Sunday, April 14, 2013

The weather is starting to get nice…

Monday was an okay day. I have an appointment at Dominican rehab in the lymphedema department that I had to reschedule because of unforeseen personal care issues. About a month or two ago the bottom of my leg started swelling and they look like they haven't really bad rash so I went to see Dr. Owens. Apparently she set me up for lymphedema classes and they're just finally getting around to it, thank God the swelling in my legs went down after a couple of days. I figured I might as well go anyway because if it ever happens again I will know what to do. I have a couple of hours to rest and watch TV before Rosa came to give me a nice long hot bath, man that feels great. She made me a couple of tostadas and a salad for dinner. For breakfast I had wheat berries with a poached duck egg on top and bratwurst.

Tuesday was a really good day. Vicente came over to put some dividers in the drawers in my bedroom to make it easier to organize, I'm so excited. Robby and I went for a really long cruise and then I had a dentist appointment, it was really warm and poor Robby was really hot and tired by the time we got to the dentist's office… Of course after laying there for a couple of hours he got his second wind and was ready to cruise home, we cruised home through the park. Teresa came to put me to bed and we talked about just really getting out there and purging my garage, it is such a mess I can't stand it anymore… Maybe I really am a hoarder? Anyways it ends now, I think after living here almost 6 years I have everything that I need so I just need to stop myself. Now I just need to work on getting everything organized, inside and out. I've had six years of revolving caregivers who are shovers, hiders, movers and don't remember where they put anything. I'm hoping that after we get everything organized and cleaned it will stay that way, am I dreaming??

Wednesday at looked like it was pretty warm outside, I think you got to 74°. Today was my day to sleep in and get a massage, Susan usually gets here around 8:30 AM and I get a massage until 10 AM. Karen came in around 9 AM and gave Robby a bath and cut his toenails. I rested on my side while she dusted my room. Heather came by and made some pulled pork, I LOVE that stuff. Teresa came by and brought me some eggplant with garlic sauce, brown rice with kimchi and miso soup with tofu… It was AWESOME. Teresa poked around in the garage for a while to see what we have in store for Spring cleaning. Lee and Claudia, my uncle and aunt and my mom and I played cribbage, Claudia was my partner and we lost a dollar but we played three games so that's good.

Thursday was a great day, the weather was perfect. Robby and I went for a really long cruise through the lagoon, passed the surf Museum to the second dog beach and back, to the end of the wharf and back and home. We rested for about an hour and then took off to H&R Block to meet Teresa and get my taxes done. I thought all of my tax stuff was in one folder but I was wrong, I wish I would have checked the night before to make sure. I was missing two Documents that I needed so I have to download them off the Internet and call the old place that I worked, which is now a different company, and see if I can get the information faxed to me… This is really a pain. We decided after all that we needed to go out to dinner so we used one of Teresa's groupons and went to Ristorante Italiano, that made everything better. I had fried calamari and prawns over fettuccine and it was AWESOME. We came home and did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath. I was trying to get some sleep but my humidifier was too close and I couldn't turn it off, I kept hitting the button on my computer and it would turn off and then pop right back on, my right arm was getting really cold and soggy and there was nothing I could do about it except wait until 7 AM the next morning when Karen came into work, Teresa left about midnight and my arm started getting cold about 2 o'clock in the morning. A terrible ending to a wonderful day.

Friday the weather was good but it was kind of a disappointing day. I had an appointment with my plastic surgeon to see if he can do anything about my neck, there's still looks like it is sagging a little bit and I don't like it. When we got there they told us that they have been trying to call, the doctor is out on an emergency. We found out later that his wife had passed away unexpectedly, that is really sad. We did get to have Ramen noodles, potstickers and chicken bites… I had sweetcorn noodles.

Saturday was another perfect day, the weather was awesome. Robby and I cruised through the lagoon, to the end of the wharf and back into the end of the boardwalk at back… There was a lot of people. I came back and Vicente had finished putting separators in all of my drawers, it looks awesome. He was helping Teresa clean up the garage, it looks amazing and so much bigger. Tomorrow she is going to do the other half, I really got rid of a lot of stuff and I'm proud of myself. Rosa came and put me to bed, got me something to eat and vacuum and mopped my room… It always looks so cool and brand-new when she's done.

Sunday was a perfect day, we got a lot done and the weather was beautiful. I got up and was going to take Robby for a walk so I stopped by my uncle and aunt's place to see their garden, it is absolutely gorgeous. She already has a bunch of lettuce, chard, broccoli and cauliflower growing strong… She definitely has a green thumb. I took Robby through the lagoon and then back down to H&R Block to finish my taxes. It turns out we had all the paperwork that we needed, there was just a name change on one of the forms. We stopped at Charlie Hong Kong's and I got my usual, pad Thai noodles with garlic tofu and prawns… It is so delicious. I usually eat about half of it and then have the other half in the morning with it with a poached duck egg on it. We got the other half of the garage mostly straightened out and got rid of a whole bunch of stuff that I really didn't need, it actually felt great to get rid of all that stuff… Does this mean I'm not really a hoarder?? Rosa came by and for me to bed and even though I took a couple of Tylenol PMs I am wide awake and it doesn't look like I'm going to get much sleep tonight. All in all though it was a great day and I'm so glad I got my taxes done for another year.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

I don't think you are a hoarder, Tammie. You got rid of things and it seems like you did a great job getting the garage cleared out. I think it is easy to accumulate things, especially if you live in a house for a bit. My husband, son and me were just talking about the same thing today at lunch when we were talking about hubby's parents who had TONS (literally) of things we disposed of when we moved into their house. We didn't accumulate a lot of stuff because we moved around a lot and would weed things out when we were moving. The longest time we stayed put at one place was Montana for 8 years and we had more junk there than other places. So the goal I think is to do a routine every 5 year purge of things, which seems you were almost in that mark :)

I too am glad our taxes are done for another year. We got them done Friday, I always seem to want to wait until almost the last moment :)