Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas is getting closer…

Monday was a really good day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I cruised through the lagoon and down to the end of the wharf and back. we cruised down Water Street to check to see that Dig nursery had those vertical wall planters for my bathroom, it seems like every time I decide I want something they change it up so I just came back home and looked for the ones I wanted from Amazon. of course they had was there so I ordered them. My mom, Stanley, Robert, David, McKenzie, Melissa and I decided to go to Restauranta Italiano for dinner. Their food is always so good and they had this dessert that look like a giant baked potato, in fact I think that's what it's called, that was amazing. It's a big old slab of ice cream that's cut out to look like a baked potato and then rolled in cocoa powder, cut down middle and filled with whipping cream. It's always so nice to spend time with family. We came home and Rosa came in to put me to bad, when were going to watch a movie but By the time Rosa left everybody was to tired. I didn't sleep very good and if I did fall asleep it was only for a couple of hours.





























Tuesday was a miserable day. Cindy came in and got me up and took me to my appointment at the ear nose and throat doctor, I was going cancel and stay in bed but I feel like I'm coming down with something and maybe we can catch it before it gets worse. Originally I went there because I'm getting his big soft lumps on the back of my head and sometimes they are painful just want to make sure everything is okay. Looked in my throat, my nose, my ears and my eyes and said everything looked okay. By the time he got home I had a sore throat, a headache and I was extremely cranky. The family was going to go to the Christmas lights in Vassona Park but I felt worse as the day went on and I you want to go out in the cold so I just told them to go on without me. We had to buy tickets for each carload of people so we had an extra ticket we offer to Rosa's family but I think it was too late of notice. They all had a really good time and came back and we all watched Elf, I probably watched it along time ago but I don't remember it and it was hilarious. I started feeling even worse.














Wednesday was pretty much a wasted day. Karen came in and I decided to stay in bed because I felt awful and my voice was barely audible. I was kind of bummed because we were going to go to Big Sur for the day that I would have been really miserable company. Stanley, Robert and Mackenzie went to go see the new Star Trek movie and David and Melissa stayed here to rest, Melissa wasn't feeling good. I was on myself it all day I wish I could've slept but then I guess I would not have slept all night, but would rather sleep during the night I guess. Everyone decided they wanted pizza for dinner, I'm always up for pizza… Even if it can't taste it.

Thursday was another bad day. Karen came in and put me on my side and I just basically laid in bed all day and tried to sleep, when I don't feel good I just want to sleep until I get better. I can't believe your nose and throat doctor didn't see that my throat was irritated, if you would've just seen it and prescribed me some antibiotics I would've been so much better off. My family left really early this morning for Oregon, I think it will be so nice to have such a huge family getting together… I've even been looking at places in Oregon. I really love everything about Santa Cruz except for the fact that my family, and now my extended family, are so far away. Rosa came in and sat me back up and if it wasn't for all of this codeine cough syrup and PMs I would be awake and miserable all night.

Friday was just awful, I didn't think that I could feel worse but I do. While my mom was gone I was coughing so much, the sad thing is that I don't have enough air in my lungs to cough anything up so it just gets caught in the top my and then I end up coughing and choking and pretty soon I can't breathe. I ended up texting my aunt to see if she could come over and help me cough but she had already left. Luckily my mom came in shortly after and helped me cough, I need somebody to push down really hard on my stomach while I cough. One of the housekeepers made me some tamales so I had one for dinner, too bad I couldn't really taste it. When my aunt came home she brought me over some coughing pills and some more codeine cough syrup. I can tell when I'm starting to get better because instead of the codeine helping it just makes me itch all over.

Saturday was another awful day although I feel like I'm getting a little bit better. Nothing really hurts anymore I just feel drained and antsy from being in bed for so long. Because I've been sitting up more I'm afraid that once I get over this pneumonia I'm going to have to stay in bed because of a pressure sore. My aunt is trying to get me to go to Valley Medical Center because they really the only hospital around here who knows how to take care of a quadriplegic. I'm really uncomfortable and my stomach feels like it's about to explode so I feel like when Rosa gets here and we can do some personal care I will feel a whole lot better. Rosa got here and after some personal care and a nice long hot bath I feel so much better. I'm glad I don't have to spend Christmas in Valley Medical Center.

Sunday I'm feeling a little bit better, it's Christmas. I'd like to go on my side because I'm afraid of a pressure sore but I don't have an evening caregiver so I'm just going to hope for the best. Cindy came in and got me something to eat and fed Robby. She told me that she talked to her boss and got Tuesdays off so she could spend the whole day here helping me with errands and stuff, I'm so excited. I watched my favorite movies most of the day, sleeping with the enemy, the hand that rocks the cradle and when a man loves a woman. My uncle and aunt came over and brought some turkey noodle soup, asparagus and garlic bread and we played about four or five games of cribbage… It was a fun evening and a great Christmas!

1 comment:

betty said...

Sorry you are sick, Tammie, but glad it was a great Christmas! That baked potato dessert looked cute and delicious! We saw the new Star Wars movie yesterday; it was a bit surprising!

Such festive decorations and tree you have!

I hope your new year is a great one. Happy New Year!

betty