Monday, February 8, 2016

Everybody is so excited about Super Bowl week…

Monday was a great day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath, it felt great. Karen got me dressed and up in my chair and Robby and I went for a nice long cruise to the end of the wharf and back, to the end of the boardwalk and back and back down to the end of the wharf and then home. It was such a beautiful day and the waves were gorgeous, I wanted to stay out there all day. Rosa came in and put me to bed and I was out.

Tuesday turned out to be bittersweet. Lisa came in and got me up and we cruised over to Trader Joe's to get some yogurt and stuff so I can make my own parfait's, I have been buying them at Safeway and then I thought "why don't I just get the ingredients and have been made at home"? I noticed about the dairy products there was a couple of surfboards and skateboards made out of tile, glass and mirrors so I had Lisa take pictures. While she was taking pictures the guy that worked there walked up and asked her she would like to the artist so she said yes and introduced me to him, his name was Chad and he just happened to work there and was there that day. I ended up buying one of his surfboards and she's like to bring it by on Friday, I'm so excited! This thing is gorgeous! We came back to the house and Karen was in the kitchen making lotions, face cleanser and salt scrub. The guy from AT&T digital life came and that's when everything started going downhill. He told me that with the product that they have I won't be able to have as many sensors on the doors and windows, that worked out okay because my mom doesn't like hers anyway… Problem solved. Then he told me that the screens on my Windows, that I just paid a couple thousand dollars for, were part of their package so there's another loss. Karen, Lisa and I left him to do whatever he was doing and went out to finish organizing the garage, my garage looks awesome! Lisa went home and Karen put me to bed and the guy came in to talk to me. When he was leaving I asked him why the monitor in my room that displays the surveillance cameras was still off so he turned it on but it still said no signal, apparently that's not part of the program either. I can view the surveillance cameras online but for security reasons it signs me out every 15 minutes. The 7 inch iPad that he left me to view the surveillance cameras he couldn't figure out so he left it to me with a phone number for me to call and figure it out. Before he left I said "what about the home automation part of the package"? He said I didn't order it. My brother David and I were on the phone with this guy for approximately 2 hours discussing in detail what I wanted and he agreed to everything. I guess that's what salesmen do?? Needless to say I had a miserable night.

Wednesday was another great but cold day. Karen came in and we did some personal care and I took a shower. Karen got me dressed and I called AT&T to find out what was going on and the lady was just really cold and very unhelpful. She just kept saying "what do you want to do"? I told her the whole story and that he didt bring part of the home automation package… She didm't care, I was just wasting her time so I asked her how long to decide whether I was going to keep the security program or not… I already knew I was not. She said nothing about having somebody come out and install the home automation program and at the very end of the conversation she did apologize.  I took Robby for a cruise over to the wharf, to the boardwalk, to the wharf again, to the boardwalk again and then back home. It was a little bit too cold for me and I'm a little afraid to go up to Westlake Drive because of the sinkholes. We came back home and rested for a bit and Rosa came in to put me to bed. Susan came in to give me a nice long massage, I really needed it and it felt great. Rosa set me up for the evening and I watched TV.

Thursday Karen came in and got me dressed and up in my chair. Robby and I cruised downtown for my psychology appointment, boy did I have a lot to tell he. After my appointment we cruised over to the wharf, to the boardwalk and then over to Robby's vet to talk to Dr. Schuman about Robby's food… He just keeps losing weight. He was at 63 pounds and Dr. Schuman said I could double his food, I was so excited to hear that. We cruised home and Rosa came in to put me to bed, I was really cold and out almost immediately.

Friday was a pretty good day.  I called my brother in Georgia and we discussed what we could do about my security and home automation system, we decided to keep security with AT&T and keep the home automation system he set up for me. Karen came in and we did some personal care and I got to take a nice long hot bath! She got me dressed and into my chair and I called Chad and he delivered my surfboard, turns out he lives right up the street… Small world. I cruised Robby down to cost plus world market to see if I can find some new curtains for my room, once in a while I just like to change things up. Lisa came and got my van and met me there and we found some curtains, I hope they look as good as I think they're going to. She took me over to Costco to get some garbage bags and gloves, and of course we found some other stuff that we needed. We came back home and She found some fathead wall posters that I ordered a while back, I had forgotten all about them, she put them on the wall and they look really cool. I rested for a bit as Karen was trying to get my new Amazon echo up and running, were hoping that it will help with some of the home automation. Theresa came in and put me to bed and I just watched TV the rest of the evening and relaxed.

 Saturday was a great day. The weather has been so beautiful I find myself taking pictures of the same thing every day but saying it more beautiful. Cindy came in and got me dressed and up in my chair and Robby and I took off for a really long, great cruise. We cruised up to W. Cliff Dr. because I wanted to check out the monarch butterflies, somebody told me they moved to lighthouse field Park across the street from the lighthouse Museum. I did see a bunch of butterflies but I couldn't find the eucalyptus trees that attract them, a lot of the paths still have a lot of water in them from the rain so I could get around to much. I wanted to check them out because my therapist from the independent living Center was coming to visit with her three sons, they are so adorable. We cruised back down to the wharf and down to the end and back and then over to the boardwalk where we also cruised down to the end and back. It seemed like everybody was spending their day in Santa Cruz before going to the Super Bowl in Santa Clara. While up on Westcliff Drive we ran into Robby's favorite vet Dr. Schuman, we always see him at the same spot on Westcliff getting ready to surf. I watched the sand sculpture guy molding something in the sand, all I saw was Santa Cruz before I had to head back home. I didn't want to go home because it was such a perfect day.  As we were leaving the wharf we ran into our neighbor Mark, he had his bike loaded down with his surfboard and his artwork… He makes sea glass trees Odyssey glass and wire… They are gorgeous. It ended up being 70° and everybody was so happy and friendly.

Sunday was a really great day. Cindy came in and got me up and as soon as we could leave we were out of here for another gorgeous day in Santa Cruz. Robby and I cruised down to the wharf and I have to admit, it was a lot more crowded than I anticipated… I thought everybody would be home getting ready to watch the Super Bowl. We cruised down to the end and back and took some great pictures, pictures of which I'm sure I have about 1 million of already but each time I see the view is more beautiful to me. We cruised down to the end of the boardwalk and back, everything was open so we can go a lot further… Usually they have about half of it closed off. I did notice that they were doing a lot of painting and maintenance the last couple of weeks but I had no idea it would be open for the weekend. We cruised back home and rested for a bit and my friend from Los Gatos and her three sons came to visit, I reconnected with her a couple of years ago on Facebook and I'm so glad I did… She is still as sweet as ever. She said that her childhood friend and family were down on the beach surfing so we cruise down there to meet up with them. A very sweet couple with two kids, twins, who were learning how to surf. They had lessons the day before I learned about the rules and ocean safety, they look like you were having a really great time. As usual the day went by way too fast and it was time to go back home, we stopped at the playground at Depot Park so the kids could play for a while and then we came home and they left. They keep themselves pretty busy but I know they will be back. Theresa came in and put me to bed and I was pretty much fighting staying awake for the rest of the evening until she left.

1 comment:

betty said...

I like that surfboard! So very colorful! I bet Robbie is happy that he is able to eat some more food :) I did forget that the Super Bowl was very close to where you live, Tammie. I can imagine the excitement of it all! I always enjoy the pictures you take, so I don't mind if there are pictures of the same shots over and over again :) How neat to have an Amazon Echo; I hadn't heard about them since I saw the commercials for the Super Bowl, but it looks like a great thing to have!