Sunday, April 28, 2013

It's going to be really warm this week…

Monday was a really good day. I thought it was going to be warm and the sun was out but it was kind of cold. It was the first day that I drove my chair without my brace so I was able to use my cell phone and it sure felt great. I got to see Otis, the guy that takes care of my yard, today brought the first time in a long time… It was really nice to see him. My aunt came over with Malaya, they came over to pick up my mom and they were taking her to pop class so she showed me her "attitude"… She is so darn cute. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, up to the park, to the end of the wharf and back and then I was going to come by my house to get my shawl before I went on to my appointment, it was a lot colder than I thought. I decided to just go on and cruise down to my appointment, I had an appointment at the lymphedema clinic. The appointment was made after I had a problem with my leg swelling and developing a rash TWO months ago but I decided to go anyway because now my fingers are slowing and it's nice to go through the class in case it never happens again, I really learned a lot. She ordered me some socks and gloves that give you a massage, the really cool. I picked them up at the pharmacy on the way home. When I got home the driveway and the house smelled amazing, Heather had been cooking a pork roast all day long. Rosa was here vacuuming and she went ahead and put me to bed and made me some cold pork tacos, with homemade salsa that Heather also made, and this mixed bean salad. I was so cold and tired by the time I got home I just ate and then went to sleep. I woke up a little bit later and just relaxed and watched some TV, it was so nice to be home in my bed with my warm blanket wrapped around my shoulders.

Tuesday was a pretty boring day but it looked pretty cold outside so I'm glad I stayed in bed, hopefully it will warm up this week. I pretty much slept again all day because I didn't sleep last night, my stomach was making noise and I was getting chills and I always get nervous when that happens. I spent most of the day on my side, I think I'm going to try to do that a couple nights a week just to give my butt a rest because I am always on it whether I am in my chair or in bed. The summer seems to be when I get most of my skin breakdowns on my butt because it's so hot. Vicente has the cupboards in the garage almost finished, he took a picture and they looked really nice but I forgot to ask him to email it to me. I watched a couple of episodes of Bucwild, I started TiVoing it and the last couple of episodes have been a tribute to the guy on the show that died while four wheeling in the mud in his truck… Really sad. They are a bunch of crazy teenagers and I would never have even thought of doing half of the stuff that they do but I don't know if they should stop doing the show just because they think it's going to give teenagers ideas, teenagers already have plenty of ideas I think. Rosa came by and got me something to eat, eight the last of the chicken adobo, wheat berries with greens and asparagus and gave me a nice long hot bath… The perfect ending to any day.

Wednesday was a good day but it was cold, so much for it heating up this week. Every couple of days someone decides to block our driveway or just park in the driveway, the kind of looks like they only plan on being there for a few minutes but then it always seems longer… Sometimes hours or overnight. I noticed somebody parked last night and actually took up about half of our driveway, for some reason that just infuriates me but I don't know what to do. I looked it up online and filled out a complaint and asked them if they could give me a phone number I could call if it happens again because I know it will. I called the police department down the street this morning and of course they transferred me to another department where they wanted me to leave a message. I left them a detailed message but of course never heard back from them, do I call 911? Isn't the first thing they ask you when you dial 911 "is this an emergency?" I'm always afraid that I'm going to call and then whoever it is will leave right before they get here to tell the car away. I left them a note on their car and told them that I had pictures and that I had called the police and tow truck and that I hope they got there before he got this note. I personally think that they are selling drugs again next door and there's probably nothing I can do about them blocking my driveway. I ordered a sign that says please don't blocked the driveway or you will be towed but I doubt that's going to do any good either. The rest of the week doesn't look very promising either. It was tolerable and Robby and I went for our regular long cruise. After I got up I really wish I would have stayed in bed I go for a while feeling great and that I always have a couple days of really bad bloating, and tried pretty much everything except chewing on fennel seeds… I read about that the other day so I will try it. I wish I would've thought about it today because it would've been perfect. By the time Rosa got here I had a really bad headache, I hardly ever get headaches. My uncle brought over some goulash and it was really good. Rosa brought me some enchiladas and some Spanish rice, they were really good… I would've had another one but my uncle came over to set up for cribbage. Lee and Claudia, my uncle and my aunt and my mom and I played cribbage… My uncle was my partner and we won three dollars. It was nice to finally go to bed.
Thursday was not such a good day. I woke up with the same really bad my stomach was still bloated so there was no way I was going to try to get up and be miserable like it was yesterday. I just rested most of the day and Teresa came by to do some personal care, they felt a little better after that someone thought that when it was but come morning my headache was back so the only thing I can think about now is I must be getting allergies… I see so many people with allergies and they are so miserable.

Friday I wasn't feeling the greatest, still had a headache but at least I wasn't bloated.It was massage day and I was really hoping that a nice long massage would get rid of my headache, as hard as Susan tried it just didn't. I got up just in time to cruise down to Dominican rehab for my appointment with Andrei and Jack, we didn't get much done because somebody broke into Jack's van and stole his tools. We took off the lateral on my left side because it was just pushing me over to the right side, we decided to get a whole new back rest… Luckily the one I have on my chair is broken and it looks like it's been broken since I got it. We came back home and Teresa put me to bed just in time for my brother and my nephew to get here from Modesto. They came down for my mom's birthday.

Saturday was a great day, it was a little cold in the morning but warmed up in the afternoon and my headache was gone. My brother made a really good breakfast of spinach and bacon omelette and toast, of course no cheese for me. I'm going to try to stay off dairy for a while and see if I still get bloated. It seems like all go for two or three weeks without any problem and then I have three or four days where it's just pretty much unbearable. Andrei suggested I write it down on the calendar and see if there is a pattern, either when I'm supposed to have my period or a full moon… Anything that we can blame it on. I took Robby for a really long cruise but everywhere we went there was a ton of people, I forgot it was the weekend and starting to get nice. We came back home and Stanley, Robert and I went to shopper's corner to get dinner for my moms birthday, she wanted a taco salad. After that we went across the street to the buttery and how to pick out only 10 cupcakes, I wanted to get an assortment so everybody could get what they wanted, of course they were amazing. Lee and Claudia, Stanley and Robert, my uncle and aunt and my mom and I ate and then played cribbage. My mom was my partner and we won three dollars, I'm on a roll. We decided to cut the cupcakes and half so we could all try as many as we wanted, of course I had to carry cake cupcake and I also tried the mocha coffee one… Extremely awesome. All this after me swearing off dairy for a while, I think I'm going to be sorry in the morning. I think my mom had a great birthday so that's a great day right there. I went to sleep and my stomach was already making noises. Robby has extremely bad gas today.

Sunday was a nice relaxing day. I decided to stay in bed because I anticipated bloating from the ice cream, butter and cupcakes I ate last night but I didn't have any problems at all that I didn't even take a lactad pill. I don't know what's up with me. I got to sleep in today and it was really nice, Stanley and my mom came and woke me up with some coffee and half of a cupcake… What a great way to wake up. I decided to try to update my homepage. I have been kind of afraid to do it because I'm afraid it won't publish I won't know what to do, I updated it and the published… I was so excited. My mom and my brother went to KFC and got some food, I have been craving KFC for a while now and it tasted really good. Rosa came by and we did some personal care and now is the rest of the evening to relax. It was a really nice visit with Stanley and Robert and I think my mom had a great birthday, they left right after dinner.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

It does sound like your mom had a great birthday, Tammie!! Those cupcakes sounded delicious!! Happy belated birthday to her! I like the idea of cutting them in half so everyone could sample the ones they wanted.

I think I would keep calling the police or whoever to see what they can do about cars parking and blocking your driveway. It doesn't seem like a good thing to be happening, especially if an emergency vehicle would need to get up your driveway. I wonder if sometimes people think about things before they do stuff like this.

We are supposed to warm up later this week into the low 80s; should be nice!