Sunday, February 23, 2014

We got a couple of good days of rain…

 Monday was another really nice day, not too hot and not too cold. I of course took Robby a long cruise and then I came home and recharge my battery and took Robby to the vet. His ears have been really read and really dirty and of course he has an ear infection, luckily we caught it early so won't bother him too much. I got to talk to Dr. Dave, I can never remember his last name but he's always so much fun to talk to. I ran into him a lot while out and about, he's a very busy guy. I came home and rested for a bad and Rosa came in and put me to bed. Heather made some killer ribs, while some greens and amazing asparagus… I felt like I was in heaven.

Tuesday was a really nice day. I got up and took Robby will really nice long cruise, our usual cruise around Santa Cruz. I took my Google gloss out and although pretty much took a lot of the same pictures I already have it's great to have them on, I need to find some new places to take pictures. It was getting a little cold so I decided to come home and kick back and watch TV for a little while. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I fell right asleep, I woke up as she was leaving and of course now I'm wide awake.

Wednesday was such a great and productive day. After I got up Kelly took Karen and I to Costco for a much-needed trip, I was getting low on everything. I love taking Karen because she just zips through, grabs stuff and piles it in the cart just like that game Tetris… Everything fits perfectly. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon and back and then I went with Tom and Kelly to the farmers market. We were all starving so the first thing we did was eat, Kelly and I split a garbanzo bean naan wrap and we got a chili rellenos burrito but can only eat about a third of it… It was awesome. I got some stuff for salads and we came on home. I rested for a while and then Rosa came to put me to bed and feed me, I usually only eat twice a day but would you believe I forgot that I ate at the farmers market so I ate again. I sometimes wonder whether I really feel empty/full or if it's just time to eat and I eat. My uncle and aunt, Kelly and my mom came down to play cribbage. Since there was five people there were no partners, it's every person for themselves. I lost two dollars.

Thursday was another great day, I really love this weather but I know it will be more needs to be over soon. I got up and took Robby on our regular, low battery, cruise around Santa Cruz. I came back and rested for a bit and Teresa came by and also a new girl that we hired xiaona. We interviewed her last Friday and we both liked her immediately so we decided to give her a try. She did really good last night, we usually have the girls watch the first night and then if she needs help we're right there… She just jumped in and wanted to do everything. Although that will be nice to have two new people it still really hard to have new people for caregivers, I don't know if I can ever explain why. I just wish we could jump ahead a couple of months when I'm really going to be comfortable with them. It's especially hard when there's two at one time because I can't help my mind from going to wishing somebody familiar was coming in. I should be glad because both of the new ladies are extremely awesome and pick everything up really fast. I guess it just takes a while to get used to somebody new looking at your stuff is.

Friday was a really good day. I was supposed to meet Teresa and Alex for lunch and a movie but the guy that was coming to bring the new batteries for my chair came right before I was supposed to leave, of course I cannot be in the chair when he changes the batteries so I had to text them and tell them I was going to be late. Luckily I was only 12 minutes late and they were just having a drink at the bar. We have a really nice lunch at a place called Pono Hawaii and grill. I had been there once with Heather and really enjoyed it and I really enjoyed it this time also so we're definitely going back. We wanted to see in secret with Jessica Lange but they change the times so we ended up seeing 12 years a slave, it was a really good movie but it made me really angry at some parts and really sad at some parts… By the end I was crying. I came back out of the theater and my battery was almost dead, I'm so frustrated that it always happens at 4 PM on Friday meeting. I called Elvis, he's the tech that brought out the batteries and change them, and left him a message. I also called the company grew from me on hold for half an hour and they didn't answer the phone when I finally hung up and called back. The lady finally called back and said that there was a possibility that if we charge the batteries overnight they will be fully charged and work as they should, I really hope so because it's not really worth getting up if I can only go 2 miles before my batteries in my chair die. I would like to be able to go to the clam chowder bake-off tomorrow at the Boardwalk. This was her second day of training the new girl, she is doing really well and she's just so cute. She basically put me to bed by herself today and took really good care of Robby.

Saturday was another gorgeous day, just keep them coming. I got up and cruise Robby through the lagoon, down Westcliff and back, to the end of the wharf and back and down to the boardwalk for the clam chowder cookoff. I usually don't go to these things, although I would love to, because they are so crowded I can't even get through and I'm afraid somebody is going to stumble or fall on Robby. I went there early to cruise around and get pictures before the crowds came, I got some really good pictures and met some really funny people. By the time I got down to the end of the boardwalk and started back it was a 12:45, the taste testing started at one, so I pretty much had to be escorted through the crowd to the nearest entrance/exit. This very nice lady took it upon herself to be my escort, she was so sweet and everybody just moved aside for her. I ran into Heather, I was hoping I would. I cruised home and of course my battery was dead, I'm getting really tired of this. Luckily the guy will be here on Monday so I can just keep my cruising down to a couple of hours I will be okay. Rosa came and put me to bed, we did some personal care and I got a nice long hot bath. Her daughter brought us some food that Rosen made earlier and it was awesome, chicken, pinto beans and Spanish rice and she made me a salad. Such an awesome day.

Sunday was a pretty good day although I stayed in bed. My NEW batteries for my chair that they put in on Friday were almost dead after 6 miles, they should go away longer than that. Of course it's Friday at 4:00 PM so I'm stuck until Monday. I called and they put me on hold for half an hour and minute for 30 I decided to hang up and call back and they answer the phone so I left them kind of a nasty message and they called back. They said the technician will be over here on Monday to figure out what's wrong with the chair, I see no chair in my future for a couple of days. I came back and hung out in the sun with Robby for a couple of hours and then Rosa came to put me to bed, do some personal care and a nice long hot bath. Roses daughter came and brought us dinner and it was awesome, chicken, pinto beans and Spanish rice… All my favorites. My uncle came over to see if we wanted to play cribbage, of course we do. We ended up with five people to play cribbage so there were no partners, I lost three dollars and I got skunked once. The popcorn is always good.

1 comment:

betty said...

I do hope by now you got the batteries for your chair, Tammie, so you can continue cruising along. The pictures from the cook off looked interesting. I always like to see whatever pictures you take from Google Glass, even if they are repeats from areas before; you live in such a pretty area like I said before!