Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Christmas is in the past, it was great but now it's gone…

 Monday was another day in bed but I'm feeling much better. I can't wait to get up tomorrow even if it is to just go back to the clinic. Cindy came in and fed Robby and I and I think I'm just going to watch movies all day long again, hopefully take a couple of naps. I remember when I was younger I fought naps like crazy and now I would love to be able to take a nap at least once a day. I am really glad that I sleep much better at night because of the CPAP machine. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, I went to bed and felt so relaxed… It's great to be my own self again. I watch TV until I fell asleep.

Tuesday was not such a good day. Cindy came in and got me up to take me back to urgent care for my follow-up. As soon as I got in my chair I got sick all over and ended up going back to bed, I just wanted to go back to urgent care and have them tell me that I'm doing better… I can feel that I was doing better but I just wanted confirmation I guess. I watch TV the rest of the day until Rosa came and got me something to eat and another nice long hot bath and then back to sleep again.

Wednesday was a better day. Karen came in and got me up and I went to my appointment with Jennifer for my waxing/facial. I was feeling much better so after I left I headed back down to urgent care for my follow-up, I had to cruise down there in my chair because I didn't have anybody to drive me so I was so glad that the sun was out and it was a warm day. I didn't have to wait very long and they brought me in and listen to my lungs and said that I sounded much better, FINALLY! I cruised back home and rested for a bit until Rosa came in. We did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, my third one this week and it's only Wednesday… It felt great.

Thursday was another great day, I am feeling better and better every day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I took off for a nice long cruise, it was so great to be out and about again and the weather was beautiful… Nice and warm. We cruised through the lagoon, down the Westcliff Drive and back, down to the end of the wharf and back and down to the end of the boardwalk and back. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I just watch TV until I fell asleep, I was really tired and it felt great.





























Friday was another really great day. Karen came in and got me up and I talked to Omar for a little bit before Robby and I took off for a nice long cruise, I got some of those vertical wall pockets for plants for my bathroom and Omar was trying to figure out how to attach it to the tile, I know you will figure out something great because he always does. Robby and I took off for our regular cruise… It's really great to be out and about again with my Google glass. While I was cruising through the lagoon my brother Stanley texted me and asked if I had left already because he wanted to go for cruise, I thought Karen said that she saw his vehicle here and I know you talked about coming down for New Year's but I missed him. He said he wanted to get some work done anyway. We cruised on and then came back home to rest for a bit before Meaghan came in. We did some personal-care and a nice long hot bath, I wish I could take four baths every week because it feels great. She put me to bed and I just watched Oprah's Where are they now, I love that show.



























Saturday was kind of a boring day, I just started feeling better and now I'm grounded in bed because I don't have a morning caregiver. Cindy took off for the new years weekend and Karen had company. Luckily Stanley was here to make his killer breakfasts, he came down to work for the New Year's weekend. Meaghan came in Saturday afternoon so we can do some personal care and at least I got to take a nice long hot bath. I pretty much just watch TV all day, at least it was raining so I didn't feel so bad. My aunt and uncle came over and brought some stirfry and some really good baguettes so we had a really nice dinner and then played cribbage.

Sunday was another day stuck in bed, I hope it doesn't rain next week when I get to get up. Everybody got up late and it was nice to sleep in, Stanley made breakfast about 2 PM but he got a lot of work done over the weekend and he was happy. Meaghan came in and put me on my side for a while and then set me back up and I just watch TV for the rest of the evening.

1 comment:

betty said...

So pretty, Tammie, with all the pictures of the sky and the clouds in it! I'm glad you are feeling better! I hope 2017 will be a great year for you and yours!

betty