Sunday, May 19, 2013

This is going to be a terrific week…

Monday was another great day… Just keep them coming. I got up and took Robby for cruise through the Lagoon, down Westcliff Drive,  to the wharf and back and then came home for a rest. I went over to look at my new floors , they look amazing. I can't wait to get it painted and move back in. Rosa called and said that she was still at the hospital and she had been there for five or six hours and she would call me when she was done. Of course when I tried to call her back my phone was dead. I went outside and nobody was around and came back in and there was no phone. So I was kind of freaking out. After a while my aunt came back so I have her plug in my phone and call Rosa back. She went to the hospital with one of the residence where she works, that's a relief. I thought something happened to her or somebody in her family. We decided to play a couple of games of cribbage while waiting for her, my aunt was my partner we won one and lost one. Rosa showed up amd fed me some gumbo and put me to bed. I have been sleeping really good, I have been asleep before my caregivers leave. 

I thought Tuesday was going to be a little cold but it turned out to be a great day. Robby and I went for a cruise through the lagoon and up and around the Lagoon Park and back home to rest for a little bit. My phone hasn't been working so we took a cruise down to four Schneiders pharmacy to see if my socks came in yet but they have not so we turned around and came back home. I cruised over to see the progress on my house and they were getting ready to paint my bedroom. Hopefully I will be able to move back home tomorrow. Teresa showed up and then Rosa showed up . Teresa had asked Rosa a couple weeks ago if she would work for her on the 14th, last night Teresa couldn't remember why. So both of them fought over who was going to go home, Teresa one. Rosa put me to bed and we did some personal-care and I fell asleep.

Wednesday was another great day. I thought it was going to be cold when I started out on our cruise but it got warmer. We cruised through the lagoon and up through the Lagoon Park and down Westcliff. I always see the sign across the street that says lighthouse State Park beach but never went over there so we decided to go, there's a bunch of trails and they started getting really thin and really rocky so we turned around and came back. We came back here and rested for a while. I was going to meet Rosa at the flea market but I think we got our times mixed up so I waited half an hour and then came back. They got my room painted and they're moving stuff out of the bathroom to paint that so it looks like I will be moving in tomorrow. My uncle and aunt and my mom and I played cribbage, my mom was my partner and I think we came out the dollar ahead.

Thursday was a pretty crazy day. I got up and came across the street to wait for Jack from ATG rehab to do some work on my chair. He customize the OtterBox for my new iPhone five and put toe straps on my foot pedals to keep my toes straight. It was supposed to install a new back on my chair that has laterals already built in, the back that was already on my chair is broken. He ended up not putting them back on my chair because he said he had not heard about it and he had another appointment in Watsonville and didn't have time. When I called Andrei he was pissed because he says he has already worked it out with Eric and Jack. Now we have to reschedule. We check out my new iPhone five and plugged in the computer and downloaded all my information and the screen was really dark and I couldn't get any service so Robby and I cruised down to the AT&T store. The guy looked at it and then took out the little card and said there was nothing he could do because there was water damage, it had been wrapped up in the box since I got it so it didn't happen at my house. Teresa spent about three hours on the phone and they said that since I didn't open it up right away and check within 14 days the phone was not covered. I bought the phone back in November and wanted to wait until I got my new chair and get the adaptions to make it work. I just got it done today and took it out of the box. Finally Teresa got a hold of someone and they said I could go to the Apple Store in Los Gatos and pick up my new iPhone five, my aunt is going to get it tomorrow. I just love having people around that know how to talk to other people and get what they want. I decided to come and try sleeping in my new bedroom and I LOVE it. Teresa put me to bed and did some personal care and I just relaxed the rest of the evening and enjoyed my new room, it is such a big difference. I took pictures but of course it's on my old phone and they are no good anymore so I'll see if Karen will take some more tomorrow. Good night…

Friday was a pretty good day. Susan had to cancel my massage because her daughter had the stomach flu, I was really looking forward to a massage. Sleeping in was really nice, I got to sleep in until 10:30 AM. Karen came in and helped me get service on the phone that might have brought back from the Apple Store this morning. We went to plug it into the computer and the cord is missing, why does there always have to be something?? My answer is that the guy didn't take any cords out of the box, he just took the phone off the top and replaced it so the court has to be around here somewhere. Unfortunately if we cannot find it I'm not going to be able to get to the AT&T store until Monday. I listen to the radio last night because my TV wasn't hooked up but that's okay because I fell asleep pretty quick. Karen plugged in my TV this morning so I could listen to that but I still didn't have my surround sound hooked up, you don't know what you have until you don't have it for a couple of days. She also tried to hook up my surveillance cameras, I didn't realize how much I watch those, but she didn't get it hooked up…Vincente hooked it up before he went home at the end of the day, he also hooked up my surround sound so my room is getting pretty much back to normal. They painted the hallway and the living room today so it's just a matter of time before everything is done and we can get back to a normal life around here, not that we ever have a normal life around here. Most of the stuff we put out in the garage and a lot of it we put on the back porch so we are really going to go through it and get rid of a lot more stuff that I really don't need, I am in the mood to do it. I just can't get over how much I love the color of my new house inside, it's just perfect. Teresa came by and we took the rest of my stuff out of my aunts house and we will put it away as we can, we want to take our time so we don't start just the thing things away again. The rest of the evening and just relaxed and trying to catch up on some of my TiVoed shows, I missed a whole week so there's a lot of shows that I need to catch up on. It looks like I will have all day tomorrow as Adriana cannot make it and neither can Karen or Teresa. I think it will be nice to have a quiet around here for a whole day, we'll see if that really happens.

Saturday was a nice relaxing day. I got to sleep in until 9:00 AM and then I got a two hour massage, I needed one so bad. My mom got me some coffee and I wasn't really hungry so I decided to wait until dinner. Teresa made some garlic roasted chicken thighs and a Mediterranean salad, it was so good. Rosa came and we did some personal care and I got to have a nice long hot that, such a perfect way to enter relaxing day. Now to see what's going on at the Bates Motel.

Sunday was kind of disappointing day. I didn't notice last night but my evening caregiver left my bedroom door open and I was breathing paint fumes all night. I woke up with a headache and stomach ache but didn't really associate with anything until my morning caregiver said that she needed to open all the windows, turn the fan on and go outside for a while. I can't see the door to my bedroom because the computer monitor is in the way. I got up anyway hoping to go to Costco and that didn't happen either, I am almost out of everything. I started to take Robby for cruise and stop by to talk to my uncle for a couple of minutes and as we were cruising down towards the lagoon I got a text from Angie. Her, her mom and the twins were right around the corner so I turned back just in time to see them turned down our street. I visited with them for a while at my uncles and then Robby and I went on our cruise through the lagoon, up to the Lagoon Park and down Westcliff Drive. I noticed a bunch of people running towards me and they had a table set up and they were handing people cups of Gatorade as they went by so I decided to turn around and go towards the war. I realize that they were running towards the wharf so we crossed over the bridge and came on home, it was getting really warm bed it was almost time for Rosa to come in. I rested for a bit and then started feeling worse, my headache and stomach ache so I went outside to hang out for a while. I started feeling better by the time Rosa got here so she put me to bed and heated up some spaghetti and meatballs, salad and garlic bread and a salad… Okay she didn't heat up the. I watched a bunch of shows on TiVo and just relax for the rest of the evening.

1 comment:

sunset said...

Tammie, the floors look great!! I love them! Thanks for posting the pictures of them. I bet they even look better in person. Whoever did the job, did a great one!!! Sorry about feeling under the weather though with the paint fumes; that would make one not feel well I do believe; glad you are feeling a bit better by now. Our weather has been strange too; a few warm/hot days and then the more pleasant May weather in the mid 70's which is nice. Memorial Day weekend coming up; I'm sure it will start to get busier in your neck of the woods!