Monday, December 12, 2016

Decorating for Christmas…

Monday was a pretty good day. Susan came in to give me a nice long massage and once again I was asleep before she left so I didn't get to say goodbye and thank you. Karen came in and got me up at Robby and I went for a little cruise but it was sprinkling so I could bring my Google glass. It got a little cold so we headed home to see how it was going with the decorations, Karen got a lot done while I was gone. Rosa came in and put me to bed and we did our personal care and a nice long hot bath.

Tuesday was another great day. Cindy came in and got me up and took me over to my appointment at sleep MD, it had been over a year since I had to go back because they have my CPAP machine adjusted and everything was great. He said I used it about 87% of the time, they expect more than 70%. There are nights that it's not comfortable and I have to take it off and of course I can't put it all by myself so I have to do without. While I was on vacation, I went to Oregon for a week in July, I didn't use it at all. I have a lot of anxiety when we go on vacation, there's a lot of comfort in my home but I really like going. When we left the doctor's office I saw my mom standing at the counter so I pulled up beside her and said "excuse me miss" she smiled and stepped aside and then realized it was me. I didn't know she had an appointment there and she didn't know I did, we better just broke together. We came back home and I rested for a bit and then Robby and I took off for a cruise Over to the wharf and then back, it was really cold and we didn't have much time. Rosa came in and put me to bed and started decorating in the living, it seems like I have way more stuff than I remember that I think were going to have to take some stuff back…

 Wednesday was a pretty good day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I took off for my appointment with Jennifer at Simply Skin to get my face waxed. It's always nice to see Jennifer and everybody there is so sweet. Robby and I cruised down to the wharf, I feel like I have a great day if I can cruise to the wharf everyday if nothing else. It's always so beautiful and I just love the clouds. I wanted to stop by the farmers market but I couldn't remember if Robby had any money in his wallet, I'll get it next week. We cruised home and rested for a bit until Rosa came in to put me to bed, do some personnel care and of course a nice long hot bath.

Thursday was a pretty good day. I saw that it was going to rain all day so I decided to stay in bed, thank goodness it did rain all day. We opened up all the windows and blinds and just relaxed and listen to it rain all day while Karen did some more decorating, she is so creative. I texted Rosa and told her that I stayed in bed and it was raining really hard so she didn't have to come in, I'm sure she was really glad. I watched a movie called Pet, it was a creepy movie with a really creepy twist… My kind of movie.

Friday was a really great day. Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I took off for a really long cruise through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive and back, down to the end of the wharf and back, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and then home. The weather was perfect and the view was amazing and I didn't really want to come home but my battery was getting low and it was almost time for Rosa to come in. It was nice to have a day out taking pictures again, even though I probably already have at least six of each picture I'm taking at home. Meaghan came in and she had a long day so she just put me to bed and went home, my house is looking more and more amazing every day. I need to stop buying Christmas decorations.

Saturday was a great day. Cindy came in and I decided to stay in bed, it was going to be another rainy day. Cindy painted my fingernails and toenails and put me on my side for the day. I was going to have her take me to Home Depot but we will do that tomorrow. I need some spare lights for the trees on the porch and I bought some plants that are supposed to help with breathing and anxiety, I sought on The Dr's TV show. They're all plants that are really hard to kill so I have a fighting chance. I need to get some pots and some soil. Meghan came in and we did some personal care as I got to take a nice long hot bath, it felt amazing! She put me to bed and I watched TiVo for the rest of the evening until I drifted off.

 Sunday was an awesome day! Cindy came in and got me up and took me over to Home Depot to get some Christmas wreaths to make this place smelled like Christmas, some spray urethane to protect my tile surfboard we're going to hang over the garage, some pots for some houseplants than I got and some other stuff that I probably didn't need but wanted anyway. After that we cruised over to Safeway to get even more stuff that I didn't need. We came home and I rested for a bit before my cousin Debbie came to visit from San Diego, her and her family came down in September for a night and it was so nice to see them, I haven't seen Debbie for probably about 12 or 14 years and she did change a bit. This time she's going to stay a little bit longer and she's by herself. We'll really have anything planned except to get to know each other of a better and make plans to keep seeing each other. When she got here we just hung around in the living room catching up and reminiscing, what a blast! We decided to go to Laili's for dinner, my favorite Mediterranean place. We both had the eggplant, chard and balsamic rice and it was amazing… We both liked it very much. We cruised around downtown for a while and did some shopping and then came home and we got to visit a little while longer until Meaghan came into put me to bed. After she put me to bed Debbie came in to say good night, I am so glad that she's here.

1 comment:

betty said...

So festive with the decorations, Tammie! Glad you were able to visit with your friend, Debbie! It does seem like you have had a lot of rain there!