Sunday, February 2, 2014

I give up on trying to figure out this weather…

 Monday was a great day.I got up just in time for my appointment with Jack, he came to check to see why my batteries are running down so fast. He said everything looked great but it's been doing it for several days so he's just got to go ahead and order me some new batteries, I hope it doesn't take as long as it took for my seat cover. I took Robby for cruise through the lagoon and down to the lighthouse Museum and back, I wish I could stay longer and gone further because the weather was gorgeous. I came back and Teresa took me to my appointment at Dominican rehab to meet with Andrei to fix the laterals on my chair, I think we really got it this time. We ran into Roger and he had already moved into his new office and loves it, it's right on the corner by the lobby so he can see everything… He looks really happy. I came home just in time for Rosa to put me to bed, she switched Sunday's for Tuesday's so Teresa could rest and study before she goes to school on Wednesdays. There's this place in Los Gatos called the cancer store, my uncle goes there almost every day, he came in today to show me his banana yellow sweatsuit…it looked good on him and it fit him well. I watched about five episodes of Dr. Phil and hopefully now I will be able to go to sleep.

Tuesday was a pretty good day. I got up a little bit late and wanted to take Robby for cruise but Jack was coming over from Numobility, used to be ATG rehab, to check my batteries. You tested him and said there was nothing wrong but they shouldn't be dying after 6 miles so he's going to order me some new ones. I got to take Robby on a little cruise through the lagoon, down West Cliff to the lighthouse Museum and back before my appointment with Andrei at Dominican rehab. I manage a larger on the way and he looked so happy, he finally got out of his little hole in the wall office and into a really nice  office where he can actually see people. We talked to him for a couple of minutes and then went to find Andrei. He fixed my lateral and it felt pretty good, I hope this is it. Teresa brought me home just in time for Rosa to put me to bed. I had a headache from the glue that Andrei used on my lateral side took a couple of Tylenol PMs and went to sleep for a little bit, that helped.

Wednesday was kind of a disappointing day. I wanted to get up and cruise Robby around and go to the farmers market and meet Rosa seconded some solid stuff. For some reason I was really bloated Sony decided to some personal care instead, needless to say I ended up staying in bed.  Cribbage was called off for tonight because my cousin Rich fell at work and broke his ankle, he was in an ambulance on the way to the hospital. I feel so bad,  he is such a good guy and how such bad luck. I hope it is just really badly sprained and not broken but we didn't sign like that was the case. I have a couple of movies that I don't pay per view so I guess I'll just relax and watch those.

 Thursday was a pretty good day. It started out sunny but windy and it was really nice as we cruised through the lagoon but got a lot more windy the father down Westcliff Drive that we went so we discerned around at the lighthouse Museum. We cruised into the end of the wharf and then back home. My cousin Rich should have never went home. They stuck them in his easy chair and then during the night he decided to go to his bed, when you don't feel well you want to be home and in your own bed. He woke up the next morning and just could not move and nobody could touch him, no matter how many pain pills he took she was in excruciating pain. My  Uncle and aunt came and got my lift  and borrowed one of my slings and my portable wheelchair potty and went up the shield to see if they could get him comfortable, they couldn't even touch him without inflicting a lot of pain. They finally decided to just call an ambulance and have them come and get him and take him back to the hospital where he should have been.  They did a CT scan and found that he had cracked his As well as his head and that's why he was in so much pain. Thank goodness they left him there for a couple of days so they can watch him, thank goodness he didn't break anything. I rested for a while because my battery was dead and I didn't have any choice and then Teresa came and put me to bed. We did some personal care I got to take a nice long hot bath.

 Friday we were going to have a really productive day but it didn't quite turn out that way. I didn't eat or drink anything in the morning so we got my blood work done, that's good. We called to set up a bone density and Dominican Hospital told us that we needed to go to Watsonville Hospital because they have a left and they are set up to get me out of the chair and on the table. I hadn't been to the Woodenn Nickel for a long time so I was excited to go since it was an Watsonville. Teresa and I split the calamari burger and had french fries and onion rings, needless to say we brought most of the onion rings and french fries phone but the lady told us a great way to warm them up. We went on over to Watsonville Hospital and of course they didn't have my order for my bone density. After calling several places, including Dr. Owen's office where they told us she was with the patient, we just figured that the order was at Dominican and we would have to straighten it out and come back, usually the story of our life. It's okay because the lady at the wooden nickel told us that on Thursdays they have killer ball of onion soup so religious come back on Thursday. On the way home we stopped by the Chinese restaurant that had shut down for a while so we wanted to try it and see if it was as good as it used to be, it was. We got the house chow mein and potstickers, we were both craving potstickers.
Definitely be going back. After we ate at the wooden nickel we went decided that I might be a good idea for me to take two of my lorazepam's because you only get one chance at the bone density test and if I were to have a spasm I would have to come back again and try it. So unfortunately I was pretty worthless the rest of the day and I barely remember Teresa putting me to bed and feeding me chow mein and potstickers, luckily there was some left over so I can try it again today. I did get a really good nights sleep and I didn't wake up until 4 AM.

Saturday was a pretty good day. I got up and the weather was kind of nice. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, tried to drink some tea and it would come out so I came back home and got my teeth fixed, cruised back through the lagoon again, upon Bay Street, down Westcliff Drive and back down to the bridge that overlooks the wharf, saw how crowded it was and came back home. I sat around and watched TV for a while and then Rosa came and put me to bed. I watched the rest of the American horror story: Coven and tried to go to sleep but I couldn't because my stomach was so bloated, it was so miserable.

Sunday was a really long and good and bad day. I wanted to get up so we can happily some practice one last time before she's on her own but that didn't happen. Last night my stomach are really bloated so I finally called my mom to come down and give me some episodes are at 3 AM. By the time Lisa got here at 7 AM I was still miserable and didn't even want to move. Lisa gave Robby a bath, made me some tea and cleaned out the pantry while we waited for Teresa. We got a lot of cupboards and drawers straightened out in my room, it's really looking nice and I hope it stays that way. After Lisa left we tried to do some personal care because I was a mess, every time I lay down my blood pressure got really high and I had to sit back up again. It was just miserable. We finally made a little bit of progress and just decided to wait and see what was going to happen. I'm feeling much better and watching 2020.

1 comment:

betty said...

Your poor cousin with his ankle and other problems; hope he makes a quick recovery. Sorry about your health issues too, Tammie! Not fun to be feeling bloated and such!

betty