Monday, May 6, 2013

Up in the 80s this week…

Monday ended up being a pretty relaxing day. Both the light rail and the Metro bus was late so of course so was Karen. I thought we were done with personal care from last night but apparently we weren't so we did more personal care this morning so needless to say I decided to stay in bed. I will be rested and ready to get up and go early the rest of the week, when it gets to be this warm outside I would rather get up early in the morning and cruise around before it gets too hot.

Tuesday was a perfect day. I got up and took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, through the Lagoon Park, to the wharf and back. I keep getting emails from a representative of Google class wanting to talk to me about possibly receiving an early pair and I keep waiting around but he just doesn't call, he keeps emailing me and asking me when is a good time to chat. I finally told him to just call me and if I'm not around I will call him back, we can play phone tag instead of email tag. Teresa came and she took me over to Home Depot to pick out the paint for my room. We also got some more hoses and some containers to keep the hoses in, are there really any good hoses out there?? I think I have tried them all and I just can't find one that works right. We would to Charlie Hong Kong's and of course I got the same thing… Pad Thai noodles with garlic tofu, prawns and steamed vegetables. I went to bed and just relax for the rest of the evening.

Wednesday was an excellent day. I got up and cruise Robby through the lagoon and up to my doctor's office, I had a doctors appointment to get my Depo-Provera shot. After that we cruise down to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the boardwalk and back and down to the pharmacy… The weather was just perfect and it's so nice to get out and cruise around all over town again. I came back and rose up from me to bed and fixed me something to eat, I was starving and cold by the time. Lee and Claudia, my uncle and aunt and my mom and I played cribbage… my aunt was my partner and we lost four dollars. While it was a good day except for that. Of course after I got home I remembered that the farmers market was today, I always forget about the farmers market.

Thursday was another gorgeous day in Santa Cruz California. I got up and took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon, up to the walking park and down Westcliff Drive. It was already getting really warm and I knew it would be cooler cruising along the beach, not to mention just gorgeous. There was a lot of people cruising around and everybody's dogs were behaving very nicely, I love that. We were going to go cruise down to the wharf but I think Robby was done and we had to get back home to make Teresa. We're cleaning up some more of the garage so I can put my furniture in there on Tuesday when they come to do my floors and paint the walls, I am so excited. Everything is going to look so great this summer. We did some personal care and trying to figure out what Teresa is going to cook for me while Heather is on vacation, it sounds like a lot of oriental food and I'm going to be one happy girl. I tried to go to sleep but I'm just excited about all the cool things that are going to happen, I love it when life is going great. I heard from Heather that my aunt hit somebody on a bicycle while turning down our street, there is an extremely steep hill and people just won't stop jamming down really fast, I bet somebody gets hit for crashes there at least twice a month. I saw a guy coming down the hill today with the soda in one hand and try to straighten out his wobbly bike with the other, people are just never going to learn. Most of them don't have helmets on either it is kind of a blind curve and with the sun shining… It's just very dangerous. I know my aunt is always very careful because she is always telling other people to be really careful, I hope she's all right. I have been playing email tag with the guy from Google class, I entered a contest to try out a peer earlier that they come out but with the way that we're going it's probably going to be the end of the year and I will just be able to purchase one. I decided to send him a long email to let him know that I am still interested, I hope I hear back from him again.

Friday was a really great day but it was HOT. Teresa took me over to the nursery to get some plants and some pots and then over to dig to get some airplanes and some succulents, though seem like they are the hardest to kill so maybe they will last longer in my yard. After that she took me over to Tonic to get my haircut, it has been getting really long and I just don't know what to do it anymore so I decided I would get layered for the summer. So far everybody says it looks really good so I'm happy. It turns out the really expensive shampoo that I have been using, Wen, isn't so good for your hair so now I have a bunch of it that I need to get rid of. She told me of another product called colorproof that is supposed to work a lot better and she used it on my hair, I think I will give it a try. After that we came home and I got a nice long hot bath, boy did that feel great.

Saturday Adriana came in at 4:30 AM so we could leave the house by 8 AM to go to the Carmel Retriever day. We actually left at 7:30 AM and got gas and even came back home because I forgot my sunglasses. It was a really beautiful day and a really nice event. I ran into Ed, then goodness because I have no idea where to go so I followed him… Turns out he lives right across the street. There wasn't a lot of people or dogs when I got there and I ran into Marv and Connie, I was hoping that they would be there. They took a bunch of pictures and then they did a parade but a lot of the other events weren't really for people in chairs. They went down on the beach and let the dogs play at the end of a long leash, another of it was a scavenger hunt and I didn't really think I could do that either. This was the first of many so I can't wait for the next one. We went by the mall here in Santa Cruz and I got a couple of things for Malaya's birthday, I hope she likes them. Rosa came by and we did some personal care and I got to relax for the rest of the evening.

Sunday I ended up staying in bed but as it turned out it was really cold and windy outside. Rosa wanted the evening off so I just had Adriana come in the morning to feed Robby and I. We had a birthday party for my cousin's youngest daughter, Malia. It was supposed to be on Saturday but since I went to the Carmel Retriever Day on Saturday so they changed it to Sunday. I decided to come home early on Saturday so I can go to the birthday party but when I got home I found out they changed it to Sunday, not knowing that I wasn't going to get up. It turned out really nice and everybody was so sweet to come over here and have the birthday party in my room. I just want to watch the excitement on the low girls face, she had such a good time and that's what matters. In barbecued some ribs and chicken and had baked potatoes, artichokes, garlic bread and a salad. It turned out to be a really great day.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

Looked like a cute birthday party for your cousin's daughter, Tammie! I'm glad you got to go to the Retriever event too; sounded like fun!! We did have nice weather too last week until now we've had a few days of rain, which is what we need so its a good thing :)

Can't believe we are in May already for this year!