Monday, February 17, 2014

The rain is here, finally…

 Monday was a beautiful day outside, unfortunately I had to stay inside again… This is really really getting old. I got all of my personal care done so that's good. There wasn't time for a nice long hot bath and I will get back in the morning before I get up. I watched a couple of episodes of 90 day fiancé and a couple rounds of wicked women.Heather came over today and cooked a bunch of stuff, it smelled wonderful. My aunt came over and told me that my cousin is doing really good, that is really awesome news. He staying at a care facility so is really motivated to get up and get around so he can go home. My uncle brought me over some pork roast, mashed potatoes and gravy and an artichoke. It was great.

Tuesday was an awesome day. I got a nice long hot bath and got up and the sun was out, I haven't seen my old friend the sun for a long time. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the boardwalk and back and home… It felt wonderful. I found a spot on the boardwalk overlooking the ocean and the wharf and just laid back and enjoy the sun and the beautiful view. There was only a few scattered people, that's how I like it. As I was leaving the boardwalk towards home I noticed that I only had to read bars left on my chair battery, unbelievable. Jack was supposed to find out about the batteries and bring them here, he said they have them in stock in the shop but maybe he forgot. I will call them tomorrow. I came home and talked to Omar for a while, he's leaving on Sunday to go to Mexico for three months… What am I going to do without him? I am excited for him because he is so excited, it will go by fast. Rosa came in and we did some personal care and I got to just relax for a little while.

Wednesday was another great day, not as warm as yesterday but it was nice. I cruised Robby through the lagoon and then went to meet Cassie for sushi, and seen her for a long time so was nice to catch up. She left me a message on Facebook and said that she moved in to an apartment complex the next street over, where neighbors again. I cruised Robby down to the end of the wharf and back and while I was headed there I ran into Seth on his bicycle so he cruised down there with us. My battery was getting low and it was getting close to 4 PM so I decided to cruise home to get there before Rosa. Rosa put me to bed, I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open but is Wednesday so our day to play cards. I fought sleep all the way through and of course now that everybody left and wide-awake, what is up with that?? Tom and Kelly came back and Kelly played cribbage with us, Lee was sick.

Thursday was a pretty good day. I got to take Robby for a short cruise through the lagoon, down to the end of the boardwalk and back. I had Teresa pick me up in the parking lot by the wharf because we were going to Watsonville to get my bone density scan. Of course since we were going to Watsonville we had to go to the wooden nickel, they have French onion soup on Thursdays. We each got a bowl of French onion soup and split an order of onion rings, it was so good. When we got to Watsonville Hospital they said they didn't have my order, the lady I talked to at Dominican told me she was going to send it over there. They eventually found it and it turned out to be really simple, they just transferred me to a gurney and then slid me over to the scan table. I'm glad I got that done. We came home and had an interview with the potential caregiver, she seemed like she knew what she was doing so we will see what happens. Teresa put me to bed and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. Before the scan I took two lorazepam pills, last time they told me that if I moved they would not be able to do the test again and I would have to come back so I wanted to make sure I was really relaxed… I was. I don't remember a lot of the personal care and I was awake during the bath but fell right asleep when she put me back to bed and slept all night long until Karen got here at 7 AM, I never do that and it felt great.

Friday was a pretty good day, a little cold but it was nice. I got up and took Robby for cruise through the lagoon and down to the end of the wharf and back, I didn't want to waste my battery because I had plans later in the afternoon. I met Teresa and Alex at the Nickelodeon theater and saw Gloria, it was a really good movie. Alex brought Teresa and I this adorable glass Swan with a rose in it, she is always so thoughtful. I came back and we had another interview that also went great, it's going to be hard to choose. Teresa put me to bed and give me something to eat, chicken, carrots and kale.

Saturday was a good day. After only a couple of days Lisa got me out and she did a great job. I cruised Robby through the lagoon, halfway to the lighthouse and back and down to the end of the wharf and back expecting my battery to be really low but it wasn't. I got some Ugg ear warmers at Costco and they worked great, if I can keep my ears and my neck warm I do okay out of the cold. I came back in my evening caregiver called and said that she wouldn't be here until 6 PM, her uncle was in the hospital. I felt really bad for making her come in but I just had her throw me in bed, feed me and Robby and go.

Sunday was such a beautiful day, it got to 74° here. I wasn't going to get up because my stomach was hurting again, right in the center and the top part… I'm glad I did. My niece message the night before and asked if she could come and spend the day here with a friend so I wanted to be up and around. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, to the end of the wharf and back into the end of the boardwalk and back… Santa Cruz was really crowded yesterday. I ran into Josh and his family, he was the one that has been doing most of the work and my house. Everybody was enjoying such a beautiful day. I noticed that my battery was low again so I headed home, I must remember to call them tomorrow. Teresa came and we did some personal care and I got my usual nice long hot bath, it felt so great that I needed it so much.

1 comment:

betty said...

Glad you had a chance to get out and cruise around the days you did, Tammie. We have been so spoiled by the nice weather we have had this winter compared to other parts of the country. I hear it is supposed to be nearing 80 here this weekend!

betty