Sunday, November 28, 2010


Monday turned out to be a really good day. The weather was a little unpredictable but by the time I got home it was nice enough to take Robby for a cruise. I went to Home Depot to see if I could find some books that I could use to hang up my Christmas lights and keep up year-round, not the Christmas lights the hooks. I found some online but I thought maybe I could find some at Home Depot but I couldn’t find anything so I ordered the ones online, they are really nice and will last for years. Cassy took me grocery shopping at Safeway, this time I wasn’t hungry when I went so I basically stuck to what I have on the list. I got up in the standing frame but not as long as I had hoped, for some reason some days it just isn’t right and today was one of those days. My abdominal Binder slipped up and opened and my hips just wouldn’t sit straight.

Tuesday the massage therapist was catching a cold and her arm was sore so she stayed home and stayed in bed. I hope she feels better because I know she has a house full of people for Thanksgiving. I went grocery shopping with my mom and we got half of what we were going to have for Thanksgiving, my aunt got the other half. It looks like it’s going to be my brother and his family from Modesto and my cousin and his family. I’m so excited about spending time with my family and of course the food. I came home and Heather was cooking, I just love that. I got a new keyless entry for my front door and Theresa installed it, she did a really good job and it worked perfectly. I took a nice long hot bath and went to bed.

Wednesday didn’t turn out to be such a good day. I had a headache all day long that I just could not get rid of so I ended up staying in bed. It took a couple of Tylenol PM’s and tried to sleep it off and then later on in the day my uncle brought me over a mild pain pill, it finally went away. Luckily Cassy brought Jack over and he played with Robby in the driveway for a little bit. It has been really cold here so Robby hasn’t gotten the exercise that he’s used to getting and I feel really bad, he is just bouncing all over the place. My uncle and aunt came over to play cribbage with my mom and I, they killed us. I think they skunked us twice, we’ll get them next time. My brother and his family showed up and we visited for a while but they all looked really tired.

Thanksgiving turned out to be a really great day. Corinne, Lexi and I took Robby for a walk through the lagoon, I stayed on the dry land and Corinne and Lexi braved the water boardwalk. I did go back on it a little bit later to take a couple of pictures with Robby but it always starts wobbling because of the pylons that it’s on and it makes me nervous and I can’t wait to get back to dry land. We had an awesome Thanksgiving dinner at my uncle and aunt’s place. Rich and his family were also there and Karen took pictures, I love the memories.

Friday was a beautiful day. Robby and I didn’t get to go to the Santa Cruz skilled nursing facility because Cassy was collecting toys at Toys “R” Us for toys for tots, she is so cool. Robby and I took a really long cruise through the boardwalk, down the Levy, to Ross and back, it felt so good to get out and about again without freezing to death. I came home and Heather was cooking, my house always smells so wonderful when Heather is here. We got to visit for a little bit and then Alexia came over and then I went to bed.

Saturday it rained a lot. I kept looking outside waiting for a break in the weather so I can cruise around a little bit with Robby. Finally about 1:15 PM we decided to just go for it and the weather actually stayed nice until we got home. I was up in the standing frame for a while and then went to bed. My uncle came over and visited for a while.

Sunday turned out to be a really good day. We put away the Thanksgiving decorations and started decorating for Christmas, I thought I had a lot more Christmas decorations than I actually do but I have a lot. Dr. Owens went down south to visit with her mom, she just found out that she had cancer, so we went up to get Bella and took her and Robby to the park for a while. It was such a nice play date, at one time there was probably about 10 dogs there all getting along really nicely. Bonnie and her owner showed up, it was really nice see them. It started getting really cold and we were freezing by the time we got finished, no one wanted to be the first to say “let’s go it’s freezing out here”.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

enjoyed the pictures of your family gathering for Thanksgiving, Tammie. Lots of love there indeed!!

how fun that you have started your Christmas decorating already!