Saturday, July 23, 2011

A great week...

Monday I got up and took Robby for are really long cruise through the wharf and the boardwalk, down to Ross and back through town. After we got back we practiced three of our commands, it feels good to be back in the old routine again. We tried to do the standing frame but the sling just wasn’t right and even though we tried several times it just wasn’t going to happen, I don’t know what I’m going to do except just keep trying and hope we can get it.

Tuesday was a really busy day. I had an appointment with Andrei and Carl to figure out how to put a lateral on my chair on my right side, it fell off a while back so I was going to try to do without it. We decided to wait until I had my appointment with Bob at hangar prosthetics to redo my brace, I lost 20 pounds on this gas elimination diet and I have to be fitted for a new brace. Then I had my final x-ray at Dominican Hospital, I’m so glad to get that over with. Now I just have to wait for the results. After that we went to Cosco, NEVER go to Costco when you’re hungry. It doesn’t have to even be food you just crave everything. We came back and Heather was barbecuing hamburgers, she made avocado and arugula hamburgers and they were awesome. I think I’m still going to stick to the diet for the most part because I would like to lose a little bit more weight and it just felt good to eat a bunch of small meals instead of a couple big ones.

Wednesday I got up and cruise down to Claudius beauty shop to give Debbie a thank you card that I made her or the beautiful cake she made for my birthday, it was so gorgeous and had real flowers on... everybody loved it. I came back and Tom, Kelly, Seth and I went down to the Farmer’s market and met Teresa. She keeps telling me about the sauerkraut stuffed pretzel that they have down there so Tom and I tried one, Tom tried one I saved mine for lunch tomorrow. I got some huge figs and they tasted so good I ate a couple when I got home. Teresa took me to my appointment to see Bob at Hanger prosthetics. He fixed my leg braces and measured me for a new front panel for my back brace, I am so glad that I don’t have to replace the back brace since I lost almost 20 pounds. We went to the wharf and had some onion rings and iced tea and did a little shopping. I found a life preserver for my net and hanging shells on the back porch. I also found an old time model of a Volkswagen bus with surfboards on top, it really looks like it’s from Santa Cruz.

Thursday Robby and I went for our regular cruise around Santa Cruz. There was a lot of dogs out there today, most of them don’t know how to behave in public. I don’t blame the dogs but I do blame the owners are being irresponsible, it’s very frustrating. I went to cost plus and found a bunch of cute stuff that I would like to get, I’m decorating my porch with a beach theme and it is going to look awesome.

Friday I got my massage and my nice long hot bath before I got up. It was a long morning so I didn’t get to take Robby on a very long cruise before we left for dinner and concert. Tom, Kelly, Teresa, Seth and I decided to go to the Woody’s CafĂ© for dinner before the concert. I had fish tacos and they were very good, I never had them before and I was always a little bit afraid to try and... the two just don’t sound like they would go together although I love both of them. Teresa and I went there a couple nights before and the guy remembered us but wanted to know where Robby was, the last time I went there he spoiled Robby. He made sure Robby was in the corner so nobody would bother him, but the towel down and gave him three big glasses of water. I told him that I usually don’t take Robby when I go to the concerts on the beach because of the crowds and the loud music. Loverboy was AWESOME, I would have loved to stay in the second show but nobody else suggested it and it was getting late so we came back. My brother and Corinne got here shortly after we came back so I didn’t get to visit with them very much that night.

Saturday was our support group at Dominican rehab. We didn’t think very many people would show up because it was a the same day as the shared adventures 19th annual day on the beach. I wanted to go check out the day on the beach after the support group but it was just too hot and I wanted to go and spend a little bit of time with my brother and my niece. We had some killer spinach, cheese and white sauce lasagna that Kelly made, some olive bread that we got at the farmers market with brie cheese on it and some artichoke and cheese and sausage. Alexia and I watched it the new version of beauty and the beast called beastie.

Sunday was the long awaited and needed puppy play date. We fill the pool up with water and Dr. Owens brought Bella and Ozzy over and they had such a good time. Bella is still the only one that will go in the pool but the rest of them use it to drink water out of, I’m hoping as it gets warmer they will all go in. after the puppy play date Tom hung up my copper maple tree and my owl on the front porch, it looks awesome. Teresa hung up a few more accents that we got for the back porch, a little pair of flip-flops, a life preserver and a couple more things we found along the way. It is really starting to look nice around here.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

Good for you for losing those 20 pounds Tammie!! I'm sure it was worth it when you had to adjust your diet! Fish tacos are so good; one of my favorites to look for when we go out to eat!!