Monday, November 15, 2010

Another great week...

Monday turned out to be a gorgeous day, everything was so clear and fresh after the rain on Sunday. Robby and I cruised down to Dominican rehab, I had an appointment with Andrei. He is always so sweet and it’s always nice to see him. One of the laterals on my chair keeps breaking and we decided to keep it off for awhile and see how it goes. He raised up my joystick and straightened it out. He is the one who cut out of a hole in my armrest and put my phone there so I can use it, he is a genius. I was supposed to go out to dinner with Teresa, Heather and Cassy but Teresa wasn’t feeling well so we decided to go on Sunday instead. I didn’t get to do the standing frame is definitely on Wednesday.

Tuesday of course is massage Day. I used to have a lot of pain in my left arm and since I have been getting a massage once a week my arm is not sore anymore, my massage therapist says that my arm is not as tight and the tightness was what was causing the pain. Between the massage and exercise on the standing frame I feel GREAT. After the massage I got up and went for a cruise with Robby through the lagoon, up the trails, almost down to the lighthouse and through the empty Boardwalk. It’s hard to find a way to get around right now because all of the sidewalks are being repaired but I think I found a route. We came back home and I had a nice long hot bath and back into bed, it’s always so nice to get back into bed when it’s cold outside.

Wednesday turned out to be a really good day although it was a little cold. The trial that I usually use AND the sidewalk that is usually my alternative route are both closed so I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to get to the boardwalk/wharf. Another route is going through the lagoon but it’s muddy and I’m afraid that I will either get stuck or slide off the trail. We did manage to go for a cruise and got some exercise and fresh air. I came back just in time to meet a lady that is giving us a bid for the conversion part of my new van. I e-mailed Kevin again to see if he could give us a quote also but I think his e-mail got sent to my spam folder because I did not receive it. Of course I hope that I get to work with Kevin because he was always so faithful taking care of my van for several years before I moved.

Thursday was a little bit warmer than Wednesday. Robby and I worked on some commands for a while and then cruised down to the boardwalk and along the Levy. I always get nervous now when I see another dog coming towards us because I never know how that dog is going to act, this is from passing by too many aggressive dogs. I know that the dog whisperer says that my energy goes down the leash to the dog and I am afraid that Robby is going to get skittish, I try really hard not to have a reaction but I can’t seem to help myself. We came back to an empty house, that almost never happens, so I watch some TV and then when Teresa got here I took a nice long hot bath and went to bed.

Friday I was going to go to Santa Rosa to watch a friend of mine graduate with his new CCI dog but I ended up not going. It’s a three hour ride up and back and it seems kind of silly to drive all the way for an hour graduation, I need to lay back for 15 minutes every hour and it just makes it miserable to commute anywhere. Robby and I went for a really long cruise, our usual route, down to the end of the wharf and back, through the boardwalk, along the Levy to cost plus and then back through downtown. When I got home I had a craving for KFC chicken so Cassy took me over to get some. We got back and got ready to feed the dog only to find out there’s only enough dog food for that night, why doesn’t anybody tell me when I ran out of dog food? The only place around here that carries it is in Scotts Valley so Cassy took me over there to buy some more. I came back home and I was exhausted so I went to bed and try to watch a movie but fell asleep.

Saturday turned out to be a really beautiful day, the weather was perfect. Robby and I went for an extra long cruise past the lighthouse and stop to watch the surfers for awhile, to the end of the wharf and back and through the boardwalk... it was such a perfect day we didn’t want to come back home. I took a nice long hot bath, went to bed and watched a couple of movies. I hope tomorrow is just as nice, it is supposed to be.

Sunday was another beautiful day, puppy play date. There ended up being about six dogs there and they all play together nicely. I’ve been having problems with Robby not coming back to me when I call him when other dogs are around so I decided to take some chicken jerky dog treats, he NEVER gets any treats so I figured it would help and it did. After puppy play date we came back to the house. Teresa, Heather and I are going to go out to dinner for Heather’s birthday but she called and said that she wasn’t feeling good so we decided to put it off until she felt better. Teresa and I went to Costco and of course spent way too much money but didn’t really get anything that I didn’t need, I don’t get to go that often anymore and that’s where I get most of my supplies. We got a Cosco hotdog and came back home and Theresa put me to bed.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

It did seem like a busy productive week, Tammie!! I always enjoy reading your and Robby's adventures when you go out on your walks!