Friday, January 20, 2017

The Christmas decorations are almost all put away…

 Monday was a pretty frustrating day. It seems like it so hard to get everything to work at the same time. Karen came in and hooked everything up to the best of her knowledge but there was some stuff that she wasn't sure of, I sent a message to my brother to see if he was available but he was asleep… He works swing shift. He messaged me back about 3 PM and him and Karen worked most of it out. There's still a couple things but they will get straightened out on Wednesday, Karen is off on Tuesday. In order to have my internetwork I have to turn off Wi-Fi and then when I turn off Wi-Fi I can't get my TV remote to work so going back and forth, it can always be worse? Talya came in to talk to me for a while to try to figure out a better diet for me, even though it clears up sometimes for a couple days I still have a real bad problem with gas and bloating. She would like to see me on a really specific diet but there's just not really a chef that can help me out with what I need, we haven't found one anyway. She's going to introduce me to one that's a little bit better for me but I really want to be loyal to the one I have because he is so awesome and helpful. I'm hoping that maybe I can work something out with him. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, the last week or so I've been getting really bad headaches and I think it's from being cold and stiff and stress. I was nice and relaxed after the bath and an application of some essential oils, so relax I fell right to sleep.

Tuesday was a pretty relaxing day, I feel much more relaxed than yesterday. Cindy came in and fed Robby and I, did a couple of things around here and put me on my side for the day. I watch the TV show Catfish and slept on and off again, it felt great. Rosa came in and put me back on my butt and did a couple things around here and then went home, when I don't get if there's not much to do.

Wednesday was kind of a nice day. Karen came in and got me up and since it was support group day I wanted to leave early and get over to the hospital so that if it rains I will at least already be there but I decided to take a detour over to the wharf, I love to watch the waves. It started out sunny so I didn't think I needed to rush over there. I made it over there about 1:30 PM and just hung out in the yoga room and waited for everyone else, Victor, Ken and Karen came in a little early so we all got caught up on everything. I thought because of the weather there would only be a few people but there were seven people showed up, I'm so impressed and excited. Foster from Shared Adventures came in to join us and share a few things, everything that he has done and accomplished is so impressive. When I got to the support group I noticed that the batteries on my chair were geting pretty low, I knew I shouldn't have cruised over to the boardwalk first… It's about 3 miles to the hospital. While I was at the meeting the indicator on my battery went back up and I was really glad to see that. I made it home but just as I got to the door and pulled up the app to open the door my phone died, I rang the bell several times but nobody heard me so I just tilted back and fell asleep. The door woke me up as my aunt came over to see what was going on, I was really glad to see her because it was really cold outside. She got worried when I wasn't here because it was after 4 PM, my caregiver usually comes in around 4 PM. The storms were so bad that her son had to come down from the hill and sleep in the back house, it's really bad up on bear Creek Road… Everywhere up there for that matter. Rosa came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, my body was so stiff and sore from the cold. Rosa said she called to tel me she was going to be late but of course I didn't get it because my phone died. It was nice to get back into bed, warm up and watch TV until I fell asleep.

Thursday was a pretty good day. It started out with the sun just like yesterday and just like yesterday the sun went away and it was overcast. Robby and I cruise downtown for my appointment with Carol, my psychologist. The time went by really fast and Robby and I had time to cruise down to the wharf before coming back for my appointment with Kay to get my hair done, she's been on vacation so it's been about a month or maybe longer so my hair really needs attention. After Kay left Rosa came in and put me to bed, after she fed me there wasn't a lot to do so she went home. It's kind of nice having my caregiver go home and having the whole house to myself for a while. I was looking on Facebook and I saw my brother Stanley check in in Saratoga, he's been driving Uber all day and said unless he gets somebody to go back that way he was just for you to come here to Santa Cruz and stay the night… What a cool job. He showed up around 10 PM and we talked for a while and then he went upstairs to check in with mom. I watch Dr. Phil until I fell asleep.

Friday was another beautiful day! Karen came in and got me up and Robby and I went for a nice long cruise through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive to the lighthouse Museum and back. I ran into Debra and her friend, Debra used to be my aunt's neighbor… She has a great little family! I run into her and her husband Clayton every once in a while and it's always a nice surprise. We cruise down to the end of the Santa Cruz wharf and back and down to the end of the boardwalk and back. There are so many logs and so much driftwood along the shore. We cruised back and rested for a bit until Meaghan came in to put me to bed and feed us. We did some personal care and of course my favorite nice long hot bath. I watched TV for a while and then fell asleep.

Saturday was a nice day but a little cold. Cindy came in and got me up and we went over to new leaf market to get some stuff for lunch and then we met Omar over at the storage unit to get everything organized. We decided to get the same storage bins so everything will stack easier so we put everything in the bins and got everything labeled, it will be so much easier from now on to find stuff in there. Meaghan came in and put me to bed, it's nice just to relax with my warm electric throw and watch TV after being in such a cold, dark and windy storage place all day.

Sunday was a pretty good day. Cindy came in and got me up And Robby and I went for a cruise through the lagoon and down to the end of the Santa Cruz wharf and back, it was really cold so I just wanted to get back to my warm house. I watched TV for a while until Meaghan came in to put me to bed. It was nice to be out and about but it's also nice to be home, in bed and warm at the end of the day.

1 comment:

betty said...

Tammie, we should be friends on Facebook! I can't remember your last name, otherwise I would send you a friend request, but my name is Betty Dmochowski Wooton. If you send me a friend request, I'll accept it :)

Robbie looked so comfortable sleeping!

I heard parts of California (San Diego area) had terrible storms yesterday with gusty winds. My brother lost power for close to 24 hours and my brother in law for about 12 hours.