Sunday, January 19, 2014

Back in the 70s again this week…

Monday was a great day. I got my two hour massage, ate some mustard chicken, golden beets and greens and got up for the day. It felt so great to be out in the weather was perfect. Robby and I went out for a cruise through the lagoon, down Westcliff Drive to the second dog Beach where we ran into Kristof, down to the end of the boardwalk and back. I really didn't want to come home because it was so beautiful out. I decided that I'm going to start working with Robby throughout the day instead of waiting until I get home because I almost never happens and it's working out great. He's still a little anxious around some dogs, just random dogs, but hopefully if he gets plenty of exercise and we work on it we can do something about it. I rested for a bit and then roast became and put me to bed. I was looking on Facebook and I saw this recipe for this coconut custard dish and wouldn't you know I had all the ingredients so Rosa made it for me, it was killer. I went through some more old pictures and added some more to my iPhoto library.
Tuesday was another beautiful day, I can't believe how perfect it is outside. I'm so glad that everyone has gone back to school or work because that means I can cruise around almost anywhere and hardly run into anyone. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, down to the end of the boardwalk and back and home. I feel like I have a great day if I can cruise will be around for at least 7 miles, I'm so afraid of him getting overweight or bored. I'm always torn on Tuesdays because I feel better after going to the chiropractor but it always cuts made a short, my appointment is usually around 2 PM. On the way home I decided I had a craving for Taco Bell tacos, I don't know why I just love Taco Bell. I had a ranch taco and a cheddar taco and enjoy them very much.

Wednesday was an awesome day. I was going to go to lunch and see a movie with Teresa and Karen met Teresa canceled and Karen said it is such a beautiful day that I should run Robby and we can go to a movie when the weather is not so nice, she is so thoughtful. Robby and I went for an extra long cruise all over Santa Cruz. My phone is not sending texts the last couple of days so I cruised down to the AT&T store to see if they can help me out, I was thinking about it last night and I'm into just shut my phone on and off to see if that helps so when I get down there guess what they have me do? That's right shut it off and on and lo and behold… At least now I can text and I know what to do next time. The guy told me I should shut it off every two or three days and he explained the reason but although my body was still there my mind was outdoors trying to decide where I was good to go next so I don't remember what he said. Westcliff Drive and the wharf were not crowded at all so we made the most of it. I came home and rested for a bit and Rosa came in to put me to bed. My cousin is a food photographer and somebody sent her a bunch of fish to photograph so of course she gets to eat it after and I told her that I would be glad to help her out. She was on a job in Sacramento so her husband Tom brought me over some tuna and I looked up how to sear it and had for dinner, Rosa did a great job and it was perfect. My uncle and aunt, Lee and Claudia and my mom and I played cards and ate salami, cheese and crackers. My brother brought over this huge round smoked  Provolone cheese log so we decided to break into it, it was so good. My uncle was my partner and we lost a dollar so I can live with it. Life is great.
Thursday was another awesome day. I know we need the rain but I am just loving this beautiful weather. Kay came by and colored, highlighted and cut my hair… I feel so lucky to have finally found somebody who cuts my hair perfectly and she comes to the house. It was such a beautiful day we did most of it outside on my back porch. I took Robby and went for a cruise through the lagoon, down to the lighthouse Museum and back. I ran into a guy I met a while back that helps out with the Segway Tours, he says he's not helping out too much right now because it's slow but I'm sure you'll be back up on his Segway helping out Tammy this summer. I came back and she reciprocally to bed, we did some personal care and I got a nice long hot bath… Now if I could only go to sleep. She recooked the tuna, it's okay to eat it like this but it's really supposed to be white in the middle. It was so good, I had it with most of brussels sprouts and some greens. I saw a box sitting on the end of the bench underneath the window and when Teresa opened it I was so excited, I finally got my Google gloss new edition back, I can't wait to get up tomorrow and try them out and see what the improvements are.

Friday was also an awesome day. I feel so lucky but feel so bad, I'm really enjoying this great weather but I really feel bad that it's not raining. I wish it would be like this all day and then rain all night long.  I put my new Google  glass on excited to go out and take pictures and see if I could figure out why I traded them in as new and improved. I couldn't get past pairing them with my phone, believe me I tried several times, so I decided to put them away and try to figure it out later. Robby and I went on our regular cruise enjoying the last day before the crowds come back to Santa Cruz for the weekend. I cruised around as much as I can before once again my battery was running  on only one red bar, time to come home. Teresa came and put me to bed and brought me some chicken, sausage, potato and kale stew… I love that stuff.  She helped me with Google glass support and we got it to work, we just had to delete the old glass and install the new one. I am ready to go tomorrow.

Saturday was another great day. Teresa came in and made me some breakfast pizzas, I had some biscuits made and she made some homemade sauce. She got me dressed and got me up And I took out with my new Google glass, I took pictures of everything. I didn't notice anything new so I need to read up on what is different from the old glass. I had hoped that while taking a picture you can somehow zoom and get the pictures closer but it didn't say if it was there. The pictures are still great quality and I guess we'll just take more time to find out what the changes are. A couple of years back I met a guy who was CCI puppy raiser, he was raising a puppy named Lillian. I ran into him a couple times but they didn't see him anymore until today… I was cruising down Westcliff and I saw a guy with a golden lab puppy and when I walked by he turned around like he saw me and said hello. He introduced himself, his name was Scott, and I remembered him but for some reason I thought his puppy's name was Daisy. Apparently Lillian did not pass CCI guidelines so he got to keep her, that's great for him. We visited for a couple of minutes and then he told me that he lived over by this really nice dog park and said I should give it a try, Robby is getting to be a little leery around dogs and I want to break him of the habit. I have been thinking that it's me giving him my tension when dogs go by and I proved that today, I made myself just relax every time we went by a dog and he was fine… I need to work on me. Scott left me a message on my cell phone and gave me his address so that he or his wife could meet Bobby and I down at the dog park with Lillian and we could watch them play. We cruise down Westcliff Drive and I ran into my neighbor John, I was using the voice command to take a picture with Google glass and I think he thought I was on the phone so he stepped back and said I'm sorry. I told him I was talking to my Google glass and did he ever see them before and he said no but I have now. We cruise down to the second dog Beach and then down to the end of the wharf and back, I kept thinking that there sure is a lot of people for a Friday and then I realized it was Saturday. My battery was almost dead so I cruised back home and rested for a while until Rosa came in to put me to bed. I had a really bad headache so I took a couple of Tylenol PMs and fell asleep for a while but here I am back awake.

 Sunday was a really nice and quiet day, it looked beautiful outside but I was happy to stay in bed and rest. I woke up at 7 AM when my mom came down to feed Robby and then went back to sleep until 11 AM, that felt great. I found a bunch of photos in the garage and I talked my mom into scanning them little by little when she has time. She brought down the first batch and it had pictures of my 40th birthday, 12 years ago.

1 comment:

betty said...

How fun to have found those pictures from your 40th birthday Tammie!! You are so right that we need the rain, but I too am enjoying the beautiful weather we are having here. Glad to hear you were able to get the new Google glass working! Pictures look great!