Monday, August 30, 2010

A week full of nice surprises...

Monday Cassidy, Jack and I went to Shogun for sushi. It was my second time being there and it was really great. It’s not as expensive as Mobos but it’s really hard to say which one I like the best. After sushi we went to Santa Cruz Skilled Nursing and this time it was really comfortable and we hung out and got to talk to a lot of people. One guy that I have seen in a couple of the concerts and briefly said hello to I talked for quite a while. He knows a lot of the same people than I do at Valley Medical Center. I met another lady that I talked to for a while that was really nice also, I love getting to know all of these people but I can never remember names. I invited the guy to the next Support group meaning and I hope I see him there, I will definitely see him at the concert this week. On Tuesday I decided to take Robby for a cruise before I got too hot, I never seem to make it out of here as early as I would like. It was pretty hot but it’s always cooler by the lighthouse and along the ocean, the problem with that is we do have to come back. We went for a pretty long walk and by the time we got home Robby was so hot that he just came through the door and laid down for about 10 or 15 minutes before he got up to get a drink of water, I didn’t realize that he was so hot. We invited a bunch of friends over for cribbage and dinner. My mom and my aunt made lasagna and we had a killer salad and garlic bread, not to mention a bunch of munchies and fruit. We only had enough time to play two games but I won both, I love winning but mostly I love to listen to everybody give each other a bad time. Wednesday Teresa took my chair into ATG rehab to get fixed. The sidewalks and the streets around here are so bumpy and uneven that my chair was squeaking and every time I go over a bump it shuts off. I was afraid that something was loose and I definitely don’t want to get stranded in the middle of nowhere, I haven’t got my cell phone with me these days, especially not in this heat. They also tightened up my arm rests and fixed the head rest so it can be taken off easily to get my hair cut and washed. Heather came by a couple of times to hang out and see what I have in my refrigerator. Last Friday she fell and broke/fractured her left wrist so she is having to take an easy again, she was just about ready to get her boot off of her right leg after that operation. She is having some really bad luck. It was really great to see her and she was surprisingly in really good spirits. Thursday I had another appointment at Hanger prosthetics. I got my braces fixed and he wanted me to bring in my night braces and a couple of pairs of shoes that I usually wear. Basically since I have had a sore on my heel I have only worn my slippers so I brought in a couple of pairs that I would like to wear. I’m supposed to only where the braces for a short time and work my way back up to wearing them all day but I always forget to take them off or there’s nobody here to take them off for me. Forgetting to take them off was actually a good thing because my heels have never looked better, I’m so excited. For the first time since my injury, knocking on wood, I have not had any skin breakdowns at all. After my appointment with Hanger I had an appointment with Claudia to get my hair cut and nails done. I took a picture of what I would like my hair to look like, he really never looks like you would like it to look no matter what. Friday Teresa and I went to the restaurant at the beginning of the wharf called the ideal restaurant. I have gone there a couple of times and it is pretty good. This time I had a blue cheese hamburger with onion rings on it and tries, it was AWESOME. After dinner we went to see starship with Mickey Thomas and I was also AWESOME. One of the first concerts I have seen at the beach were they actually almost played the full hour of the first show, usually they only play for about 40 minutes. Next week is going to be the last concert of the series. Saturday I took Robby for a long cruise through the lagoon, to the lighthouse, along the boardwalk and back home. Steve came over from across the street to say hello and I thought I kept hearing voices upstairs and pretty soon Kelly came down, what a really nice surprise. Bailey, her dog, had a skin infection and of course her vet is in Florida so she brought Bailey to see Robby’s vet. They gave her some medication and some medicated shampoo and said to come back if there was any problems, I have the best vet in the world. Kelley’s husband, Tom, said that all he had to do was mention Robby’s name and they got an appointment right away... Robby has such a great reputation around here. We went to pet Smart and then to cost plus and then came back and got ready to play cribbage. We invited some friends over but Kelly was way too tired and she went upstairs to sit down and just fell asleep. She just came back from Oregon where she took some pictures for Harry and Dave’s, she is a food stylist. She was really nervous and exhausted but said that it went really well. On Sunday I heard familiar voices in the living room, it was Charlie, Terry and Mondo. What a really great surprise, I have not seen them in so long. Robby and Mondo only met once before, and they got along really well, and they got along like they were never a part... it is so cute to watch them together. There was no puppy play date. Dr. Owens daughter is a derby girl and they had an event going on downtown. Kelly and I met Teresa up the hill and we had Thai food, it was really good. After that I came home, had a bath and went to bed.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

I can't believe the concerts will be winding down for the season; this summer has gone by so fast; I bet it was a great concert with the Starship!

too bad we don't live closer; would love to learn how to play cribbage!