Monday, March 3, 2014

This weather is so crazy…

 Monday was a pretty good day. When I got up it looked like it was going to be very warm. I went to lunch with Kelly and Heather, we went to Pono Hawaiian Grill and I had short ribs with carrots, broccoli and brown rice. We sat out on the patio and it was really nice but when we started walking home the wind kicked up and the sun went away. I was going to come home and rest for a bit and wait for the sun to come back out so I could take Robby for a cruise but that didn't happen. I rested for a bit and hung out with Heather until Rosa came to put me to bed.

Tuesday was a little disappointing, I ended up staying in bed. Kelly and I had plans to go look for a canopy for Saturday but that didn't happen. Jack from ATG called me in the morning and told me that he wouldn't be up to come out until 1 PM. We decided to do some personal care. Jack showed up at 1 PM and called into the manufacture of the chair to try to find out why the batteries are dying so quickly. When Elvis changed my batteries Friday morning he didn't tell me that the chair needed to be charged before I go anywhere, I wouldn't have gone anywhere if you would've told me that. Their opinion was that I need to charge my chair for a couple of days and it will work fine or it is the unit that I had put on my chair… A year and a half ago… To plug in my electric throw. Why don't they just say that they don't know?? I told them that when my battery goes dead and I sit around for about an hour it recharges so doesn't sound like it's really the battery? Now I have to drive in for a couple of days to find out, I guess that's better than them taken it into the shop and me staying in bed for a couple of days. It's apostolate in the next couple of days so hopefully I just won't get stranded somewhere. Rosa came in and I got a nice long hot bath and I feel really great.

Wednesday was a really good day. It rained practically all day and I loved it, we really need it. I'm not real thrilled about being out in it but only because I don't want the controls on my wheelchair to get wet, tomorrow I'm going to try some Saran wrap and see if that works. Kelly and I set out to find the canopy to put over the carport in case it rains on Saturday when the band is here, it's not supposed to but you never know. Kelly suggested we let them play in the garage and that is a great idea but we wanted to get the canopies just in case. We started out at Costco and couldn't really find what we wanted, I think most of the Cosco ones are online. While we were there we got stuff for the green drink that we have every morning. We bypassed the food which was really hard, I love the hot dogs and the chicken bakes. We decided to stop at the Cruise Café to have something for lunch, I love that place.  We decided to split the calamari sandwich and a roasted chicken, beet and avocado salad with romaine lettuce and blue cheese. It was crowded when we got there but a lot less crowded when we left. We went across the street to Home Depot and found what we were looking for, not really what we were looking for but they will do. I came home and rested for a while and then rose again to put me to bed. It's Wednesday so you know what that means? Cribbage! We had five people so we didn't play with partners and I think I like that better because I won eight dollars, if you have a partner you have to split it with them.

Thursday was a pretty crazy day. The weather was really nice. Kay came over to dye, highlight and cut my hair. Every time she doesn't I love it even more. She brought her two little dogs, she has a terrier mix and a Chihuahua. We left the door open so both the dogs and us could go outside so of course where is the first place that Robby heads? The front yard where all the stray cats come and poop, he loves to dig stuff up and needed when he thinks nobody is looking. It only took about two or three minutes for me to get somebody out there to grab him and he immediately started acting really weird. She was very antsy and he kept running around and whining, he threw up about four times so I decided to call the vet to see what they think. They said to watch them for a while and if he doesn't get any better to bring him in, we ended up bringing him in. While we're waiting to find out what was wrong with him Kay dyed, highlighted and cut my hair. I had a doctors appointment with Dr. Owens later on in the afternoon so I called the vet to find out how Robby was doing. They said he was still acting very strange and they wanted to do more tests and x-rays, I was getting really worried. Dr. Owen said the reason that she called me to her office was to let me know that there was a couple of problems with my blood test. My liver function was not good, I now have diabetes and sleep apnea so I have to wear one of those CPAP things on my face. The good news is that it could just be a temporary thing. When I got back home Dr. Dave called from the vet's office and said that Robby ate the tennis ball or something and had a blockage but now it's just irritated so we needed to take him home give him small meals every couple of hours and watch him all night, if he gets worse we need to take him to the emergency. Teresa agreed to take him home and watch him, she planned on staying up and studying anyway and she lives close to the emergency vet. When she brought him home he was acting okay just a little tired and lethargic, I really love that little guy and I hope is going to be okay. After I went to bed I started reading a lot about how to take your yourself if you are diabetic. I messaged Heather cooks for me and she said that she was going to help me out, I just need to get rid of all of my cozy shack putting that I love to have for dessert and quit eating the delicious popcorn that my uncle brings over every Wednesday. I still have a lot to learn about what I need to eat and what I can't but I'm ready, I'm not going to end up one of those people who doesn't take care of their body. I need to start exercising also and this is a good incentive.

Friday I stayed in bed and it rained really hard all day. Robby was still not feeling well and still over at Teresa's, he seems to be feeling better but he's just not drinking water… Robby loves water. Teresa came over to show the new girl around a little bit and they cleaned up the front bedroom and the back porch, they moved some of the furniture in the garage where Roberts band was going to play. My aunt and uncle, Kelly and my mom and I decided to play cribbage. You can win a lot more money when you play with five people because there are no partners. Just as we were finishing up our last game my brother Stanley and my nephew Robert showed up, what a nice surprise. We started to watch a movie but Stanley and I fell asleep so my mom and Robert botch the end of it by themselves, who was called Harvey or something like that… There was about a man who was followed around by a six-foot rabbit.

Saturday was a really great day. Lisa came and got me up in record time, the scrawl is awesome. She put up these two 10' x 10' canapés like it was nothing, she said she had done it before but I couldn't believe how fast she did it. She decorated everything a little bit and it looks really nice. The rest of my nephews band showed up and we ate. Kelly made a bunch of different kinds of salad and bought ingredients to grill a bunch of different kinds of pizza, everything was amazing. After everybody ate way too much the band played, they sounded awesome. They set themselves up in the garage because although it wasn't supposed to rain it did often on until they started playing and then there was beautiful. A couple of my caregiver showed up to enjoy the concert and the phone with us, it was really nice to see them. Teresa came by to make sure that the new caregiver was comfortable with putting me to bed and then she went home. It is so nice to have two new awesome caregivers that learn fast and can pretty much do anything. Life is great!

Sunday was an okay day. It was supposed to rain from 10 AM until 3 PM so I decided to stay in bed and guess what?? The sun was in and out must of the day. I slept on and off so that was good. Robby seems to be doing better but he still is not drinking any water. Teresa made him some watery butternut squash soup so we can get some liquid in him. He's eating rice, salmon and pumpkin and of course he loves that. Will call the vet tomorrow morning and see what they say. Teresa came by and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. About 3 AM Robby won't be up whining so I called my mom down and he didn't even wait for her, he just rushed out to the dog run and peed for a long time, he ran back to her and then ran back and pizza more… Where is all of this liquid coming from? He came in and of course didn't drink any water but now he's sleeping peacefully… Now I'm wide awake and worrying. I love this little guy!

1 comment:

betty said...

I hope Robby is okay, Tammie. Worried about him too! Looks like a nice gathering you had with the band though!