Monday, July 11, 2011

I finally got to see Patrick's band, The Road Hog's...

Monday was the big fourth of July debate... what are we going to eat and what are we going to do. We went back and forth a lot and finally decided to barbecue some sausages, have sauerkraut, Chile and a salad. While we were barbecuing sausages my aunt came over and said that they had a bunch of ribs and some potato salad so we decided to combine everything. My caregiver showed up so I wasn’t able to go but they brought me back a killer care package.

Tuesday was a really busy day. Robby had his bath, I went to get a manicure and pedicure and DirecTV came to fix my television. After my manicure and pedicure and came back and got Robby and cruised around for a bit. Heather came by and cooked an awesome dinner for everyone.

Wednesday Robby and I got back on our 6 mile, around Santa Cruz cruise and it felt great. We haven’t been getting out as much as we should and Robby has gained two more pounds. It’s nice to be back on our schedule. Kelly went to the Farmer’s market and Tom and I cruised down there to meet her, I love that place. They ate dinner there and I came back because Teresa was going to be here at 3 PM. I ate dinner and then we put up the net and shells on the back porch, and looked awesome. We all ended up on the back porch talking and laughing, it was an awesome evening.

"The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach." ~ Benjamin Mays

Thursday I got up and took Robby for a cruise. It was finally the day to go get the first of my series of x-ray’s, I’m so glad to get this over with. It was actually pretty easy, a lot easier than I thought it would be. We brought my sling and while they were getting a lift Teresa put the sling on and they just laid me on the table, took a couple of x-rays, put me back in my chair and we were on our way. Teresa and I both had a groupon for the kick back CafĂ© so we decided to give it a try. The guy said that his barbecue tri-tip was really good and gave us a sample and it really was so we decided to give it a try. I had that and a mango smoothie and it was really good. We were so full after that and we didn’t even go to Costco, we just came home and put me to bed.

Friday I got my wonderful massage and a bath and took Robby for a run. We decided to skip the concert on the beach and go to a place called bocci cellar to watch Patrick and his band play. They were awesome. Teresa got sick and wasn’t able to go but Tom, Kelly and I decided to go anyway and we are glad that we did. They usually play rock ‘n roll but they were asked if they could do a swing band for an older group that does swing dance. They sounded really good, you would never know it didn’t come natural to them. It was so cute to watch all of the older couples swing dance.

Saturday Robby and I cruised through the wharf and started to cruise through the boardwalk but it was way too crowded so we cut around the boardwalk and cruise down the Levy. A lady was riding by on a bicycle and asked where Robby was raised. It turned out she was the daughter of the lady who breeds Robby’s mom... small world? She apparently lives in Berkeley and her mom told her if she goes to Santa Cruz to be on the lookout for Robby. I came back and we once again tried the standing frame, this time it was a success. It felt so good to get up in the standing frame again and I know I will sleep better.

Sunday I was exhausted and they look like it was going to be cold outside so I decided to just take a nice long hot bath and go back to bed. I slept on and off most of the day so I didn’t think I would sleep at all at night but I slept all night also, it felt great.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

I liked the pictures, Tammie; you live in such a nice place!! Cool you got to hear that band; they sound really good!! Poor Robbie with his weight; I'm sure increasing his walks will help get that off!!