Sunday, January 26, 2014

It's cooling down a bit, I hope we get some rain soon…

 Monday was a pretty good day. I got a massage, and got up and got dressed for the day. Teresa took Karen and I to Costco to get a bunch of stuff I needed. Karen doesn't drive and Teresa doesn't like going into Costco so she drove us and waited out in the van with Robby. I had an English muffin and some kiwi for breakfast and then my aunt brought over a bagel with cream cheese so I had to eat that. At Costco I got a hot dog and that should've been enough. We have an appointment at 4 PM to interview the girl who applied for the weekend morning job. Her name was Lisa and her resume and schedule were really well organized, she seems awesome. We had said that we were going to hire anybody on the spot anymore because the last couple of times we do that turned out really bad but we both really liked everything about this girl so she starts Saturday. She's going to school to be an RN, she already has  a job, she knows CPR, she drives and she loves to organize. I'm so excited about this girl. Rosa came in and got me something to eat, I shouldn't have eaten anymore  but I had some tilapia and a salad. I was still hungry so I have a couple pieces of bacon and some rice pudding, I don't know what is wrong with me today but I can't stop eating. We did some personal care and I got to take my well needed nice long hot bath.

Tuesday was a little cold but it was still nice. I got ready to take Robby for cruise when Andrei called and said he had a cancellation and he could come here and fixed my laterals on my chair. My neck, back and shoulders are so sore from not being properly aligned in my chair. I did notice it that much when it was cold and I didn't say up in my chair long but now that the weather is nice I'm staying up longer and my body is feeling it. He adjusted my laterals and it felt so much better, he is such an awesome and caring guy… And he's funny.  I cruised Robby around a little bit through the lagoon and to the wharf and back. My usual route is through the lagoon and up through the Bay St., Park. When I was by the Boardwalk I ran into a lady and her dog and she recognized me from cruising through the park, she lives in a yellow bungalow across the street. I came back because Kelly invited me over for lunch. She has been shooting pictures for a fish company so they sent her a bunch of frozen fresh fish and after she takes pictures she gets to eat it,  I had some tuna steaks the other night and they were awesome. She had some smoked tuna that she cut really thin and made a salad, it was perfect. I came home and Teresa put me to bed and I had some boar salami and some cowgirl cheese. I rested for the rest of the night and watched TiVo.

Wednesday was such a nice day. We showed the housekeeper sister what we needed as far as caregiving, she has done it before, and she will let us know if she is interested in the job. They took Robby for a really long cruise with my Google glass and kind of lost track of time, not that I had anything to do  but my battery is not lasting as long as it used to. I cruise through the lagoon, up through Bay St., Park and down W. Cliff Dr., I was going to go down to the wharf when I noticed I had to red bars flashing on my wheelchair battery indicator so I decided to come home. I plugged my chair in for a little bit to get recharged and then went down to the farmers market with Tom and Kelly. I didn't get a lot of stuff because I had just ordered a bunch of stuff from Santa Cruz local foods. I want to start eating salads again in the farmers market has awesome stuff for salads. They came back and rested for a bit and chatted with Kelly until Rosa got here to for me to bed. I barely had time to eat when everybody showed up to play cards, it's getting earlier and earlier and I like that because we can play longer but sometimes Rosa doesn't get there until 4:30 PM or 5 PM and I end up eating fast or not eating as much as I would like to. While we were at the farmers market we got a lemon and buttermilk pie, everybody LOVED it. Everybody as in Lee and Claudia, my uncle and Kelly and my mom and I… It's Wednesday and cribbage night. My aunt couldn't make it so Kelly played instead, she was my partner and we won a dollar. I have been having really good hands the last couple of weeks, bring it on family.

Thursday was a pretty crazy day. For the last two nights my house alarm has been keeping me up so I decided to call the company and they said it would be  $100 for them to come out and $60 to replace the battery. My other option was to go to RadioShack and buy a new battery for $40,  unhook the old one  and hook this one up. He gave me the information on the type of battery and I headed down to RadioShack, the lady there told me that my best bet was to bring the battery in because it was hard to tell by just the size. I headed back home to grab the battery and pass Karen on the way, I guess I'll see if my mom can unhook the battery. Of course she could, she can pretty much do anything. I had a dentist appointment so I headed down there thinking I would cross over and hit RadioShack on the way back. Instead of the technician who usually cleans my teeth it was the doctor, a real test. He said I needed to have the inside of the bottom of my teeth cleaned better and I need to use floss, they always tell me that. I have a lot of flosser but the doctor said he's convinced that they work as well as just regular floss so I will try that. I went down to RadioShack and this guy was really nice and helpful, he found the battery I needed and changed the wires so would be easier to install. At the last minute I asked him if I needed the wires that were on the old one so he decided to check and thank goodness he did, I would've gotten all the way back here and don't enable to install it because there was no wires and it would have had to go all the way back again. Teresa came and we did some personal care and I didn't have a chance to get a nice long hot bath because we had to do the sleep study. My doctor decided to send me to a sleep clinic so they sent us home with this unit to strap on my chest. There was one of those little finger monitors that had a light on it and I had to put this breathing hose in my nose, I really hope I get this right because I don't want to do this again. I turned everything off and I actually managed to make myself go to sleep for about five or six hours, I hope that is enough. I woke up at 3 o'clock because my computer shut down and was making a weird beeping sound, I would just let it go but Robby was freaking out. Because jumping up on my bed and running around to the back of the computer and he just wouldn't settle down. Of course my computers down so I can call my mom but luckily I put a leash on my table and I was finally able to hold my table close enough to me to hit the call button. My mom came down and fixed everything but now I can't sleep.

Friday was a really great day. The guy from Lodi that I ordered my Adirondack/wine barrel table and chairs was delivering them himself, I guess he makes a man delivers them and boy are they gorgeous.  I used to live in Lodi so we started talking about it and I asked him about a couple of places that we used to eat that a lot and they are not only still there but his family's favorite. There was a place called Chop Chop that was right down the street from where we lived, they had the best garlic fried chicken, that was Ray's favorite also. They said I wish I would've known because I would've bought you some, okay now you have to order more furniture so I can have garlic fried chicken… I saw a really awesome bench and table set that he has. There was also a place I remembered called Angelenas, they had a restaurant and a deli. He also is there with his family a lot, this guy has really good taste. I took while before cruise through the lagoon and almost down to the lighthouse and back. I ran into this guy that I see up there a lot and he said "hello, I live in the apartment complex right behind your house" I talked to him for a few minutes and he was impressed with my Google class and wanted to try them on and check them out so I let him, he was a very sweet guy named Mark. I looked at the time and it was 12:35 PM, I was supposed to meet Teresa, Alex and Karen down at the Nickelodeon theater to watch a movie called August: Osage County. It was really really good movie and we all enjoyed it very much, we talked about going and seeing it again. Right down the street was Jack's hamburgers so we stopped in there to get something to eat, this is only my second time here but they are really really good. Teresa and I came back and hung out with Alex for a while and then she put me to bed and went home to get some sleep because she's coming back in the morning to help train Lisa, I'm really excited about Lisa and I think she's going to work out.

 Saturday was a little cooler than it has been, I think were supposed to get rain at the end of next week. Teresa trained a new girl named Lisa, were both very impressed with her during the interview and she didn't let us down. She is great. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, to the end of the second dog beach and back and my battery was already flushing to red bars so I came home. I can't wait until the guy comes out to check my batteries, I know they should be Diane this quick. Rosa came in and put me to bed and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, it sure felt great.

Sunday was a really great day. It was a little cold in the morning but the sun came out and it was tolerable. It was the second day of training Lisa and I can't believe it but she's even better than the first day, her and Teresa even cleaned HALF of my garage and it looks amazing. They're going to do the other half next week. I cruised Robby through the lagoon, through Bay St., Park and down Westcliff Drive until I saw a bunch of tents and a barbecue, there was some kind of competition going on and way too many people and dogs for me so we turned around and went down to the wharf. I saw this guy walking towards me pointing and waving and assumed he was addressing somebody behind me so I moved over to go around them, he stepped in front of me and I suddenly recognized him. It was Rosie, our families grew up together and him and his wife and my parents were really good friends so we got to be really good friends with their kids, they still keep up with them on Facebook as well as him. He was with the wife of another friend that we grow up with, her and her husband are divorced.  It was really great to see him, he said it had been five years, time is going by way too fast. I came home and marveled at my garage for a while and then came in to charge my chair. Lexi came over for a while, I haven't seen her since Christmas so it was great to see her, and then set came over.  My aunt called to let me know that we were having dinner here and they were bringing in over, it was my cousin and his daughter's birthday. My uncle and aunt cooked ribs, made a pasta salad with shrimp, artichokes and garlic bread… The beat just fell off the bones. My aunt got some cupcakes and of course I took pictures with my Google glass. Rosa came in and put me to bed.

1 comment:

betty said...

Cute pictures of the party, Tammie, and I love your chairs you got! Sounds like a winner with Lisa; hope she continues to work out!