, he works for Parks and Recreation and I always see him at depot Park… He has the best smile and just always seem so happy. I came back home and watched more of the Netflix series 13 reasons why, I'm almost done with it. Meaghan came in and put me to bed and then we did some personal care and a nice long hot bath, I was cold and sore so I thought it would be a huge relief and it was. She put me to bed and got me something to eat and I just relaxed and watched TV the rest of the evening, I try not to move my arms too much.

Saturday was another great day. Cindy came in and got me up and Robby and I went for a cruise, no puppy play date for Robby today because he has an appointment with the vet. I watch him a lot closer since he's getting old and retired because I just don't want him to be in any pain and he looked like he might be limping a little bit on his back right leg and the bottom half of him looks like it's getting a little weak. We went to the appointment and they did x-rays, blood work… You name it. Dr. Langasetti said that Robby is in the same shape as a five-year-old, he is 9 1/2 so I was thrilled. Because she has gotten so much exercise, we usually go anywhere from 5 to 8 miles a day, and he has so much muscle that it will be a while before he gets out of shape. She does want him to slow down a little, meaning my speed which is usually 6 miles an hour, and not go as far just to not overwork him. He still can go on his Monday morning hikes and Saturday play dates with the Woofpack. So I'll probably just take him out in the mornings and cruise around maybe 3 or 4 miles and then bring him back and let him rest at home while I go out and cruise around. We came back home and rested for a bit before Theresa came in, she used to do Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings before Meaghan and since Meaghan is quitting at the end of the month Theresa is going to take over and do those evenings again. I'm really glad it worked out because I really like Theresa. My uncle, my aunt, Jan and my mom and I played cribbage and I won two dollars. It was a fun day and a fun evening. I fell right to sleep.

 Sunday was a really good day. Mother's Day! Cindy came in and got me up and Robby and I went for a cruise. My neck shoulders and left arm are starting to hurt again, I thought it was getting better but when I get into my chair and start bouncing around it really hurts… I don't think I've ever been in this much pain. We cruised through Depot Park and down to the end of the wharf and back, it was so crowded. I wanted to go down and cruise through the boardwalk but it was cold and the wind was making my neck and shoulders even stiffer so I decided to cruise home and try to relax. It's really hard to sit here when I'm in pain so I decided to leave Robby here and cruise down to the wharf again, that wasn't really a good idea. I came home and rested for a bit and my mom, my uncle, my aunt, Jan, my cousin Rich, his son Seth and Seth's girlfriend Cameo came over for Mother's Day dinner. They make porkchops with sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, asparagus out of their garden, a salad, watermelon and French bread baguettes… It was so tender and delicious. Meaghan came in and put me to bed and my mom, my uncle, my aunt and Jan and I played cribbage… This time I didn't do so good and ended up with a dollar, I lost four dollars. I tried to make myself relax and not move my arms but it's really hard. I hope I feel better in the morning so I can play table tennis.

1 comment:

betty said...

Hope you were able to play table tennis, Tammie! I liked the pictures of the two dogs on the bed with you; too cute! I bet you miss Riggy, but it is good he is back with his family! The Mother Day meal sounded delicious!