Sunday, November 21, 2010

I get so excited about the support groups...

Monday was another great day, I can’t believe how perfect the weather is. Robby and I cruised down to the lighthouse and then to the wharf, it was just getting too hot to be outside. While Robby and I were on our way back alongside the railroad tracks I noticed that Robby was limping so I tried to watch him a little bit to make sure I was not just being an overprotective mom. I saw one of the construction guys passing by and I asked him if he would take a look at Robby’s paw and he actually dropped his sandwich and drink to look at Robby’s paw, it is so funny how guys are so willing to pay attention to Robby because he is so adorable. After checking him out thoroughly from head to toe he decided that Robby was okay and actually thanked me and went on his way, it was so cute. I got up in the standing frame for about a half an hour and then went to bed. While Steve was here he gave me a couple of blown glass sculptures and I finally got lighted turnstiles for them and they look AWESOME, I just love playing here at night with the lights out staring at them.

“There are two things for which animals are to be envied: they know nothing of future evils, or of what people say about them.”-Voltaire

Tuesday was another really nice day. I got my Tuesday morning massage, which always feels amazing, while Karen cleaned out my kitchen cupboards. Karen has been working on the kitchen for a while, it was a real mess and looks so much better. After I got up Robby and I cruised over to Dr. Owen’s office to pick up a prescription. I saw this lung flute on the doctors show and it looked pretty interesting but when I went to order one you have to have a doctor’s prescription. After that we cruise down to the wharf to get some chocolate covered bacon, I saw it on the boardwalk website and decided I needed to try some. I got some with milk and dark chocolate, I decided not to try the one with cayenne pepper although it might be good. I came back and as I was cruising along the sidewalk I was thinking what a wonderful smell and when I came into my house I was so happy to find out Heather was here. I always love the way my house smells when she’s here, apparently the sidewalk in front of my house also. I took a nice long hot bath and went to bed. It’s supposed to start getting cooler and even rain on Saturday and Sunday, not looking forward to that.

"Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement." Charles M. Schulz

Wednesday turned out to be a very disappointing day. My morning caregiver sent me a message on face lock that said she had a headache and wouldn’t be able to come in, I don’t have very many more days before is going to start raining so it’s very frustrating. I ended up sleeping most of the day and watched a couple movies but it’s really hard to stay in bed anymore, I used to do it a lot more. There is just so much to do out here in Santa Cruz and especially when it’s beautiful. I had planned on going shopping today and to cost plus to get my favorite gingersnap cookies, I have been out for a while. I guess I will go shopping on Monday. Of course Robby doesn’t like being cooped up all day either, he just wants to go outside and lay in the sun... tomorrow I will make it up to him.

Thursday for some reason I just can’t get myself warmed up enough to go outside for a long period of time. I took Robby for a cruise through the lagoon couple of times but it is just starting to get too cold. I had the heat in my house turned up to 76°. I did get to watch a lot of my TiVoed shows and a movie. Teresa came and brought me some Kale, mustard chicken and potato soup and it was awesome. I took a nice long hot bath and then my aunt came over with an out-of-town friend so we visited for a while, my uncle came over later with her husband. I was supposed to go get a manicure and pedicure from Claudia and I already feel like I’m getting sick and it was cold and there was nobody to drive me so I rescheduled until next Wednesday.

Friday was our day to go to Santa Cruz killed nursing. I am enjoying going there and seeing the people more and more each time I go, I think I keep saying that but it’s true. Today they were just taking special prayers for people, it’s kind of a combination prayer/party day and visiting pets. Most of the visiting pets are Chihuahua mixes and way too small for Robby to play with but there is one dog named Molly who is about half the size of Robby and looks like a lab and corgi mix, she is adorable but doesn’t really want to play. All of the dogs have a really good disposition, the Chihuahua mixes are surprisingly not shy and yapping all the time. After we left we went to target in Watsonville for a little bit of shopping, I needed a couple of shelves for our storage cube that I got in a couple of storage bins for the garage, I also got a couple of toys for the toys for tots bins that Cassy and her parents are putting together. We also went to Orchard supply hardware to get some hooks that I can put up outside for lights and decorations and keep up their year-round. I also got a couple of payday candy bars because I have been craving the last couple of days, of course I forgot to eat one but there’s always tomorrow. Usually we do the standing frame on Friday but it was already a long day and it was getting late so we’re going to do it tomorrow, Saturday might be a better day than Friday anyway.

Saturday was our peer support group meeting. I really like to cruise down there by myself but the weather was so unpredictable, one minute it was pouring down rain and the next minute the sun was shining so I asked Cassidy to give me a ride. The first people to show up at the support group meeting was Roger and I and I thought maybe because of the weather it would just be us two but then more people showed up, the weather didn’t keep them away. We always seem to have a lot to talk about and the Time goes by really fast. We talked about having a Christmas party here at my place or having one at the hospital where we have the support group, I always wonder if maybe we have it at the hospital more people might show up. I think I’ll send out an e-mail and see how many people would be interested in coming if I have one here, I think either way I would like to have one here, the Halloween party I had here was really small but everyone seemed to have a good time. I came home and got in the standing frame for half an hour and then went to bed. Heather made this awesome fish with artichoke hearts and capers, quinoa and yellow zucchini with mushrooms yesterday so I had that for dinner. Everyone in my family seems to think that I should leave my front door unlocked, they get mad and give me a lecture when it is locked. I believe that if everyone else wants to leave their doors unlocked then they should, it should be their choice. No matter where I have ever lived I have NEVER left any doors or windows unlocked, the news is just full of people who thought it would never happen to them. It’s very frustrating but it seems to be getting unlocked anyway so I decided to just get a keyless entry and maybe everybody will be happy. The weather was unbelievable. I can see the thunder and hear the lightning and hail really loud, I was glad I was in my nice warm home watching it outside. I love to watch the storms as long as I am safe and warm.

Sunday I got up a little bit late because I knew it was going to be a long day. Teresa and Adrian came to clean the house and stopped to visit for a while, I don’t really get to talk to them much so it was nice. I took a nice warm bath and got up but didn’t really do very much because it was cold and very unpredictable, I didn’t know form one minute to the next it was going to be sunny or a downpour. Teresa, Heather, Cassy and I went to dinner at the red room in downtown Santa Cruz. We have been trying for a couple of weeks but somebody has been sick and we wanted to all go together when everybody was doing good. It was really nice to get together with them and we had a great time. The food was awesome, I had shrimp, cherry tomatoes, asparagus and pasta. Last time I was there I had a mozzarella and prosciutto hamburger and I was going to have that again but I wanted to try to get something that I could eat myself so everybody else could enjoy their meal but I forgot that I don’t do very well with spaghetti pasta so Teresa and Heather had to help me anyways. We really need to do this more often and we swore we were going to.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

it rained quite a bit here this past weekend, Tammie, and you are right, the first part of last week was just gorgeous weather! That chocolate covered bacon sounds interesting, never had anything like that before! Sorry Wednesday was a bummer of a day. I think it would have been nice if the care giver called instead of just leaving a message on facebook.

I hope you and your family have a very nice Thanksgiving!