Sunday, April 7, 2013

My right hand is coming back to life…

Monday sucked. I got a really nice massage and that was great but then we got down to the personal care, that was miserable and not so great. I think Karen finished and left about 2 PM in room so was supposed to be here at 3 PM, thank goodness Rosa was late and didn't show up until about 5 PM because I was so exhausted and worn out I needed a little time to sleep. Rosa came and gave me a nice long hot bath, that always makes me feel so much better. I went to bed and watched an episode of Bates Motel, I wasn't sure but I really like this new series. I got a quote from the floor guy today and he's going to start May 8th, I hope he does a good job.

Tuesday was AWESOME. I got up and took Robby for an extra long cruise twice, this is the first time that I have come back at the end of the day and my chair is flashing red because the battery was almost dead. Thank goodness I noticed it when I got in the door… Thank God my chair didn't die in the middle of downtown. We came back home and rested for a while and then went down to the bank to clear up some mistakes that they keep making, I hope this is the last time. Vicente fix my sink in the kitchen that had been leaking for a long time and he moved one of the outlets in my room, they put it in the middle of the wall and my caregivers kept breaking it with my bed, he moved it over by the mirror in the corner. Teresa came and put me to bed now that I have some time to relax what shall I watch?

Wednesday was another awesome day. Robby and I went for a really long cruise through the lagoon, through the park, halfway down Westcliff Drive and back, to the end of the wharf and back and then home. The weather was perfect and there wasn't too many people, we didn't go on the boardwalk because I heard a lot of screaming coming from there and I know that means it's pretty crowded, plus the beach in front of the Boardwalk was really crowded. They came back home and rested for about an hour before Rosa showed up to put me to bed and feed us. She makes the best salads with EVERYTHING in it… Besides mixed greens she put red onion, artichoke hearts, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, shredded carrots, avocado, feta cheese and croutons with raspberry vinaigrette dressing. I also had a pork chop, wheat berries and asparagus. For breakfast I had a filet and wheat berries with greens and two poached duck eggs on top. Lee and Claudia, my uncle and aunt and my mom and I played cribbage, my mom was my partner and I lost a dollar. I took my brace off for a while and I can't believe that my arm is still hurting, it's more nerve pain and that is pretty common but it's even worse tonight. I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow like it's supposed to.

Thursday turned out to be a pretty good day even though I didn't end up getting up, it pretty much rained all day. I wanted to go to the battle of the bands down on the boardwalk but it looks like everybody just got wet song got I stayed in bed. Stanley, Corinne and one of Corrine's friends came to visit for a couple of days. We ate some pretty good Chinese food and watched a movie called Mean Girls, I fell asleep a couple times but it looked like it was a pretty good movie.

Friday was a good day but it was cold, I was hoping I wouldn't be too warm in two thermals and a shawl but it turned out I'm glad I have all of them on. Robby and I started cruising through the lagoon but yesterday's rain made it pretty muddy and I didn't want to get stuck. We cruised up past the surf Museum and turned around when I couldn't stand it anymore.  I totally forgot about the "we are Santa Cruz" recording at the Civic Center, they were taping people just coming through for the Santa Cruz commercial. Susan reminded me when we got back but it was already 4 PM and I didn't know what time Rosa was going to get here to put me to bed, turns out I would have had plenty of time to go down there and make an appearance with Robby so we missed it. We went to the end of the wharf at back and cruise through the Boardwalk. There was a lot going on on the boardwalk and it was really crowded. We came home and rested for a while and Lexie came over to visit, I think she said she came down for the weekend. My mom and Stanley Meek pulled pork sandwiches, potatoes au gratin and a salad for dinner… It was pretty good. Corrine, Lexi and I watched the movie Mean Girls again and this time I stayed awake through the whole thing, it was a pretty good movie. I liked my hair today, thanks Karen!
Saturday was a pretty good day, it would've been better if it wasn't so cold. Robby and I went for a long cruise and ran into a lot of people, I forgot today was the wharf to wharf race AND the last day of spring break for some people, I think there's two more weeks of spring break around here. We came back and my brother made bacon and cheese omelets, he makes the best breakfasts. We rested for a bit and then Rosa came to put me to bed. My right arm was really hurting today for some reason, around the stitches is really red and swollen… I think I'm getting an infection. My fingers and my whole arm was really swollen so we iced it down and the swelling went down a little. My aunt came over with some caramel popcorn that my uncle made, he makes the best popcorn of any kind. I watched a couple of episodes of horders and then tried to rest my arm for a while, it's really hard to do with the computer in front of me.

Sunday was a pretty relaxing day. I have a really busy week next week so I decided to stay in bed and give my arm off break, it looks a lot better today. I laid here and watch TV and kind of drifted in and out all day, I love days like that when I stay in bed. My brother, Corrine and her friend headed home, I hope they don't get a lot of traffic. Adriana, my morning caregiver, said the traffic is ridiculous around here because there is another race and some kind of big learn how to surf thing, I saw them setting up a bunch of tents yesterday. Stanley made pancakes and sausage for breakfast, meals are always a great surprise when Stanley is here. Rosa came to put me to bed and brought me some food from her cousins birthday party, it was really good and so sweet of her to think of me. We did some personal Care and I just rested for the rest of the evening. I can't believe how sleepy I but I love it.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

I was wondering about that series with the Bates Motel; wasn't sure how good it would be; thanks for telling me you liked it Tammie! I would imagine from now on it will be busy in your neck of the woods with spring breaks and the beginning of summer, but glad you got a chance to get out and cruise around as you did!